15. Rezzealaux
16. I-am-a-Panda
17. Ragnar_Rahl
18. ToastOfDestiny
19. AFT

Ten votes required for a majority.

==========

Deceased
theLwerd: Jesus Christ (Cult Leader) -- no formal abilities. Cult recruitment doubles upon death. Lynched on Day Phase 1.

pcmbrown: Louis Antoine Léon de Saint-Just (mafia regular). Killed by the vigilante on Night Phase 1.

mongoose: Eugène François Vidocq (Novice Cop) -- Could investigate two players throughout the entirety of the game. Killed by the mafia on Night Phase 1.

==========

Story

His passion and faith had grown immensely in recent days. The followers of Jesus Christ were growing much more rapidly than ever before. The new message seemed to be working. Scholars would debate his divinity for years to come, but that didn't matter to Saint Peter.

This small band of vagabonds will soon grow into a Great Empire!... he thought to himself.

The great work of Saint Peter was only just beginning. His power was still too slight. It was not yet time to rest…

"…Jesus Christ died for your sins! Repent! Repent!..."

---------------------

They didn't know why their boss wanted him dead. After all, he was no threat to the organization now. But their job was not to question the order, it was to carry it out.

The two assailants looked at each other and nodded. The time had come.

They burst through the kitchen door, guns drawn. The wife's scream was cut short by a bullet to the forehead. Her husband remained calm at the dinner table. He looked at the two men and said, "I have seen the light. You are forgiven."

Each of the assailants fired a shot. One tore through his esophagus, which would have been a mortal blow had the other bullet not pierced through his brain.

Eugène François Vidocq was dead.

-------------

Another man faced a similar fate on the wealthy side of town. Saint-Just had just gotten home from a long day of work. He tossed his coat and hat on the rack and plopped down on the couch. He had a few minutes to relax before his wife returned.

He heard footsteps across the house. The kitchen, probably.

Good, he thought, I'm starving.

He walked through the dinning room into the kitchen to peak at what the cook had prepared. As he turned around the corner his jaw dropped. The cook was tied up and gagged. His adrenaline instantly kicked into gear. He wheeled around quickly, but all he could see was...

… blackness.

VOTE COUNT
mongeese: (mongeese) -- 1/10 votes required to lynch
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 4:07:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/21/2009 4:05:39 PM, mongeese wrote:
That must be a very skilled and convincing politician to get me to vote to kill myself...

That has been common practice so far...
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 4:11:25 PM
At 9/21/2009 4:07:40 PM, Nags wrote:
Lynch mongeese

I lynch vote with no explanation cannot be allowed to slide unanswered. Until Nags offers a convincing reason why we should bandwagon on mongeese, I vote to lynch Nags.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 4:12:40 PM
At 9/21/2009 4:09:34 PM, mongeese wrote:
Lynch mongeese

Explain? Or has the politician convinced you, too?

You said: "That must be a very skilled and convincing politician to get me to vote to kill myself..."

What the f*ck does that mean? Very suspicious statement...
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 4:20:40 PM
At 9/21/2009 4:12:40 PM, Nags wrote:
Lynch mongeese

You said: "That must be a very skilled and convincing politician to get me to vote to kill myself..."

Okay, do you think that just any politician could convince you that you deserve to die? Obviously, the politician would have to be very convincing. The statement was supposed to be a joke in reference to the ironic situation that I am in, with my vote being against me.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 4:22:30 PM
At 9/21/2009 4:20:40 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 9/21/2009 4:12:40 PM, Nags wrote:
Lynch mongeese

Okay, do you think that just any politician could convince you that you deserve to die? Obviously, the politician would have to be very convincing. The statement was supposed to be a joke in reference to the ironic situation that I am in, with my vote being against me.

How many times has it been stated that no jokes are allowed in Mafia...? Especially without smiley faces...
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 4:29:25 PM
Oh come on...

yes that is ridiculous. There is no sufficient evidence worthy of lynching at this point in the game
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 5:11:33 PM
At 9/21/2009 4:29:25 PM, philosphical wrote:
Oh come on...

yes that is ridiculous. There is no sufficient evidence worthy of lynching at this point in the game

There's hardly ever 'sufficient evidence', but we have to go on what we have, otherwise we just guarantee the mafia a free kill; granted, we might lynch a townie, but like I said, action is really better than nothing right now.

Seeing as we do have so little to go on right now, the best evidence we have to go on is to look at rash action in the past. In this case, that would mean that we need to...

Lynch Nags.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 5:44:17 PM
your logic doesn't make any sense. What he says implies nothing at all that he is mafia. Killing another "could be" townie with out any REAL evidence justs helps subject the mafia to a win.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 5:48:28 PM
Nags has only been a bandwagon and random vote.
Yesterday: Voted for L-M... with the logic of "an aura of suspicion".
Yesterday2: Voted for Lwerd... entirely bandwagon; no evidence.
Today: Voted for mongeese... with the logic of "mafia don't make jokes", which is contradictory, in that it would make mongeese innocent, not guilty.

Nags.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 6:32:07 PM
well yes that is a bit suspicious. I haven't been updated yet from the 210 posts from the first day phase, so i don't know all that's going on. Could someone please update me?
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 6:40:57 PM
At 9/21/2009 6:32:07 PM, philosphical wrote:
well yes that is a bit suspicious. I haven't been updated yet from the 210 posts from the first day phase, so i don't know all that's going on. Could someone please update me?

