YOLO makes no sense.

jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 7:24:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
YOLO = you only life once.

Therefore, when reflecting on the fact that you only live once, one would think you should proceed to exercise extreme caution in terms of safeguarding your life, and behaving rationally to maximize your long term happiness/success.

But no, YOLO is used to justify the exact opposite of what it should logically entail: reckless, dangerous, instinctive, irrational behavior. I seriously don't get it! The kind of behavior that YOLO is used to justify would be more appropriately justified by something like "don't worry, you live a sh!t ton of times, do whatever insane sh!t you feel like doing."
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 7:26:36 PM
At 10/3/2012 7:24:03 PM, jat93 wrote:
YOLO = you only live once.

Therefore, when reflecting on the fact that you only live once, one would think you should proceed to exercise extreme caution in terms of safeguarding your life, and behaving rationally to maximize your long term happiness/success.

But no, YOLO is used to justify the exact opposite of what it should logically entail: reckless, dangerous, instinctive, irrational behavior. I seriously don't get it! The kind of behavior that YOLO is used to justify would be more appropriately justified by something like "don't worry, you live a sh!t ton of times, do whatever insane sh!t you feel like doing."

fixed.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 7:48:03 PM
It's reflective of the notion that the goal of life is to maximize happiness and pleasure, and thereby individuals should seek to perform activities that maximize happiness and pleasure. Incidentally, for most people, these actives include getting drunk, getting laid, and performing stupid and dangerous stunts.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 7:57:52 PM
"YOLO" is like "Carpe Diem" to stupid people.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 11:13:19 PM
At 10/3/2012 7:57:52 PM, imabench wrote:
"YOLO" is like "Carpe Diem" to stupid people.

Thats the Motto N!gga
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc