- untitled_entity
- Cody_Franklin
- Charlie_Danger
- PoeJoe (Panda)

FAIL

- wjmelements

LIST OF ALL THE ROLES
:

* Nags: Innocent / STUDENT COUNCIL (Julie) -- Can talk to other member(s) of the Student Council / Killed by the Mafia on Night Phase 1

* mongeese1: Innocent / BFF (Nate) -- Could talk to his BFF / Lynched on Day Phase 2

* crackofdawn_Jr1: Innocent / BFF (Nick) -- Could talk to his BFF, and died because his BFF died [similar to that of the Lovers roles] ... He was also targeted by the Vigilante / Died on Night Phase 2

* ToastOfDestiny1: Innocent / LONER (Scott) -- Like the Vigilante, he could kill someone at night / Killed by the Mafia on Night Phase 2

* wjmelements: Guilty / EMO KID (Owen) -- Like the Suicide Bomber, he could take an innocent townie down with him if and only if he casted one of the lynch votes for himself / Lynched on Day Phase 3

* I-am-a-Panda1: Innocent / CLASS PRESIDENT (Chris) -- Like the Politician, he could manipulate one players vote each night phase; He was also part of the Student Council / Killed by the Mafia on Night Phase 3

* untitled_entity: Guilty / FOOTBALL CAPTAIN (Brad) -- Like the Godfather, she was responsible for making the final decision on who the mafia killed during the night phase. She also carried out the kills (so the mafia would have failed had she been role blocked at night). However, unlike the Godfather, she would not be seen as innocent upon any investigation; she would have come up guilty / Lynched on Day Phase 4

* KRFournier: Guilty / SIDE KICK (Matt) -- Like the Usurper, his job was to make sure that the Godfather i.e. Football Captain got lynched at some point in the game. His other goal was for the mafia to win overall. It is too soon to tell if he succeeded at both of his goals. / Lynched on Day Phase 5

* Cody_Franklin: Guilty / TEACHER'S PET (Luke) -- Appeared innocent upon investigation / Lynched on Day Phase 6

* Logical-Master: Innocent / FLAMING HOMOSEXUAL (Ricky) -- Could submit the name of one player each night. If the mafia targeted him that night, and his submission was correct, he'd live. If his submission was incorrect, the night kill would be successful and he'd die / Killed by the Mafia on Night Phase 6

* BIgMac_2: Innocent / CLASS CLOWN (Bobby) -- His character was similar to a town-oriented Jester. While his goal was to get lynched at some point in the game, he would only win if he was lynched AND simultaneously the town won. Like KRF, it's too soon to tell if he succeeded in both of his goals / Lynched on Day Phase 7

* Rezzelaux: Innocent / STUDENT COUNCIL (Kate) -- Can talk to other members of the Student Councul / Killed by the Mafia on Night Phase 7

* Charlie_Danger: Guilty / SCHOOL SLUT (Jamie) -- Like the Prostitute, can role block one player each night

* ToastOfDestiny2: Innocent / REPORTER (Amy) -- This role is that of a pawn which could be very useful to the town. Each night, one name could be submitted. If he correctly targeted a mafioso, he would die that night along with the mafioso. However, his death would benefit the town because the findings would be published the next day in the school newspaper. So, essentially the Reporter was a character who would sacrifice their life for the good of the town. Because the Reporter was supposed to be HIGHLY under-cover, and as a counter to the fact that this was essentially yet another investigative role (pending they weren't role blocked), the catch was that the Reporter could not give any hints about their role or findings or else they would be mod-killed. Again, this was a pawn-type of self-sacrificial role / Mod-killed on Night Phase 8

* mongoose: Innocent / RICH KID (John) -- Like the Doctor, he could protect someone from being killed each night / Killed by the Mafia on Night Phase 8

* crackofdawn_Jr2: Innocent / STONER (Jason) -- He was too busy getting high every night to be of any use to the town. Figures. / Lynched on Day Phase 9

* MTGandP: Innocent / HALL MONITOR (Amanda) -- Like the Cop, he could investigate one person's guilt or innocence each night / Killed by the Mafia on Night Phase 9

* I-am-a-Panda2: Guilty / THE NEW KID (Ben) -- Took over as submitting the final vote on who the mafia should kill; Was just a typical mafia goon before that / Lynched on Day Phase 10

THE REMAINING PLAYERS...

