Jump to topic:

Why do people hate New Jersey

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 8:58:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
yeah, I've never understood this, maybe it's because I don't know that much about other states. Some enlightenment please?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 9:01:16 PM
At 9/8/2012 8:58:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
yeah, I've never understood this, maybe it's because I don't know that much about other states. Some enlightenment please?

I've never been there but people who I have talked to who say they have, say it smells like urine everywhere.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:18:52 PM
One of my friends actually moved to where I live in California from New Jersey and what she told me was that she hated the smell, and would notice that other places had a "fresher" scent.

Also she said that she couldn't stand the people, she thought a good portion of them were "off" (her words not mine), but then again she's a little "off" as well.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 9:15:27 AM
I can't stand New Jersey. There is absolutely nothing to do, and the cops are terrible. Terrible. Worst law enforcement establishment I've encountered in this entire country.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 9:18:19 AM
That's NORTH JERSEY everybody! Ok, the Jersey Shore too, but interior South Jersey is fvcking pristine. Why do you think they call it the Garden State?
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 9:54:16 AM
At 9/9/2012 9:18:19 AM, Frederick53 wrote:
That's NORTH JERSEY everybody! Ok, the Jersey Shore too, but interior South Jersey is fvcking pristine. Why do you think they call it the Garden State?

I wonder if that's because of NYC. You can't have the commerce capital of the world without several ghettos on the periphery. The Princeton/Red Bank areas in South Jersey are very nice though
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 10:02:59 AM
At 9/9/2012 9:54:16 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/9/2012 9:18:19 AM, Frederick53 wrote:

I wonder if that's because of NYC. You can't have the commerce capital of the world without several ghettos on the periphery. The Princeton/Red Bank areas in South Jersey are very nice though

That's exactly what I've always thought.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:41:41 PM
Northeast Jersey is where all the stereotypes originate from. It's an armpit. High crime, people of lowly character, obnoxious accents, bad hair, inordinate amounts of Guido's.

That's why. Of course, these are merely generalities and preconceived notions.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)