Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Dropping out of discussions

JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 12:21:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Does it bug anybody else when somebody drops out of a discussion because their arguments have been shot down? It's usually accompanied with something like 'You just don't get it so I'm not going to bother anymore'.

To me, it shows that someone isn't interested at all in broadening their understanding, they are only interested in being right.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 12:51:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 12:44:36 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
That means you win. You shouldn't get annoyed, you should be happy that you won the argument, or took control of the discussion or whatever.

But I'm not here to win arguments...

I'm here to learn from people who know more about subjects than I do, and hopefully so people can learn from me about subjects I know more about.

I think the process of discussion and learning trumps 'winning'...
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 1:31:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I usually stop posting when it becomes clear that someone 1) is more interested in winning an argument than discussing an issue or 2) lacks a basic understanding of the topic. I hated being a teacher, I'd rather not feel like one here lol.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 2:01:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 12:51:18 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/6/2012 12:44:36 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
That means you win. You shouldn't get annoyed, you should be happy that you won the argument, or took control of the discussion or whatever.

But I'm not here to win arguments...

I'm here to learn from people who know more about subjects than I do, and hopefully so people can learn from me about subjects I know more about.

I think the process of discussion and learning trumps 'winning'...

I'm not saying that was the goal. I'm just saying that what it means when someone drops out.

If you're looking for more insight and they drop out then yes that's annoying but being a positive person I'll take it as winning to quell my irritation.
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 2:15:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm a lot more likely to drop out of discussions now than I was a few years ago. There's a certain degree of incommensurability between worldviews that just isn't worth trying to deconstruct.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 2:20:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's an inherent problem with forums. If the person doesn't up and quit enirely, they can not respond to your major argument and divert to minor points.

Challenge the person to a debate. If they have you blocked, call them out in the forum. Few will debate, but it calls attention to the hit-and-run tactic and thereby discourages it.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 2:30:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 2:20:15 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
It's an inherent problem with forums. If the person doesn't up and quit enirely, they can not respond to your major argument and divert to minor points.

Challenge the person to a debate. If they have you blocked, call them out in the forum. Few will debate, but it calls attention to the hit-and-run tactic and thereby discourages it.

People do that here?!

No!

The OP would never believe that. xD
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 3:26:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I forget sometimes. I'll be involved in like three or four different discussions, and it'll just slip my mind to respond to one. But then, when I rediscover it, all my motivation and passion with respect to that argument has usually just flat-lined, so I'm like "Meh".

Plus, given that this site is prone to repeating the same arguments over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, ad infinitum, it's not like I'm really missing an opportunity to attack or defend something. It's the whole "You keep getting second chances" thing.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 4:01:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 2:30:57 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/6/2012 2:20:15 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
It's an inherent problem with forums. If the person doesn't up and quit enirely, they can not respond to your major argument and divert to minor points.

Challenge the person to a debate. If they have you blocked, call them out in the forum. Few will debate, but it calls attention to the hit-and-run tactic and thereby discourages it.

People do that here?!

No!

The OP would never believe that. xD

Yes, Ren.

Somehow, in your strange little world, the cost of rent, and how much a person pays into taxes, is completely irrelevant to the topic of that person's budget.

Get real. You made stupid claims about the cost of living. I refuted them, and you threw a fit because you still don't think a family of 4 can survive off of 30k.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 6:14:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 12:21:50 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Does it bug anybody else when somebody drops out of a discussion because their arguments have been shot down? It's usually accompanied with something like 'You just don't get it so I'm not going to bother anymore'.

To me, it shows that someone isn't interested at all in broadening their understanding, they are only interested in being right.
It's acceptable to leave a forum discussion in which your opponent lacks fundamental knowledge of a topic, though great babbling skills. It becomes a waste of time.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 6:27:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Wait...was this thread just an opportunity for the OP to call out another member? God damn you Jaxson...I trusted you.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 6:30:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 6:27:22 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Wait...was this thread just an opportunity for the OP to call out another member? God damn you Jaxson...I trusted you.

Lol, no. It really frustrates me.

But if someone comes into my thread and references a topic they have decided not to discuss anymore, I'll call them out on that.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 6:41:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 6:30:17 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/6/2012 6:27:22 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Wait...was this thread just an opportunity for the OP to call out another member? God damn you Jaxson...I trusted you.