* Pcmbrown: THE GOTH KID (Sam) -- Also known as the Vengeful Townie, he could take another player down with him if the town had voted to lynch him. However, as it became clear that the mafia would obviously lose, I tried to help them out (sort of... not really) by stating that pcm would lose this ability if he revealed anything about it to the town

* Vi_Veri: THE BAD BOY (Chase) -- Bulletproof. Nuff said. Could not be killed by the mafia at night, but she could be killed any other way (i.e. Vigilante, Suicide Bomber, Vengeful Townie, Lynching, etc).

* mongeese2: THE PROM QUEEN (Jenny) -- Like the Beloved Princess, if the mafia targeted him to kill, a night phase would be skipped. If the town lynched him, a day phase would be skipped.

* SportsGuru: THE POPULAR KID (Steve) -- Essentially like the Jack-of-All-Trades, he had 3 one-shot abilities including Night Kill (Vigilante), Protection (Doctor), Investigation (Cop)

* Clockwork: THE TOKEN BLACK GUY (Jamaal) -- Like the Miller, he was an innocent townie who would appear guilty upon investigation

* JBlake: COMPUTER NERD (Jared) -- Had the ability to break into the school system 2x and retrieve the role of any player. I didn't think this would be a bi deal since I figured he'd get killed early in the game. In fact, that's how/why I gave certain people certain roles (i.e. L-M).
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 5:03:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
GAME SUMMARY:

Day Phase 1: The story introduced several characters and hinted at their character roles, including Amanda the Hall Monitor (Cop), etc. I'd nominate Vi as MVP of the game for her excellent observation of the clues that I had given throughout the stories, which I‘ll explain in this summary. Anyway, Ragnar was lynched on DP1 by his own encouragement. This was essentially good for the town.

Night Phase 1: The mafia killed Nags and role blocked LM; LM guessed that Panda/Vi were mafia; SportsGuru chose not to use one of his 3-shot abilities; JBlake forfeited his ability; Toast forfeited his ability (vigilante); Mongoose protected LM; MTG investigated LM; alex_hanson911 (who was later replaced) did not use his ability; Panda manipulated Clockwork's vote for SportsGuru.

Day Phase 2: The story hinted at Clockwork's innocence (ie. revealed that he was telling the truth about his role); It also revealed that the cop investigated LM (Ricky) and that Bobby, the class clown (BigMac) was in I.S.S. (in school suspension) ie. not playing; The town lynched Mongeese1.

Night Phase 2: The mafia killed Toast and role blocked LM; LM guessed that Panda was mafia (he wasn't at that time); SportsGuru forfeited his ability; JBlake investigated the roles of L-M and Rezz; Toast originally chose to kill U_E, the Godfather, but then chose to kill crackofdawn_Jr instead (who was going to die the next day phase anyway along with mongeese because of their roles); Mongoose protected LM; MTG investigated KRF; Panda stole SportsGuru's vote for Charlie_Danger.

Day Phase 3: The story revealed that the cop had targeted a Mafioso at night. However, that day Mongoose revealed that he had seen that wjmelements was mafia, and subsequently WJM was lynched. However, he did not make use of his role as the suicide bomber. Also, Ragnar returned back to the game a confirmed innocent.

Night Phase 3: The mafia killed Panda and role blocked LM; LM guessed that Panda was mafia; SportsGuru didn't use any of his abilities; Panda stole alex's vote for untitled_entity; Mongoose protected Ragnar; MTG investigated Vi.

Day Phase 4: untitled_entity was lynched thanks to mongoose's revelation. The story again revealed that the cop had also known of another Mafioso. Not able to keep quiet until the next day phase, MTG revealed that he was in fact the cop and called KRF out on being mafia. This was essentially a bad move for the town, as he would be role blocked from this point forward thereby wasting a fial night of investigative ability.

