Jump to topic:

Weed and Movies

Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 12:42:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't know what I would do with out the combination.

Like, some movies are normally not good-- so weed helps them out. ;)

It's funny how much you can enjoy a crummy movie when you're faded... lol
But when you watch it a few weeks later, sober, it's like eh. *coff-Ted-coff*

I saw 'The Departed' after a long sesh when it first came out.. Still one of my favorites.

Can you guys think of any movies you've seen high, that were made specifially memorable?
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 5:20:39 PM
I did try syncing up the Dark Side of the Moon with the Wizard of Oz baked out of my mind. It's no urban legend. That shite really is trippy/eerie, stoned or sober.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 5:22:43 PM
At 8/28/2012 5:08:27 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Spirited Away.

That movie gave me nightmares when I was a kid.

@OP
MST3K
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 7:16:33 PM
At 8/28/2012 5:20:39 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I did try syncing up the Dark Side of the Moon with the Wizard of Oz baked out of my mind. It's no urban legend. That shite really is trippy/eerie, stoned or sober.

Word.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 7:29:51 PM
watch any transformers while youre stoned, you will think its based on actual events
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 7:32:47 PM
At 8/28/2012 7:29:51 PM, imabench wrote:
watch any transformers while youre stoned, you will think its based on actual events

I thought it was a documentary
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 7:59:14 PM
At 8/28/2012 7:32:47 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

Why is my car starring at me?
Thank you for voting!
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 1:16:37 AM
At 8/28/2012 7:59:14 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 8/28/2012 7:32:47 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

Why is my car starring at me?

Is it talking, or didI leave the radio on?
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 1:41:37 AM
At 8/28/2012 5:20:39 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

I will definitely need to do that.
Project it up on a big screen at an outdoor stoner party. Yes.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 8:40:26 AM
I hate cartoons (except Family Guy), but one of my exes was obsessed with kid's movies and we would watch them stoned all the time. As such, Madagascar became one of my favorites. Kids movies play up innocent humor which is something you really appreciate while you're high, and maybe not otherwise. I don't require provocative humor when I'm blazed. And speaking of blazed, the 1970s movie Blazing Saddles was hilarious to watch high. You might like that one. As for more recent and popular choices, try something Apatow-ish like Knocked Up or I Love You, Man. Depending on your mood and what you're going for, Across the Universe is a musical drama based on Beatles tunes, but is incredibly visually stimulating (and of course the soundtrack is great). If you haven't seen it yet, Bridesmaids is hilarious with or without weed. But everything is better with weed :P
President of DDO
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 7:04:18 PM
At 8/30/2012 8:40:26 AM, Danielle wrote:
I hate cartoons (except Family Guy), but one of my exes was obsessed with kid's movies and we would watch them stoned all the time. As such, Madagascar became one of my favorites. Kids movies play up innocent humor which is something you really appreciate while you're high, and maybe not otherwise. I don't require provocative humor when I'm blazed. And speaking of blazed, the 1970s movie Blazing Saddles was hilarious to watch high. You might like that one. As for more recent and popular choices, try something Apatow-ish like Knocked Up or I Love You, Man. Depending on your mood and what you're going for, Across the Universe is a musical drama based on Beatles tunes, but is incredibly visually stimulating (and of course the soundtrack is great). If you haven't seen it yet, Bridesmaids is hilarious with or without weed. But everything is better with weed :P

Yes, all of the Apatow flicks are awesome (even funny people [hash required]).

I thought Pineapple Express was fuckin amazing.. Me and my brothers quote that f*ckin movie all the time..

"Y'all wan buy sum drugzzz!?"

But off the comedic tip; Underworld is sooo dope when you're high.. I saw the last one in theaters [baked], and i couldn't speak for an hour after the movie... my brain was still trying to digest all the visuals.. i had a brain-food coma.

I'm an Indica guy, so I like the heavy feeling highs.. like chill, and absorb my surroundings lol

I hardly even look at the sativa part of the menu when i hit up the clinics..
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 1:56:35 AM
At 8/28/2012 3:49:48 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I watched a movie high once. Didn't like it. I was completely lost on the whole thing.

Try watching Fantasia 2000 high.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 9:09:10 PM
At 11/3/2012 1:56:35 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/28/2012 3:49:48 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I watched a movie high once. Didn't like it. I was completely lost on the whole thing.

Try watching Fantasia 2000 high.

I have done this before with a bunch of friends, with a projector projecting the movie onto the ceiling so it felt like a small movie theater... screen bigger than any tv and there was surround sound... rarely have i been so totally lost in a movie, so totally enveloping.

Anyways, I don't think you've ever truly lived until you've seen a cartoon show or movie while baked off your @$$. Especially the good nickelodean shows like Fairly Oddparents and Spongebob. I'm also very into the show Adventure Time. Watching cartoon shows while stoned brings me back to this feeling of total childhood innocence, except you can't actually appreciate that feeling when you're much younger, so it's amazing to actually experience and appreciate how wonderful it feels.

I was trying to explain the awesomeness of weed to medic and jharry in the politics section, but they laughed me off and ignored all my points. Whatevs.