Lol, no. It really frustrates me.

But if someone comes into my thread and references a topic they have decided not to discuss anymore, I'll call them out on that.

Roy is right. You should challenge Ren to a debate. That would be interesting to read. You should continue to challenge Ren until he accepts. This could be a long process.... but it will be well worth it.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 6:43:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 6:41:25 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/6/2012 6:30:17 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/6/2012 6:27:22 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Wait...was this thread just an opportunity for the OP to call out another member? God damn you Jaxson...I trusted you.

Lol, no. It really frustrates me.

But if someone comes into my thread and references a topic they have decided not to discuss anymore, I'll call them out on that.

Roy is right. You should challenge Ren to a debate. That would be interesting to read. You should continue to challenge Ren until he accepts. This could be a long process.... but it will be well worth it.

That would break my attempted record at 'time active without debating', but... could be a good idea :)
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 6:51:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Often discussions end up being repititive and pointless. Usually, if I find a post that I disagree with, I will make a couple of responses but other than that, constantly posting turns it into a flame war. At some point, it becomes obvious that the other person is set in their ways and will not be convinced or even entertain the possibility of them being wrong. At that point, the best thing to do is to leave the forum. We all have a limited amount of time on our hands. While some people can argue forever and ever, most will only argue as long as the discussion holds their interest. Viewing it as "running away" is quite a strange way to look at it.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 6:55:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 6:51:39 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Often discussions end up being repititive and pointless. Usually, if I find a post that I disagree with, I will make a couple of responses but other than that, constantly posting turns it into a flame war. At some point, it becomes obvious that the other person is set in their ways and will not be convinced or even entertain the possibility of them being wrong. At that point, the best thing to do is to leave the forum. We all have a limited amount of time on our hands. While some people can argue forever and ever, most will only argue as long as the discussion holds their interest. Viewing it as "running away" is quite a strange way to look at it.

I'm not talking about simply dropping out. I'm talking about the kind where someone makes a point, it is refuted. They make a different point, it is refuted. Then they say something like 'Eh, you don't understand', or 'I'm not going to bother with you anymore'.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 7:25:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 6:55:17 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/6/2012 6:51:39 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Often discussions end up being repititive and pointless. Usually, if I find a post that I disagree with, I will make a couple of responses but other than that, constantly posting turns it into a flame war. At some point, it becomes obvious that the other person is set in their ways and will not be convinced or even entertain the possibility of them being wrong. At that point, the best thing to do is to leave the forum. We all have a limited amount of time on our hands. While some people can argue forever and ever, most will only argue as long as the discussion holds their interest. Viewing it as "running away" is quite a strange way to look at it.

I'm not talking about simply dropping out. I'm talking about the kind where someone makes a point, it is refuted. They make a different point, it is refuted. Then they say something like 'Eh, you don't understand', or 'I'm not going to bother with you anymore'.

Can you show an example?
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 7:35:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 7:25:31 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 8/6/2012 6:55:17 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/6/2012 6:51:39 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Often discussions end up being repititive and pointless. Usually, if I find a post that I disagree with, I will make a couple of responses but other than that, constantly posting turns it into a flame war. At some point, it becomes obvious that the other person is set in their ways and will not be convinced or even entertain the possibility of them being wrong. At that point, the best thing to do is to leave the forum. We all have a limited amount of time on our hands. While some people can argue forever and ever, most will only argue as long as the discussion holds their interest. Viewing it as "running away" is quite a strange way to look at it.

I'm not talking about simply dropping out. I'm talking about the kind where someone makes a point, it is refuted. They make a different point, it is refuted. Then they say something like 'Eh, you don't understand', or 'I'm not going to bother with you anymore'.

Can you show an example?

Like Ren. He said I couldn't support my family on $30k per year.

He said that after taxes, I would only take home $20k per year.

So, I showed him how(well, never got around to the final figure) it would actually come out to more like $30,500 in take-home pay, due to EIC.

Then he claimed that the taxes were a 'minor point' irrelevant to the major issue, which is the budget for a family of 4. I would contend that whether or not you have $20,000 or $30,000 to support your family on is a major point when discussing the viability of a budget.

He did the same thing about rental prices, then claimed after he was shown to be very wrong that it was a minor point. After both of those he backed out of the discussion after a few dozen ad-hominems.