Try not to be the 'inquisitive' player; that tends to get people killed around these parts, because it's pretty easy for a mafia to ask for updates, thereby feigning ignorance and making himself look innocent; go read through Day Phase 1, as it won't require too much of your time. Oh, and be careful - you could be next if you misstep.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 6:50:58 PM
At 9/21/2009 4:22:30 PM, Nags wrote:

How many times has it been stated that no jokes are allowed in Mafia...? Especially without smiley faces...

Why so serious? Its almost like you are just looking for an excuse to vote for him. Until you provide a valid reason to vote mongeese...

I vote to lynch Nags
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 6:54:12 PM
VOTE COUNT
mongeese: (mongeese, Nags) -- 2/10 votes required to lynch
Nags: (KRFournier, Cody_Franklin, wjmelements, SportsGuru) -- 4/10 votes required to lynch
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 7:15:02 PM
I really do think we need to watch out for the cult more than we need to watch out for the mafia. Not only has the mafia lost a player, but the cult, on which we have no leads, has its conversion power doubled.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 7:18:10 PM
Avenge me, you crazed townies!!!
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:03:52 PM
Again, could Nags be the Jester? I mean, three stupid bandwagons in a row is suspicious, even for a mafioso...

But until we get a response from him, lynch nags. Good job vigilante - keep em coming!

I doubt the mafia have recruitment powers, so it would seem that the Cult is going to be our main source of woe. If they have a vigilante, he can't kill on odd numbered nights (if he could, there'd be no reason not to last night). Forecast: cult-kill tonight. If their recruitment has doubled, that probably means they can recruit every night now. I doubt they can recruit two people a day (ridiculously unfair) or one person every two days (unfair to them, as their original would have been 1 every four days). That means, if we lose 3 players at a time (now at 18) and we started with, say, 3 cultists (to 2 with L's death) they will grow pretty fast in relation to the town. Tomorrow, we have 15 people and 4 cultists, then 11 and 5, 8 and 6, then a loss. We need to knock down the mafia quickly.

Including today, we have 4 more days.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:34:05 PM
At 9/21/2009 8:03:52 PM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
Again, could Nags be the Jester? I mean, three stupid bandwagons in a row is suspicious, even for a mafioso...

But until we get a response from him, lynch nags. Good job vigilante - keep em coming!

I doubt the mafia have recruitment powers, so it would seem that the Cult is going to be our main source of woe. If they have a vigilante, he can't kill on odd numbered nights (if he could, there'd be no reason not to last night). Forecast: cult-kill tonight. If their recruitment has doubled, that probably means they can recruit every night now. I doubt they can recruit two people a day (ridiculously unfair) or one person every two days (unfair to them, as their original would have been 1 every four days). That means, if we lose 3 players at a time (now at 18) and we started with, say, 3 cultists (to 2 with L's death) they will grow pretty fast in relation to the town. Tomorrow, we have 15 people and 4 cultists, then 11 and 5, 8 and 6, then a loss. We need to knock down the cult quickly.

Including today, we have 4 more days.

Fixed.
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:38:04 PM
Honestly, what threat is the cult.? The only townies that lose are the ones that aren't recruited in the end. If the cult recruits everyone... woot, everyone wins. (P.S. This is why I so dislike 3rd party roles. The townies have it tough enough).
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:47:35 PM
Try not to be the 'inquisitive' player; that tends to get people killed around these parts, because it's pretty easy for a mafia to ask for updates, thereby feigning ignorance and making himself look innocent; go read through Day Phase 1, as it won't require too much of your time. Oh, and be careful - you could be next if you misstep.

you must be as high as the Lwerd. i'm not reading through 210 posts. sorry.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:50:54 PM
At 9/21/2009 8:47:35 PM, philosphical wrote:

you must be as high as the Lwerd. i'm not reading through 210 posts. sorry.

Yeah, sorry, but if you read the debate in my signature, it's quite clear that I am against drugs. :)

Furthermore, I didn't demand that you meticulously inspect all 210 posts; at the very least, you could skim through a few pages to get the general feel of the first day phase; in the time it's taken you to read my last paragraph, not to mention type your less-than-witty response, I'm sure you could have skimmed through at least two or three pages.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:58:46 PM
yes i have and its all been useless jargon. I am not going to exchange insults with you, as you seem to wish to do because that is immature. Either way it doesn't really matter what happened i guess.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:06:02 PM
At 9/21/2009 8:58:46 PM, philosphical wrote:
yes i have and its all been useless jargon.

I'm assuming that you mean my debate; and, as far as I'm aware, there isn't all that much jargon; but, if you would like to provide an example, I would be more than willing to humor you.

I am not going to exchange insults with you, as you seem to wish to do because that is immature.

I wasn't aware that we were trading insults; if that's the way you'd like to see my suggestion, then feel free, but if you cannot take a bit of light banter, please inform me. :) It's just my natural facetiousness.

Either way it doesn't really matter what happened i guess.

Then why did you ask to be informed of the previous Day Phase's happenings?
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:15:23 PM
no i was not referring to your debate. I was referring to most of the comments from day phase one. obviously you are looking to exchange insults with me, providing that you are still doing it. and ah what the he11, since you seem so insistent on it, and i have nothing better to do, then we can keep it going. And yes i did previously ask about what happened on the previous day phase. but obviously i don't care anymore as i have already said