Jump to topic:

Philosophy Debate

TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2009 7:53:43 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
A while ago I posted an open debate called "Three Philosophical Topics", which basically comprised of 3 philosophical topics of which my opponent can choose one to debate one. After my opponent forfeited his first round (and thus making the debate open again), I couldn't reopen the debate because of some stupid DDO error.

So I was wondering, is anyone interested in a debate on it? More importantly, I'd like to hear a general opinion on what new philosophy topics people would like to debate - for example, God has been practically beaten to death on this website.
Charlie_Danger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2009 8:20:06 PM
At 9/20/2009 7:53:43 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:
A while ago I posted an open debate called "Three Philosophical Topics", which basically comprised of 3 philosophical topics of which my opponent can choose one to debate one. After my opponent forfeited his first round (and thus making the debate open again), I couldn't reopen the debate because of some stupid DDO error.

So I was wondering, is anyone interested in a debate on it? More importantly, I'd like to hear a general opinion on what new philosophy topics people would like to debate - for example, God has been practically beaten to death on this website.

lol @ topic

But if it were more pragmatic and common philosophy debate topics, I would take 'em up.
http://www.Debate.org...
^Latest Debate^

http://www.Debate.org...
word

http://www.debate.org...
lolwut^

http://www.myspace.com...
^Not music, but music^

Music Line of The Day:
"She burns like the sun, and I can't turn away"
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2009 9:07:50 PM
At 9/20/2009 8:32:44 PM, theLwerd wrote:
What were the 3 topics, Skeptic?

I'm all PRO for:

1. Qualia is not an irreducible, non-physical entity.
2. Modern foundationalism is a valid theory of justification.
3. Equity feminism > gender feminism
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2009 9:26:02 PM
I could debate you on this one:

Modern foundationalism is a valid theory of justification.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 12:24:42 AM
At 9/20/2009 9:26:02 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
I could debate you on this one:

Modern foundationalism is a valid theory of justification.

Sure! But I think I have like around 4 debates going around right now, so when I have the time I'll challenge you.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 5:44:01 AM
Yeah, take your time : ) I'm a bit busy with school right now anyway.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 6:40:28 AM
after i am done with my current two debates, i would like to debate something of this sort with you. However i like philosophy debates more like "did the chicken come before the egg?" and that jazz.
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:35:03 AM
I'll debate you on something like that, philosphical.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:35:20 AM
You should challenge me - I'll debate you on something like that, philosphical.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:51:54 AM
I'm assuming you want the easy route of choosing equity feminism over gender feminism, but I have no problem sounding like the crazy dyke man-hating feminist and arguing for the abolition of gender roles all together lol. That said, I'll take on that side if and only if I can define gender feminism; I don't want other things I don't agree with being incorporated (like affirmative action in women's favor). What say ye, Skeptic?
President of DDO
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 2:14:14 PM
At 9/21/2009 8:51:54 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I'm assuming you want the easy route of choosing equity feminism over gender feminism, but I have no problem sounding like the crazy dyke man-hating feminist and arguing for the abolition of gender roles all together lol. That said, I'll take on that side if and only if I can define gender feminism; I don't want other things I don't agree with being incorporated (like affirmative action in women's favor). What say ye, Skeptic?

For the most part, I'm inclined to say sure - but may I see your definition? Because if you define gender feminism as just a movement to bring an awareness to gender roles, and hope this changes people minds, then sure for the most part I agree with that (or in other words, see no harm in such). However, most gender feminists will take a little more active role than that, so I'm not sure where you're going.

But besides that point, sure! Though remember that I gotta finish some debates and that Vi beat you in getting a debate first :P (though I guess I could do 2 at a time).
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 4:58:06 PM
Alright sounds good vi. I will try to do it as soon as possible, but as of right now i am a bit busy with other things. Do you have a specific topic in mind?
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!