Jump to topic:

Help for making tea?

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 8:33:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
My tea was wayyyy too weak. Where did I go wrong? I'm using Teatlys British Blend or something, and I have no kettle. I boiled some water then poured it in the cup. I let the tea steep for ~3 1/3 minutes. I then added a bit o milk (till it was a light brown). Did I put too much milk or did I take the tea bag out too soon?
#StandWithBossy
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 9:53:44 AM
I also get a very slight headache when I drink it. Is that cause of the healthy antioxidants and stuff? It's not cause of the caffeine because I drink Coffee occasionally and don't have this. (I've never drank Tea before)
#StandWithBossy
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 10:42:13 AM
Blah, Tetley sucks. They are usually weak too. Probably a black tea.

Try Celestial Tea. They have tons of flavors, and are pretty strong. Bengal Spice is my favorite. Let it sit for a full 4 minutes in 2/3s of your mug filled with water, then pour 1/3 milk in and leave the bag in for one more minute (to flavor the tea.) Add KFC where necessary.
kfc
rakingthelawn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 11:19:12 AM
At 10/3/2012 8:33:42 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
My tea was wayyyy too weak. Where did I go wrong? I'm using Teatlys British Blend or something, and I have no kettle. I boiled some water then poured it in the cup. I let the tea steep for ~3 1/3 minutes. I then added a bit o milk (till it was a light brown). Did I put too much milk or did I take the tea bag out too soon?

It's probably the type of leaf your using. It might not mix with the water well and as a result, you wont get much taste. Try going to a farmers market or a Chinese market if you live near one.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 11:25:55 AM
Yeah, I probably should experiment with different brands.
I used less water and left the bag in longer and it got WEAKER. I don't even...
#StandWithBossy
jedipengiun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 1:42:24 PM

http://www.booksatoz.com...
Things that make me happy!

: At 6/22/2012 1:46:11 PM, Kinesis wrote:
: Also, as an Englishman I'm obligated to be prejudiced against gingers and the French.

: At 8/27/2012 10:00:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
: Every self-respecting philosopher needs to smoke a pipe.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 2:00:25 PM
At 10/3/2012 1:42:24 PM, jedipengiun wrote:

http://www.booksatoz.com...

I only don't have a teapot and kettle because I wasn't sure if I would like it.
#StandWithBossy
EvanK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 7:39:22 PM

If you want a stronger tea, try Twinings Irish Breakfast tea. I like Teatly's but I agree, it's kinda weak for my taste. Did you add sugar? Sugar helps bring out the flavor better as well. 3 1/2 to 5 minutes is easily enough, and that's not a lot of milk. I think it's just a weak tea...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 11:46:18 PM

I'm a huge tea drinker. Latest obsession of mine... I mean hobby. Yes. Hobby.

Anyway, brew the tea in the microwave for 5 minutes. Place the tea bags in the cold water and let 'em cook. That should solve your problem. Merely "steeping" tea never does the trick -especially if you want something that actually has some flavor. Boiling the tea bags for extended periods of time is also effective, but the microwave is more so.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 11:47:28 PM
At 10/4/2012 7:39:22 PM, EvanK wrote:

If you want a stronger tea, try Twinings Irish Breakfast tea.

That sh!t is amazing. just wanted to make a note.

Also, Republic of Tea is good too. So is Tazo Chai.
EvanK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 7:27:01 PM
At 10/4/2012 11:47:28 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/4/2012 7:39:22 PM, EvanK wrote:

If you want a stronger tea, try Twinings Irish Breakfast tea.

That sh!t is amazing. just wanted to make a note.

Also, Republic of Tea is good too. So is Tazo Chai.

I agree, that and Twinings Earl Grey are my personal fav...Never heard of those other two, I'll have to look out for them...