There was another poster who did the same kind of thing recently, but I don't care to point them out.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 8:40:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yep. This happens a lot right after you challenge them to a debate.
They argue bullish*t positions directly contradicted by fact (*cough* ConPolitico *cough*), and when you challenge them to a debate, they never post on the thread again.

@CP. Still want to debate on whether Obama has ruined the US foreign image.
@Ron-Paul Foreign policy debate
Sapere Aude!
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:03:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 8:40:21 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Yep. This happens a lot right after you challenge them to a debate.
They argue bullish*t positions directly contradicted by fact (*cough* ConPolitico *cough*), and when you challenge them to a debate, they never post on the thread again.

@CP. Still want to debate on whether Obama has ruined the US foreign image.
@Ron-Paul Foreign policy debate

I wasn't aware I had been called out.

Yes, I'll debate it.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:37:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 11:03:19 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 8/6/2012 8:40:21 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Yep. This happens a lot right after you challenge them to a debate.
They argue bullish*t positions directly contradicted by fact (*cough* ConPolitico *cough*), and when you challenge them to a debate, they never post on the thread again.

@CP. Still want to debate on whether Obama has ruined the US foreign image.
@Ron-Paul Foreign policy debate

I wasn't aware I had been called out.

Yes, I'll debate it.

We need a call-out thread. It would facilitate debates, reduce the number of squabbling threads, and be deliciously dramatic.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 12:28:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 11:03:19 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 8/6/2012 8:40:21 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Yep. This happens a lot right after you challenge them to a debate.
They argue bullish*t positions directly contradicted by fact (*cough* ConPolitico *cough*), and when you challenge them to a debate, they never post on the thread again.

@CP. Still want to debate on whether Obama has ruined the US foreign image.
@Ron-Paul Foreign policy debate

I wasn't aware I had been called out.

Yes, I'll debate it.
Cool. I'll add you to my pending debates list.
Sapere Aude!
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 7:59:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 4:01:01 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/6/2012 2:30:57 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/6/2012 2:20:15 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
It's an inherent problem with forums. If the person doesn't up and quit enirely, they can not respond to your major argument and divert to minor points.

Challenge the person to a debate. If they have you blocked, call them out in the forum. Few will debate, but it calls attention to the hit-and-run tactic and thereby discourages it.

People do that here?!

No!

The OP would never believe that. xD

Yes, Ren.

Somehow, in your strange little world, the cost of rent, and how much a person pays into taxes, is completely irrelevant to the topic of that person's budget.

Get real. You made stupid claims about the cost of living. I refuted them, and you threw a fit because you still don't think a family of 4 can survive off of 30k.

Lolol, how could you just lie like that?!

You are the most miniature person I've ever met, seriously.

You know what... just for that, JaxsonRaine... just for that, I'm literally going to go back and read through those posts and paste them here, so everyone can see what a "herp derp strawmanning" assshole you really are for making all of these specious threads as an underhanded attack against me.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 8:15:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Exhibit One: The Point of the Conversation

In essence, it's asserted and commonly accepted that the top 1% in earners start at $350k/yr, but the top 1% in wealth begins at 8 million dollars. This lead to my argument:

At 8/2/2012 12:41:11 PM, Ren wrote:
Really think about this, Jaxson. How could somene possibly accrue 32 times their earnings?

In other words, if the top earners aren't the same as the most wealthy, were in the hell are the most wealthy getting their money? Are you really thinking about this at all?

Apparently not. Apparently most people aren't, if the NYT can get away with such specious arguments. :P

Simply, food for thought. Dubiousness in the claims. That's all.

This lead to:

Exhibit Two: JaxsonRaine's Actual Claim

At 8/2/2012 1:37:47 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

I supported my family quite well off of $30,000 per year. We saved money. We payed our bills. It's stupid when you have people who don't think 50k, 70k, 150k is enough to survive off of.

Mind you, he already indicated that his wife didn't work and he had wo kids. That's a four person family, living "quite well," saving money, with no debt.

Preposterous.

That leads to:

Exhibit Three: Ren's Oh-So Horrible Reply

At 8/2/2012 6:03:39 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/2/2012 1:37:47 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

I guarantee you it is. I can survive with a wife and two kids quite easily off of $30,000. $162,000 is a bit more than $30,000.

