Jump to topic:

Homecoming

BrandonClark
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 7:35:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
How the balls do I ask someone? I can't "just ask", that doesn't fly at The Blake School of Excellence. One of my friends baked cupcakes that said homecoming on them, another wrote on the sidewalk in previous years, other people do other crazy things such as make a pinata, or decorate their car. I'm having askers block and I need help.
BLACKHAWKS 6-5 lN OVERTIME!!!
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 7:46:55 PM
Is everyone outside of my school socially retarted? You're asking them to a friggen dance, not to get married. Is a simple question too hard? Ask her. Is homecoming semi-formal or formal? If neither, you fail.
BrandonClark
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 7:50:55 PM
At 9/27/2009 7:46:55 PM, Nags wrote:
Is everyone outside of my school socially retarted? You're asking them to a friggen dance, not to get married. Is a simple question too hard? Ask her. Is homecoming semi-formal or formal? If neither, you fail.

Formal, but most people treat it as if you're getting married, except for the deciding who to ask part.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 8:03:20 PM
At 9/27/2009 7:35:46 PM, BrandonClark wrote:
How the balls do I ask someone? I can't "just ask", that doesn't fly at The Blake School of Excellence. One of my friends baked cupcakes that said homecoming on them, another wrote on the sidewalk in previous years, other people do other crazy things such as make a pinata, or decorate their car. I'm having askers block and I need help.

A scavenger hunt perhaps? (That might not be the best term for it, but basically the date-to-be follows a series of clues to your eventual question)
BrandonClark
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 8:17:21 PM
At 9/27/2009 8:03:20 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

A scavenger hunt perhaps? (That might not be the best term for it, but basically the date-to-be follows a series of clues to your eventual question)

I tried to do that last year but a teacher ruined it for me. She said yes though so it really didn't matter.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 8:18:26 PM
At 9/27/2009 8:03:20 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

http://www.fmylife.com...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 9:04:14 PM
Is everyone outside of my school socially retarted? You're asking them to a friggen dance, not to get married.

There's an idea.

OP, get an empty wedding ring box and a slip of paper. Write "Just kidding, there's no ring, but will you come with me to homecoming?" on the paper. Fold it up, stick it in the ring slot, and get down on one knee. When her face turns from "Wtf" to a laugh, laugh with.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 9:07:12 PM
At 9/27/2009 9:04:14 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Is everyone outside of my school socially retarted? You're asking them to a friggen dance, not to get married.

There's an idea.

OP, get an empty wedding ring box and a slip of paper. Write "Just kidding, there's no ring, but will you come with me to homecoming?" on the paper. Fold it up, stick it in the ring slot, and get down on one knee. When her face turns from "Wtf" to a laugh, laugh with.

Genius. Haha.
BIgMac_2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 9:35:09 AM
At 9/27/2009 9:07:12 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 9/27/2009 9:04:14 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

There's an idea.

Genius. Haha.

no. PURE genius. lolol
Body's breaking, drive me crazy
This is not your place
No, this is not your playground it's my heart
We were stupid, we got caught
Nothing matters anymore
So what? Here we are Juggernaut
- Coheed & Cambria

NOTE: WHEN SHOOTING A MIME, DO NOT USE A SILENCER OR HIS FRIENDS WILL HEAR YOU.
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 9:41:10 AM
I ended up doing it pretty straight up - getting her curious about who I was asking to HC, asking her if she could keep a secret, leaning in, and then asking her to HC. It had some pretty good shock value.

If you feel that the direct approach is not your thing, and the above stuff is a bit too 'much', you could always inflate a balloon, write it on the balloon, deflate it, and give it to her. She'll blow it up (at home, in school, whatever) and see. If you have classes together, you could write it really nicely on a slip of paper, put it in your textbook, and ask her for 'help' on a problem. Your could slip it inside a fortune cookie.

Think about the stuff you have in common/activities you both do and build off of there. I was going to invite her to tennis and write it on a tennis ball, because we both enjoy tennis. If she still did debate, I'd ask her to proofread my case, with the resolution being 'resolved: will you go to homecoming with me?'.

Do what tastes right.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2009 1:16:35 PM

Then just ask... if it does not fly, be unexpected.

that, sir, will fly.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2009 2:40:43 PM
At 9/29/2009 2:14:15 PM, Nags wrote:
At 9/29/2009 2:03:08 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Every homecoming I went to was f***ing lame.

Did you go with a guy or girl?

I went to all my homecomings with my boyfriends (I was pretending to be straight back then ; ) lol), but I went to the Prom with a girl.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2009 2:51:26 PM
At 9/29/2009 2:14:15 PM, Nags wrote:
At 9/29/2009 2:03:08 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Every homecoming I went to was f***ing lame.

