Jump to topic:

i'M ST0NED.

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:31:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I am a huge marijuana activist and enthusiast, so I do not mind posting this publicly on the internet :) I don't know if my roommate - we'll call her Mi - is, but check this out: Today we bought our first bong together as a couple. It's beautiful and glass and fabulous. Anyway, we got high, and decided to come on DDO (this is not unusual for me). Apparently Godsands and I are having a Jesus discussion -- for which I am really trying to remain open-minded and respectful -- and all was going well, I guess, until I came across this:

You cannot have unseen things in a world that is seen. You have things that are seen in a world that is seen and the thing that are not seen in a world that is also not seen.

The life of a Christian is to life a Christ Jesus lived, it is hard and difficult, challenging and unplensant. You are living in the hard world and you are accepting it also, like evolution, you live in a harsh world but you do not want to accept it, so people will think up of religions to free them selves psychologyically. Religions do not work. What will work though is to accept Christ Jesus because you live as if macro evolution was real, yet you want to live the hard life for God because of the love of God, you want to love God back because of God, because God is love. And God loves you, not of who you are, but of who He is."

... ... ... ... ... Ok so we've been cracking up hysterical laughing (don't take offense, Godsands) and we can't tell if it's because it really IS that funny of a - mayhaps non-sensical - statement, OR if it's just because we're blitzed out of our minds and just laughing at everything. I dunno. I can't tell. I mean seriously, people, re-read that and tell me if you can process it. Is it really obvious? Am I just cracked out right now? Help.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:33:45 PM
"Religions do not work. What will work though is to accept Christ Jesus because you live as if macro evolution was real, yet you want to live the hard life for God because of the love of God, you want to love God back because of God, because God is love. And God loves you, not of who you are, but of who He is."
President of DDO
BrandonClark
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:34:23 PM
At 9/21/2009 8:31:07 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I am a huge marijuana activist and enthusiast, so I do not mind posting this publicly on the internet :) I don't know if my roommate - we'll call her Mi - is, but check this out: Today we bought our first bong together as a couple. It's beautiful and glass and fabulous. Anyway, we got high, and decided to come on DDO (this is not unusual for me). Apparently Godsands and I are having a Jesus discussion -- for which I am really trying to remain open-minded and respectful -- and all was going well, I guess, until I came across this:

You cannot have unseen things in a world that is seen. You have things that are seen in a world that is seen and the thing that are not seen in a world that is also not seen.

The life of a Christian is to life a Christ Jesus lived, it is hard and difficult, challenging and unplensant. You are living in the hard world and you are accepting it also, like evolution, you live in a harsh world but you do not want to accept it, so people will think up of religions to free them selves psychologyically. Religions do not work. What will work though is to accept Christ Jesus because you live as if macro evolution was real, yet you want to live the hard life for God because of the love of God, you want to love God back because of God, because God is love. And God loves you, not of who you are, but of who He is."

... ... ... ... ... Ok so we've been cracking up hysterical laughing (don't take offense, Godsands) and we can't tell if it's because it really IS that funny of a - mayhaps non-sensical - statement, OR if it's just because we're blitzed out of our minds and just laughing at everything. I dunno. I can't tell. I mean seriously, people, re-read that and tell me if you can process it. Is it really obvious? Am I just cracked out right now? Help.

I kind of giggled.
BLACKHAWKS 6-5 lN OVERTIME!!!
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:35:21 PM

Sadly, out of all of this, the only thing that caught my eye was that I am not the only person who says 'mayhaps' on a regular basis. And, as a believer myself, I can attest to the fact that none of what GodSands says makes any sense at all.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:38:08 PM
I don't think you are alone in finding Godsands poor attempts at being/sounding deep. That said, the pot may be amplifying the humor of it :)

Just remember that that in the world that is seen and not seen. You have seen what is seen in the world. Keep looking for what is not seen and make it seen!
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:42:59 PM
wtf?! how do you get high and still maintain perfect vocabulary and usage of big words...? you must be on some new sh!t
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:45:39 PM
At 9/21/2009 8:42:59 PM, philosphical wrote:
wtf?! how do you get high and still maintain perfect vocabulary and usage of big words...? you must be on some new sh!t