I call bullshiit.

Your take-home is 20k.

That's 1.6k per month.

...which is $400 a week.

Lmfao, you are lying, unless you lived in a one bedroom apartment in the middle of the ghetto. Then, you're still lying, you're just not lying as hard.

I've made $30k/yr before.

It's nothing.

You're full of shiit, bro.

So, this is the big reply that got Jaxson going for days now. :\ Anticlimactic, isn't it?

Exhibit Four: JaxsonRaine's Complex

This leads to the root, the real reason behind all of this nonsensical behavior. JaxsonRaine thinks he's some kind of online guru; some massive intellect that can render anyone cowering under the might of his pithy, witty, and egregiously impressive posts:

At 8/2/2012 7:52:45 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/2/2012 6:04:34 PM, Ren wrote:
Lol, I'm extremely responsible with money, I make more than that, and I still live pretty simply.

You're so completely full of it.

But, I'm glad disproving me means that much to you. ^_^

Moving on to my dude Laizzez

Apparently not. You don't understand money or taxes.

Don't get so full of yourself. Destroying morons online is my favorite pastime.

This is right after posting his purported budget supporting a four person family on $30k a year, which was as follows:

At 8/2/2012 7:50:51 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

You're a moron. Sorry. Really, it's getting sad. Do some thinking/research/ask-the-magic-8ball before you post.

Ok, if I make $30,000...

My taxes come out to a refund of $1640. I can declare tax-exempt, and have only FICA withholding. With FICA and state, let's call it 10%.

Take home pay is $27,000, + $1640 tax return. Total annual income is $28640, or $2386/month.

Rent - $750
Utilities - $150
Gas - $100
Food - $300

Still have over $1000/month for any necessary expenditures.

Learn to math.

Lol, you sad little man.

Why didn't you make a debate out of those things, Jaxson? Why is it suddenly, "four people can "survive" on $30k a year?

What an assshole you are.

And now, you're exposed. Better cover your little dinky, because your pants are down.

Keep going. Make another thread. I dare you.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 8:29:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Exhibit Five: Ren's References to the Actual Contention with Jaxson's Claim

At 8/3/2012 10:36:03 AM, Ren wrote:
I substantiate absolutely everything I say. You haven't been able to substantiate a thing, so by the time I was about to leave for work yesterday, you threw up a hail-Mary in order to seem as though you have some substance to your position by claiming that you supported a wife and two kids on $30k a year and was able to save money.

At 8/3/2012 1:29:07 PM, Ren wrote:
I can't wait until you finally get tired of looking all over google for loopholes and other silly support for your ridiculous claims, and realize that there's supposed to be a point to this subject, which is completely defeated by your assertion that you lived off of a single turkey for one month, and ramen for another; that you do not give your children the nutrition they need; that you don't prioritize hygeine or sanitation in any way shape or form; that you don't ever give your wife anything; that you don't celebrate holidays; that the government gives you tax relief because you're so damned poor; and that we're engaging this conversation on a computer while using the internet, which is clearly something you're calling "an unnecessary expenditure that puts everyone in debt."

Lmfao, you're a retard.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 10:54:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/7/2012 8:15:52 AM, Ren wrote:
Exhibit One: The Point of the Conversation

In essence, it's asserted and commonly accepted that the top 1% in earners start at $350k/yr, but the top 1% in wealth begins at 8 million dollars. This lead to my argument:

At 8/2/2012 12:41:11 PM, Ren wrote:
Really think about this, Jaxson. How could somene possibly accrue 32 times their earnings?

In other words, if the top earners aren't the same as the most wealthy, were in the hell are the most wealthy getting their money? Are you really thinking about this at all?

Apparently not. Apparently most people aren't, if the NYT can get away with such specious arguments. :P

Simply, food for thought. Dubiousness in the claims. That's all.

That's a different topic Ren, but I still don't understand why you think the top 1% of wealthy people and the top 1% of income earners are supposed to be the same people.

This lead to:

Exhibit Two: JaxsonRaine's Actual Claim

At 8/2/2012 1:37:47 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

I supported my family quite well off of $30,000 per year. We saved money. We payed our bills. It's stupid when you have people who don't think 50k, 70k, 150k is enough to survive off of.