Night Phase 4: As expected, the mafia role blocked MTG and TRIED to kill Vi; however, they failed (not realizing that her role was Bulletproof). LM guessed that KRF was mafia, SportsGuru didn't use any of his abilities, Mongoose protected MTG, and MTG tried to investigate Sports Guru (but couldn't).

Day Phase 5: The story revealed that the reporter (Amy/alexhanson) had been neglecting her duties, but was now back on track. This indicated that the role belonged to someone who had dropped out of the game, but had now been replaced. The story also revealed that the mafia had tried to kill Chase, the Bulletproof bad boy, but had failed. I mentioned John (the Doctor) in the story to make people look for clues about why the kill had failed… had it been because of L-M's correct guess in choosing a Mafioso, because they targeted the Bulletproof player, or because the Doctor had protected the one the mafia targeted at night? I believe the clues in the story revealed the answer, along with clues about how the mafia could kill the Bulletproof player (via both role blocking AND killing the same person at night). Note that various IMs and screen names in the story indicated which character was speaking to whom, etc. The town lynched KRF.

Night Phase 5: This was the first night that Panda was mafia. He tried to kill LM and role block MTG; however, LM guessed that Cody_Franklin was mafia. Because of this correct guess, and the fact that the mafia had targeted him, the mafia kill failed and LM lived. SportsGuru investigated Cody_Franklin that night and he turned up innocent because that was the advantage of his role. Mongoose protected MTG and MTG investigated Charlie_Danger (good guess, but he was role blocked). Toast, taking over alex_hanson's role as the reporter, submitted Vi's name as being potential mafia. This was silly, as she was essentially already confirmed.

Day Phase 6: The story indicated that John (Doctor) had not seen Ricky (L-M's character) in weeks, indicating that it wasn't the doctor who had to do with the night kill being avoided. When the story said that "Amanda doesn't like you, she just doesn't know it yet :P" I was implying that the Cop had actually targeted a Mafioso; however, that could not be revealed because he was role blocked. The town managed to realize that Cody's false innocence was a fraud and voted to lynch him.

Night Phase 6: The mafia both role blocked and killed L-M, thus leading to his death. MTG was allowed to investigate SportsGuru whom he found to be innocent. LM guessed that Panda was mafia; however, it didn't matter because he had been role blocked (hence his death). Toast guessed Ragnar at being mafia (again - silly - as he was the only REAL confirmed townie) and SportsGuru role blocked BigMac (who did not have a night action).

Day Phase 7: The story indicated the character of Chase as being really cocky about helping to pick off the mafia, eg. hinting that Vi was Chase ( :P ). The character of Ben, the new kid, who was originally the role that PoeJoe was playing (Get it? The new kid?) was introduced in the story as Panda replaced PJ. Anyway, the comment in the school newspaper, "Was Ricky targeted because he was onto something…?" was supposed to get the town thinking about how or why LM was killed and who to suspect. The town lynched BigMac thinking that it was SportsGuru's role block of him that allowed MTG to successfully investigate that night (instead of the mafia role blocking someone else - LM).

Night Phase 7: MTG was again role blocked by Charlie_Danger, and the mafia killed Rezz. SportsGuru didn't use any of his abilities, and mongoose again protected MTG. Toast submitted pcmbrown as being potential mafia.

Day Phase 8: No story clues. It was pretty much a matter of time before the 2 remaining mafioso were taken out at this point. As I expected, Charlie_Danger the role blocker was lynched.

Night Phase 8: The mafia killed mongoose (Doctor), MTG investigated ToastOfDestiny (who was going to be mod-killed anyway), and SportsGuru didn't use his final ability.

Day Phase 9: The story indicated that Toast, who had revealed his "top secret" role and findings (which was supposed to be a role used as a pawn for the town, or rather a self-sacrificial role) was mod-killed for doing so. However, this was beneficial as it confirmed pcmbrown's innocence. The story also noted via the school newspaper that Amanda (the Cop) would suffer from John (the Doctor's) death the most… In other words, this was a clue that SportsGuru had to use his last ability, the ability to protect someone, during that night phase and protect the Cop. The town lynched crackofdawn_Jr for not revealing his (useless) role.