Did you go with a guy or girl?

great point...

i went and it was great, but i was popular.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2009 3:05:28 PM
At 9/29/2009 2:40:43 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
(I was pretending to be straight back then ; ) lol)

LOL I remember those days. I had some decent and good looking boyfriends back then.
President of DDO
BrandonClark
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2009 8:58:22 PM
At 9/29/2009 8:33:21 PM, AFT wrote:
What the hell is one even supposed to wear to a semi formal homecoming?

I don't really know. I'll ask one of my upper-classmen friends.

On a side note, is it strange to have more/closer friends in an older grade than your own?
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2009 9:00:08 PM
At 9/29/2009 8:58:22 PM, BrandonClark wrote:

On a side note, is it strange to have more/closer friends in an older grade than your own?

Not now, but when you're a senior and most of your friends have already graduated, you won't fit-in as much with "your own kind."
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2009 9:02:44 PM

just go formal.

Semi-formal is just a fancy way of taking some of the pressure of extreme formality.
Stick to your guns and don't go dumb and dumber style, you will be fine.
BrandonClark
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2009 9:11:11 PM
At 9/29/2009 9:00:08 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 9/29/2009 8:58:22 PM, BrandonClark wrote:

Not now, but when you're a senior and most of your friends have already graduated, you won't fit-in as much with "your own kind."

I have some really close friends that are my age, but there's a few of us on the cross country team that do pretty much everything together. One person graduated last year so now I have me, a sophomore, a junior, and two seniors, one of which I can say is arguably my best friend.
Charlie_Danger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 1:00:42 AM

STEPS:

1) Know if she's (assuming you're straight) taken.
2) Since she isn't, know what time and place you guys always meet. If you don't meet regularly, go out of your way to make that schedule.
3) Choose something witty based off of her personality. This is where I can't really help you, unless you wanna PM me and make me a romantic advisor. I'll give you an example:
I play music after school when (and sometimes even in the Debate room) I don't have NFL stuff to do. I had her in the room, where me and a couple of friends started doing a rough cover of "Prelude 12/21" by AFI (since she loves the song and the band) I did the lead on the vocals, we were just havin' fun, and I replaced the lyrics. "This is what I thought, I thought you need me, this is what I thought so think me naive. Being around you is like a great dream, and Sarah you should go out with me." If you know the song, you'll get the change, but, whatever.
4a) Get rejected and kill yourself. Or try another person. Or don't go to the stupid thing anyway.
4b) Get accepted, and go do a little gaydanceofjoy, hopefully not in front of anyone.
http://www.Debate.org...
^Latest Debate^

word

lolwut^

http://www.myspace.com...
^Not music, but music^

Music Line of The Day:
"She burns like the sun, and I can't turn away"
wonderwoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 2:53:14 PM
Well the most creative ways I was ever asked was we went for a helicopter ride and he had it written in flowers on the ground. You could see see through the window on the floor and the side windows. Creative, elaborate, cute.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 9:24:33 PM
At 9/30/2009 2:53:14 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
Well the most creative ways I was ever asked was we went for a helicopter ride and he had it written in flowers on the ground. You could see see through the window on the floor and the side windows. Creative, elaborate, cute.

And this is why children should not watch fairy tales...

Look be yourself, do not do anything that will cause you to get out of "your game", if so, she will be expecting it all of the time.

Plus you don't want to come across as "that guy", you will be the laughing stock of the school when everyone finds out.

Be what you are, logical, and realistic.

PS... stop watching cinderella, that stuff never happens in real life. It is less like cinderella and more like Shrek!
wonderwoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 7:35:48 AM
At 9/30/2009 9:24:33 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 9/30/2009 2:53:14 PM, wonderwoman wrote:

And this is why children should not watch fairy tales...

Look be yourself, do not do anything that will cause you to get out of "your game", if so, she will be expecting it all of the time.

Plus you don't want to come across as "that guy", you will be the laughing stock of the school when everyone finds out.

Be what you are, logical, and realistic.

PS... stop watching cinderella, that stuff never happens in real life. It is less like cinderella and more like Shrek!

So my life is unrealistic? Technically that wasn't homecoming it was prom. At the same time it is very "cinderallaish" I can see why you would say that. However, I respectfully disagree that he shouldn't get out of his game (considering he has any) in order to make it memorable and her to say yes you WILL have to get out of your comfort zone.
Charlie_Danger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 7:54:27 PM
At 10/1/2009 7:56:40 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Hey, if she wound up going with him to prom, then I'd say it worked :)

True. Short term benefits fufilled.
^Latest Debate^

word

lolwut^

http://www.myspace.com...
^Not music, but music^

Music Line of The Day:
"She burns like the sun, and I can't turn away"
wonderwoman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 8:00:55 PM
At 10/1/2009 7:54:27 PM, Charlie_Danger wrote:
At 10/1/2009 7:56:40 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Hey, if she wound up going with him to prom, then I'd say it worked :)

True. Short term benefits fufilled.

There are supposed to be long term ones?