Mind you, he already indicated that his wife didn't work and he had wo kids. That's a four person family, living "quite well," saving money, with no debt.

Yes, and you haven't been able to show why that is impossible, nor will you. You won't dare continue to debate me over it, becaue I showed you how horribly wrong you were about rent prices AND about taxes.

Preposterous.

That leads to:

Exhibit Three: Ren's Oh-So Horrible Reply

At 8/2/2012 6:03:39 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/2/2012 1:37:47 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

I guarantee you it is. I can survive with a wife and two kids quite easily off of $30,000. $162,000 is a bit more than $30,000.

I call bullshiit.

Your take-home is 20k.

That's 1.6k per month.

...which is $400 a week.

Lmfao, you are lying, unless you lived in a one bedroom apartment in the middle of the ghetto. Then, you're still lying, you're just not lying as hard.

I've made $30k/yr before.

It's nothing.

You're full of shiit, bro.

So, this is the big reply that got Jaxson going for days now. :\ Anticlimactic, isn't it?

Yeah, quote your post that you've been proven wrong about. Great idea.

Do you still somehow think that take-home pay is $20,000?

Exhibit Four: JaxsonRaine's Complex

This leads to the root, the real reason behind all of this nonsensical behavior. JaxsonRaine thinks he's some kind of online guru; some massive intellect that can render anyone cowering under the might of his pithy, witty, and egregiously impressive posts:

At 8/2/2012 7:52:45 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/2/2012 6:04:34 PM, Ren wrote:
Lol, I'm extremely responsible with money, I make more than that, and I still live pretty simply.

You're so completely full of it.

But, I'm glad disproving me means that much to you. ^_^

Moving on to my dude Laizzez

Apparently not. You don't understand money or taxes.

Don't get so full of yourself. Destroying morons online is my favorite pastime.

This is right after posting his purported budget supporting a four person family on $30k a year, which was as follows:

At 8/2/2012 7:50:51 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

You're a moron. Sorry. Really, it's getting sad. Do some thinking/research/ask-the-magic-8ball before you post.

Ok, if I make $30,000...

My taxes come out to a refund of $1640. I can declare tax-exempt, and have only FICA withholding. With FICA and state, let's call it 10%.

Take home pay is $27,000, + $1640 tax return. Total annual income is $28640, or $2386/month.

Rent - $750
Utilities - $150
Gas - $100
Food - $300

Still have over $1000/month for any necessary expenditures.

Learn to math.

Lol, you sad little man.

Why didn't you make a debate out of those things, Jaxson? Why is it suddenly, "four people can "survive" on $30k a year?

What an assshole you are.

And now, you're exposed. Better cover your little dinky, because your pants are down.

Keep going. Make another thread. I dare you.

Ren, I said in my debate that I would happily address any concerns with the stipulations and with the resolution. In our discussions I did say that we saved money, but I never said how much. You seem to think I claimed I could save $1000/month, but I never did.

Is your problem with when I said 'quite well'? That's subjective, apparently you don't think someone is being supported 'quite well' unless you drive new cars, live in a 2500 sq. foot home, have all the latest electronic gadgets, and eat arugula salads for every meal.

So come on, if my CLAIM is so PREPOSTEROUS, then why don't you man up and show me why, or debate me on it?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
baggins
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 2:47:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/6/2012 12:21:50 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Does it bug anybody else when somebody drops out of a discussion because their arguments have been shot down? It's usually accompanied with something like 'You just don't get it so I'm not going to bother anymore'.

To me, it shows that someone isn't interested at all in broadening their understanding, they are only interested in being right.

In my experience, many people on this site are irritating and obnoxious. In such cases, it is perfectly all right to walk out of discussions without any notice. If it infuriates them; well and good. If they think they have won, who really cares. On other hand, while discussing any topic with nice people, it is better to inform them that you are going to stop posting along with the true reason for that.

Often it is essential to disappear from discussions due to constrains of real world. Sometimes it is better to stop discussions which are reducing into fights, irrespective of 'win' or 'lose'. Sometimes you realize after starting a discussion that you need more knowledge about the subject before continuing the discussion. However in cases where it is obvious to me that I am wrong, it is better to concede and move on. The last part happens to me often in real life. On DDO that is rare.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.