Night Phase 9: Contrary to what everyone expected, SportsGuru did not use his last ability and the lone mafioso (Panda) took out the Cop. MTG investigated mongeese who was innocent, but it didn't matter as he turned out dead anyway.

Day Phase 10: With pretty much all of the remaining townies confirmed and there being only 1 mafioso left, it was only a matter of time before Panda's death. Since he role claimed Bella the Obsessed Twilight Fan, I used a quote from Bella in the story... "I tried to be diplomatic, but mostly I just lied a lot." I thought someone might catch on to this (Google? I dunno) and Panda would have to somehow defend himself given that little tidbit.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 5:06:07 PM
I apologize for the lack of organization and abbreviations in the last post, but I was determined to fit it all in one post before running out of characters. I barely made it! If anyone else has any additional questions, just ask :)

Anyway, thanks for letting me mod a game, everyone. I had a lot of fun and I thought of a lot of good ideas for the next game I host (whenever that is). I'd like to wish the next mod, presumably JBlake, the best of luck and all that jazz. Also, thanks to everyone for actually playing... this was the fastest game on DDO ever!!!
President of DDO
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 5:09:36 PM
There was supposed to be an epic dual day phase as the Mafia realizes that killing me at night does not skip a day phase, but rather skips a precious night phase. Sadly, that didn't happen, although it didn't matter. Yay, Town!
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 5:21:05 PM
So LM why did you want me on your side?
Also,

1)
FAIL

- wjmelements
LOL

2) R_R isn't in the list of deceased or living.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 5:27:08 PM
That game was really fun : ) Good job, L. Congratulations, town!
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 5:30:31 PM
At 9/16/2009 5:09:36 PM, mongeese wrote:
There was supposed to be an epic dual day phase as the Mafia realizes that killing me at night does not skip a day phase, but rather skips a precious night phase. Sadly, that didn't happen, although it didn't matter. Yay, Town!

I just saw that. That woulda made my day XD!

I'm glad to see that even though I screwed up really badly (I was gonna investigate KRF on night 6 too. Man I conned myself out of helping us out) we won =).
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

reveal why you answer with a question mark
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
BIgMac_2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 5:38:44 PM
BOO-EFFIN-YAA i KICK AAAA$$$$$$$$$ lmao GG town :D
Body's breaking, drive me crazy
This is not your place
No, this is not your playground it's my heart
We were stupid, we got caught
Nothing matters anymore
So what? Here we are Juggernaut
- Coheed & Cambria

NOTE: WHEN SHOOTING A MIME, DO NOT USE A SILENCER OR HIS FRIENDS WILL HEAR YOU.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 6:10:55 PM
At 9/16/2009 5:38:44 PM, BIgMac_2 wrote:

... Luck.

Anyway, yes, good job town!

And whoops! Sorry Ragnar. He was the DETENTION KING (Adam) whom upon lynching would merely return after 2 night phases of being gone. Obviously.

If I may, I'd say that the mafia's downfall was largely in part to them not killing the right people at night. For instance, when they kept role blocking MTG, they failed in not trying to kill the Doctor (figure out who the Doctor was and kill him); Instead they went for people whose roles they already knew... sorta. I guess that was an OK strategy for trying to get rid of the confirmed innocents; however, towards the end of the game I'd say that they probably should have given it some more consideration taking into account people's roles, etc.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 6:51:54 PM
Indeed. It makes you wonder why people all don't just role reveal at the beginning of the game. I have this theory that if people did that, assuming there were a fair number of mafia (say 6 out of 25, like in my game), the town would almost always win. While the mafia may benefit in using their role blocker and killing the most important players, I still think the town could pull through. Though, where's the fun in that?
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 6:52:51 PM
Ps. I commend JBlake on doing a historical themed mafia game. I reallyyy wanted to do People in History and was so pissed when Panda took it! Looks like JBlake doesn't give a fu<k lol... I like that. And I like history! *Crosses fingers for Napoleon* :P
President of DDO
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 7:07:55 PM
At 9/16/2009 7:02:17 PM, mongeese wrote:
I'm thinking Jesus would be the faith healer. He'd also come back three day phases after being lynched. :)