Or, perhaps it's because she's not an idiot, knows proper grammar, and has developed an eloquent vocabulary. But, I suppose that we can't all have such skills, even while sober ;)
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:54:59 PM
Or, perhaps it's because she's not an idiot, knows proper grammar, and has developed an eloquent vocabulary. But, I suppose that we can't all have such skills, even while sober ;)

You can't impose such things on someone who's never experienced them. But either way, it is unlikely, if not false that this is achievable.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 8:57:37 PM
LOL, man (directed at philosphical.) How can you have horrible grammar and text usage in one post and then have it great in another? Keep it up. It's awesome.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:01:50 PM
At 9/21/2009 8:54:59 PM, philosphical wrote:

You can't impose such things on someone who's never experienced them. But either way, it is unlikely, if not false that this is achievable.

If one has not experienced them, then it is by choice that he has not done so; plus, I think that it should necessarily be imposed on someone, so that they will have experienced it. If we're going to have a language, people may as well use it correctly.

Also, I don't know what you mean by your last statement, "But either way, it is unlikely, if not false that this is achievable." I'm assuming that you mean maintaining good grammar and vocabulary while under the influence of a mind-altering drug; however, while it may be mind-altering, and it may cloud one's decision-making abilities, that doesn't require that the drug ought to turn consumers into ignorant slobs; using L as an example, it's quite clear that one can still maintain not only good grammar, but a great vocabulary, while under the influence of a mind-altering substance. In the same way that she can still speak English, it's quite conceivable that she would retain her knowledge of written English just as well as she would of the spoken. :D
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:02:43 PM
At 9/21/2009 8:57:37 PM, LeafRod wrote:
LOL, man (directed at philosphical.) How can you have horrible grammar and text usage in one post and then have it great in another? Keep it up. It's awesome.

its almost as easy as your attempt to be funny. One post, i could be serious, and the next i can go tell you to fvck yourself. I appreciate my rights to freedom of speech :)
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:02:48 PM

Yeah, I didn't really want to point out the inconsistency; it's almost as if he's trying to beef his grammar/vocabulary up for the sole purpose of making himself look better! But of course, that couldn't possibly be his motivation, could it? :)
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:03:23 PM
At 9/21/2009 9:02:43 PM, philosphical wrote:

its almost as easy as your attempt to be funny. One post, i could be serious, and the next i can go tell you to fvck yourself. I appreciate my rights to freedom of speech :)

Pshh. You guys and your 'rights'.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:05:39 PM
Yeah, I didn't really want to point out the inconsistency; it's almost as if he's trying to beef his grammar/vocabulary up for the sole purpose of making himself look better! But of course, that couldn't possibly be his motivation, could it? :)

oh you nailed it :) i'm all about trying to make myself look better.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:07:32 PM
At 9/21/2009 9:05:39 PM, philosphical wrote:

oh you nailed it :) i'm all about trying to make myself look better.

Of course. It's not as if I caught you, and now you're trying to revert to less-than-ideal grammar in order to make yourself appear playful and innocent. :D

This is quite a fun discussion, is it not?
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:08:02 PM
Also, I don't know what you mean by your last statement, "But either way, it is unlikely, if not false that this is achievable." I'm assuming that you mean maintaining good grammar and vocabulary while under the influence of a mind-altering drug; however, while it may be mind-altering, and it may cloud one's decision-making abilities, that doesn't require that the drug ought to turn consumers into ignorant slobs; using L as an example, it's quite clear that one can still maintain not only good grammar, but a great vocabulary, while under the influence of a mind-altering substance. In the same way that she can still speak English, it's quite conceivable that she would retain her knowledge of written English just as well as she would of the spoken. :D

you're probably right, i don't know. i really dont care whether or not she has good grammar or not when she's "mind altered". I'm just saying from seeing people mind altered personally,its not likely for someone to use that kind of grammar.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:11:22 PM
Of course. It's not as if I caught you, and now you're trying to revert to less-than-ideal grammar in order to make yourself appear playful and innocent. :D

hahaha yeah that makes total sense. I'm trying to make myself look good after telling both leaf-rod and maikuru to go fvck themselves. You've got a good case going on here bud :)
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:12:53 PM
At 9/21/2009 9:08:02 PM, philosphical wrote:

you're probably right, i don't know. i really dont care whether or not she has good grammar or not when she's "mind altered". I'm just saying from seeing people mind altered personally,its not likely for someone to use that kind of grammar.

