Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Circle Jerk'n feels so good!

Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 7:33:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I hate when you are in a situation with 3+ uninformed people talking politics. I was at my job and was explaining how the debt is over 16 trillion. Everyone was laughing their heads off with each other. They were also convinced:

Libertarians are the same thing as Liberals.
Gold Standard means you'd have to carry gold in your pocket.
No one has to pay for Welfare.

Every one of these topics I addressed and made $25 dollar bets on, however I doubt I will be collecting my $200+ dollars next time I see them.
kfc
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 7:51:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 7:33:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
I hate when you are in a situation with 3+ uninformed people talking politics. I was at my job and was explaining how the debt is over 16 trillion. Everyone was laughing their heads off with each other. They were also convinced:

Libertarians are the same thing as Liberals.
Gold Standard means you'd have to carry gold in your pocket.
No one has to pay for Welfare.

Every one of these topics I addressed and made $25 dollar bets on, however I doubt I will be collecting my $200+ dollars next time I see them.

in these situations is just best to keep quite, and just quietly think on how you plan on slowly torture and kill them.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ahmed.M
Posts: 616
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 7:52:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I know it's annoying when there are many people around you who simply don't know the facts and whats actually true. Because of the numbers, they seem like they are right when they aren't.
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 7:58:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 7:33:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
I hate when you are in a situation with 3+ uninformed people talking politics. I was at my job and was explaining how the debt is over 16 trillion. Everyone was laughing their heads off with each other. They were also convinced:

Libertarians are the same thing as Liberals.
Gold Standard means you'd have to carry gold in your pocket.
No one has to pay for Welfare.

Every one of these topics I addressed and made $25 dollar bets on, however I doubt I will be collecting my $200+ dollars next time I see them.

Enjoy! I need to get myself into that game.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:01:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 7:33:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
I hate when you are in a situation with 3+ uninformed people talking politics. I was at my job and was explaining how the debt is over 16 trillion. Everyone was laughing their heads off with each other. They were also convinced:

Libertarians are the same thing as Liberals.
Gold Standard means you'd have to carry gold in your pocket.
No one has to pay for Welfare.

Every one of these topics I addressed and made $25 dollar bets on, however I doubt I will be collecting my $200+ dollars next time I see them.

first one is technically true if by liberal you mean classical liberal. Who the fvck do they think pays welfare then?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:03:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 8:01:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/24/2012 7:33:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
I hate when you are in a situation with 3+ uninformed people talking politics. I was at my job and was explaining how the debt is over 16 trillion. Everyone was laughing their heads off with each other. They were also convinced:

Libertarians are the same thing as Liberals.
Gold Standard means you'd have to carry gold in your pocket.
No one has to pay for Welfare.

Every one of these topics I addressed and made $25 dollar bets on, however I doubt I will be collecting my $200+ dollars next time I see them.

first one is technically true if by liberal you mean classical liberal.

Good point, but I don't think that's what they mean by "Liberal".

Who the fvck do they think pays welfare then?

You know what Liberals think... thin air!
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:08:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 8:03:27 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 10/24/2012 8:01:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/24/2012 7:33:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
I hate when you are in a situation with 3+ uninformed people talking politics. I was at my job and was explaining how the debt is over 16 trillion. Everyone was laughing their heads off with each other. They were also convinced:

Libertarians are the same thing as Liberals.
Gold Standard means you'd have to carry gold in your pocket.
No one has to pay for Welfare.

Every one of these topics I addressed and made $25 dollar bets on, however I doubt I will be collecting my $200+ dollars next time I see them.

first one is technically true if by liberal you mean classical liberal.

Good point, but I don't think that's what they mean by "Liberal".

Who the fvck do they think pays welfare then?

You know what Liberals think... thin air!

Ill shove my foot up your a**
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Ron-Paul
Posts: 2,557
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:10:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 8:08:13 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/24/2012 8:03:27 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 10/24/2012 8:01:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/24/2012 7:33:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
I hate when you are in a situation with 3+ uninformed people talking politics. I was at my job and was explaining how the debt is over 16 trillion. Everyone was laughing their heads off with each other. They were also convinced:

Libertarians are the same thing as Liberals.
Gold Standard means you'd have to carry gold in your pocket.
No one has to pay for Welfare.

Every one of these topics I addressed and made $25 dollar bets on, however I doubt I will be collecting my $200+ dollars next time I see them.

first one is technically true if by liberal you mean classical liberal.

Good point, but I don't think that's what they mean by "Liberal".

Who the fvck do they think pays welfare then?

You know what Liberals think... thin air!