JBlake should like totally implement something in which atheist historical figures can't be healed by Jesus and can't affect Jesus in any way.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 7:50:39 PM
At 9/16/2009 6:51:54 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Indeed. It makes you wonder why people all don't just role reveal at the beginning of the game. I have this theory that if people did that, assuming there were a fair number of mafia (say 6 out of 25, like in my game), the town would almost always win. While the mafia may benefit in using their role blocker and killing the most important players, I still think the town could pull through. Though, where's the fun in that?

This would be a mafia's dream. Just counter claim. What? Four cops? Who to lynch?
BIgMac_2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 8:08:06 PM
At 9/16/2009 6:10:55 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 9/16/2009 5:38:44 PM, BIgMac_2 wrote:

... Luck.

Anyway, yes, good job town!

And whoops! Sorry Ragnar. He was the DETENTION KING (Adam) whom upon lynching would merely return after 2 night phases of being gone. Obviously.

If I may, I'd say that the mafia's downfall was largely in part to them not killing the right people at night. For instance, when they kept role blocking MTG, they failed in not trying to kill the Doctor (figure out who the Doctor was and kill him); Instead they went for people whose roles they already knew... sorta. I guess that was an OK strategy for trying to get rid of the confirmed innocents; however, towards the end of the game I'd say that they probably should have given it some more consideration taking into account people's roles, etc.

Heck, i got them to forgwas FoS'd as Jester! and even gt lynched :P
Body's breaking, drive me crazy
This is not your place
No, this is not your playground it's my heart
We were stupid, we got caught
Nothing matters anymore
So what? Here we are Juggernaut
- Coheed & Cambria

NOTE: WHEN SHOOTING A MIME, DO NOT USE A SILENCER OR HIS FRIENDS WILL HEAR YOU.
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 9:15:44 PM
At 9/16/2009 7:50:39 PM, KRFournier wrote:

This would be a mafia's dream. Just counter claim. What? Four cops? Who to lynch?

Everyone who roleclaims as a cop =). The moment there's a double-up, everyone goes. The vigilante(s) or killers take out doubles too.
Our demise and industrial destruction
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

reveal why you answer with a question mark
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 8:10:37 AM
At 9/16/2009 7:50:39 PM, KRFournier wrote:

Well since there would only be one real 1, you'd lynch off those who claimed to be cop one by one. No? I haven't given this much thought, but...
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 8:22:46 AM
A good moderator will add loads of unlikely roles to their game to provide cover for false roleclaims.

Especially now that you've spoken KR.

GG, your strategy is dead on arrival, except maybe when some of the scrubs mod.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 8:23:21 AM
Then consider this: each mafia counter-claims one other role... all the ones really important to townies. Two cops, two docs, two trackers, two watchers, etc. 50/50 chance for town to get a mafia. Night 1, mafia kills doctor. Once doc is killed, then mafia use following tactic: If townie's lynch the faker, mafia kill the real one. If townies lynch the real one, mafia get a chance to kill another known role. As long as one or two of your mafia haven't counter-claimed, you'll get to the point that the town has lost all its useful roles and has no way to verify the remaining players.

I'm not saying a full reveal wouldn't work. Sometimes it's appropriate. I'm just saying, it's not a sure thing either way depending on how well the mafia use it to their advantage.

Another strategy would be for the mafia to all claim unclaimed roles. That way, there are now counter-claims and no direct suspicions. While the town is busy trying to figure who's lying, the mafia nail the doctor and cop in the first two nights.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 8:36:32 AM
should read "now that you've spoken Lwerd."
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 9:02:06 AM

That's why I implemented a rule against this in the previous game I modded. Another solution is just to give the mafia roles to claim that aren't in the game. Unfortunately, mass role claiming has killed quite a few of the games I've been in that don't take such precautions and is generally regarded as a game breaker. It's no fun just have everyone reveal and smoke out the mafia.