Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

New Algebra problem help

hellomynameisbob
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 10:49:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
There is a road that is parellel to some train tracks. There is a person walking and a person riding a bike on the road going towards the same direction. The person that is walking is going at 3.6 kilometers per hour. The person on the bike is going at 10.8 kilometers per hour. There is a train that comes towards the same direction the people are going. It takes 22 seconds for the entire train(front to back) to pass the walking person. It takes 26 seconds for the biking person. How long is the train? Please show work. Thank you.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 10:50:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/29/2012 9:23:35 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
This isn't the algebra help website. If it was, we would call in www.algebrahelp.org or AHDO for short.

Theres also this website called "learn-to-f*cking-do-it-yourself" which is something I am very fond of.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 11:15:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/29/2012 10:50:17 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/29/2012 9:23:35 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
This isn't the algebra help website. If it was, we would call in www.algebrahelp.org or AHDO for short.

Theres also this website called "learn-to-f*cking-do-it-yourself" which is something I am very fond of.

Been there, overated
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 3:39:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lol, stop being rude just because you don't know the answer.

Which, I'll add doesn't seem solvable without the speed of the train. Can anyone correct me?
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 3:50:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/30/2012 3:39:40 PM, Ren wrote:
Lol, stop being rude just because you don't know the answer.

+10

Which, I'll add doesn't seem solvable without the speed of the train. Can anyone correct me?
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 7:42:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I know how to solve it. But I'm only going to give the answers to contra and Ren in a PM because I don't want to help this guy out but want to show them that I can do it and it is solvable.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 7:43:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/30/2012 7:42:04 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I know how to solve it. But I'm only going to give the answers to contra and Ren in a PM because I don't want to help this guy out but want to show them that I can do it and it is solvable.

-___________- How does that help anyone.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 8:11:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/30/2012 7:54:57 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
How fat is the person?

See this guy knows how to ask the relevant question.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 8:12:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/30/2012 7:43:53 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 9/30/2012 7:42:04 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I know how to solve it. But I'm only going to give the answers to contra and Ren in a PM because I don't want to help this guy out but want to show them that I can do it and it is solvable.

-___________- How does that help anyone.

it helps me :).
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 9:12:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/30/2012 8:11:36 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/30/2012 7:54:57 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
How fat is the person?

See this guy knows how to ask the relevant question.

Hilarious comment DK
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 9:30:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/30/2012 9:12:30 PM, Contra wrote:
At 9/30/2012 8:11:36 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/30/2012 7:54:57 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
How fat is the person?

See this guy knows how to ask the relevant question.

Hilarious comment DK

btw, you got my PM that shows the solution to the problem and proof?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 4:44:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/30/2012 9:30:19 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/30/2012 9:12:30 PM, Contra wrote:
At 9/30/2012 8:11:36 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/30/2012 7:54:57 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
How fat is the person?

See this guy knows how to ask the relevant question.

Hilarious comment DK

btw, you got my PM that shows the solution to the problem and proof?

Indeed. You used elimination. Lol, whoops, let it out. :P

At the very least, the OP should be able to take it from there. ^_^