Well, I can agree to that, mainly because the majority of users tend to be ignorant party-goers who I would sooner see shot than have reproduce, at least in the majority of cases which I have seen; however, L happens to be at the far more intelligent and respectable end of the scale; and, as she has a good sense of grammar/vocabulary normally, it's likely that she wouldn't lose that, even when in an altered state of mind.

Anyway, that's the end of that conversation, seeing as we've managed to derail the topic in one of the most trivial ways possible.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:14:18 PM
At 9/21/2009 9:11:22 PM, philosphical wrote:

hahaha yeah that makes total sense. I'm trying to make myself look good after telling both leaf-rod and maikuru to go fvck themselves. You've got a good case going on here bud :)

Well, a lot of people tend to drop the F-Bomb as a means to look very cool and edgy; perhaps you are merely subscribing to that decades-old technique, though you would, quite sadly, be behind the times. :P
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:18:59 PM
says the smart all knowing cody_franklin! I already know i am public enemy here, i have no need to try to make myself look good.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:22:18 PM
At 9/21/2009 9:18:59 PM, philosphical wrote:
says the smart all knowing cody_franklin! I already know i am public enemy here, i have no need to try to make myself look good.

Smart, perhaps; all-knowing, not quite; I don't presume to know everything, nor would I wish to. You may not have a need to look good here, but you may still want to; it is the internet, after all. :)
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:26:34 PM
good point.

Dear internet world, thanks to DDO member Cody_franklin, my eyes have been opened up to a world of possibilities! I know know that my ultimate goal in life should be to appease and be liked by people from around the world that i don't even know, and will most likely never meet! that is truly the sole source to happiness. Thankyou for such an enlightenment!
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:29:37 PM
At 9/21/2009 9:26:34 PM, philosphical wrote:
good point.

Dear internet world, thanks to DDO member Cody_franklin, my eyes have been opened up to a world of possibilities! I know know that my ultimate goal in life should be to appease and be liked by people from around the world that i don't even know, and will most likely never meet! that is truly the sole source to happiness. Thankyou for such an enlightenment!

Well, as much fun as this has been, refer to my earlier statement; we've derailed the topic quite enough, I believe.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:31:14 PM
no worries. this topic will most likely die out like most others of this sort do anyways.
Charlie_Danger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:31:43 PM
At 9/21/2009 9:02:43 PM, philosphical wrote:

I like this guy. :)
http://www.Debate.org...
^Latest Debate^

word

http://www.debate.org...
lolwut^

http://www.myspace.com...
^Not music, but music^

Music Line of The Day:
"She burns like the sun, and I can't turn away"
Charlie_Danger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:32:48 PM

Troll/Idiot Posts are always better while high, L. In fact, I think just about everything is better while high. (Except sex, but that's for reasons I won't explain at this time.)
^Latest Debate^

word

http://www.debate.org...
lolwut^

http://www.myspace.com...
^Not music, but music^

Music Line of The Day:
"She burns like the sun, and I can't turn away"
patsox834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:35:55 PM
At 9/21/2009 8:42:59 PM, philosphical wrote:

Uh, it's really not very hard, so I don't know what the big deal is. These people whose grammar and spelling f-ck up when they're not exactly on the sober side are usually complete retards who just want people to go "ooh, wow -- you're high (and/or drunk, whatever the case may be)" so they can then reveal it and pretend to be all badass.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2009 9:37:11 PM
I'll clarify: I am a functioning pot head. I can do just about anything stoned (seriously) though I tend not to, just because I don't feel like it. If I have something important to do, I won't get high. Right now it's night time, I have no homework, I have nothing to do, I don't have to wake up early, etc. I got stoned. W00t. I love writing debates high, and I'm high at least half the time I'm on this site... and I always have pretty good grammar :) The idea that all pot heads are lazy, retarded, etc. certainly does not apply to me.
President of DDO