Ill shove my foot up your a**

Well since that foot comes out of thin air, I'm not too concerned :P
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:23:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 8:10:33 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 10/24/2012 8:08:13 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/24/2012 8:03:27 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:
At 10/24/2012 8:01:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/24/2012 7:33:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
I hate when you are in a situation with 3+ uninformed people talking politics. I was at my job and was explaining how the debt is over 16 trillion. Everyone was laughing their heads off with each other. They were also convinced:

Libertarians are the same thing as Liberals.
Gold Standard means you'd have to carry gold in your pocket.
No one has to pay for Welfare.

Every one of these topics I addressed and made $25 dollar bets on, however I doubt I will be collecting my $200+ dollars next time I see them.

first one is technically true if by liberal you mean classical liberal.

Good point, but I don't think that's what they mean by "Liberal".

Who the fvck do they think pays welfare then?

You know what Liberals think... thin air!

Ill shove my foot up your a**

Well since that foot comes out of thin air, I'm not too concerned :P

lol
kfc
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 9:58:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 8:01:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/24/2012 7:33:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
I hate when you are in a situation with 3+ uninformed people talking politics. I was at my job and was explaining how the debt is over 16 trillion. Everyone was laughing their heads off with each other. They were also convinced:

Libertarians are the same thing as Liberals.
Gold Standard means you'd have to carry gold in your pocket.
No one has to pay for Welfare.

Every one of these topics I addressed and made $25 dollar bets on, however I doubt I will be collecting my $200+ dollars next time I see them.

first one is technically true if by liberal you mean classical liberal. Who the fvck do they think pays welfare then?

The rich just have a big huge hunk of cash and taxing it will put it to good use instead of either hoarding it or investing in the stock market which does nobody any good. This is what I thought :D
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 10:09:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 9:58:54 PM, Contra wrote:
At 10/24/2012 8:01:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/24/2012 7:33:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
I hate when you are in a situation with 3+ uninformed people talking politics. I was at my job and was explaining how the debt is over 16 trillion. Everyone was laughing their heads off with each other. They were also convinced:

Libertarians are the same thing as Liberals.
Gold Standard means you'd have to carry gold in your pocket.
No one has to pay for Welfare.

Every one of these topics I addressed and made $25 dollar bets on, however I doubt I will be collecting my $200+ dollars next time I see them.

first one is technically true if by liberal you mean classical liberal. Who the fvck do they think pays welfare then?

The rich just have a big huge hunk of cash and taxing it will put it to good use instead of either hoarding it or investing in the stock market which does nobody any good. This is what I thought :D

What?

Also, this isn't saying I disagree with welfare. Just that it obviously comes from people paying for it.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 1:06:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 7:33:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
Libertarians are the same thing as Liberals.

Video (first 21 seconds)----------------------------------------------->
Yet, in the context of modern politics, they are pretty much opposed on all fronts.

Gold Standard means you'd have to carry gold in your pocket.

"Simply put, a gold standard means a monetary system based on the commodity gold. Does this mean you will have to carry gold bars in trucks to make payment for buying real estate? No. You can make payments in paper receipts which will be redeemable in gold. Who has the obligation to redeem the paper receipts for gold? Obviously, the entity who has issued the receipts; which brings us to a very contentious question " who has the right to issue such redeemable paper receipts?"
http://mises.org...

No one has to pay for Welfare.

Whether it's through taxes, borrowing, or money printing at the Fed, the citizen and the society pay a price not only for the welfare programs, but also for what would have been the productive output of these people.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 10:21:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/25/2012 1:06:55 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 10/24/2012 7:33:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
Libertarians are the same thing as Liberals.

Video (first 21 seconds)-----------------------------
Yet, in the context of modern politics, they are pretty much opposed on all fronts.

Gold Standard means you'd have to carry gold in your pocket.

"Simply put, a gold standard means a monetary system based on the commodity gold. Does this mean you will have to carry gold bars in trucks to make payment for buying real estate? No. You can make payments in paper receipts which will be redeemable in gold. Who has the obligation to redeem the paper receipts for gold? Obviously, the entity who has issued the receipts; which brings us to a very contentious question " who has the right to issue such redeemable paper receipts?"
http://mises.org...

No one has to pay for Welfare.

Whether it's through taxes, borrowing, or money printing at the Fed, the citizen and the society pay a price not only for the welfare programs, but also for what would have been the productive output of these people.

This is what I explained to them, however they see no reason.
kfc
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 10:50:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
My house is a bit different. My dad, oldest (younger) brother, and sister are all pretty much the same. They're extremely suspicious of government and large corporations, they're big into revisionist history, and they're pretty oppositional to mainstream politics. They're basically me with less philosophical background. So sometimes when they're technically right but for the wrong reasons it feels like a circle jerk to me and I get uncomfortable.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 2:59:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have a situation where my brother is turning into the Obama cell phone lady, but a white version from Maine. He's now trying to angle his way to get on disability, and figuring out how much money he can collect from the government.

He really disappoints me, and is a poor role model for my nephew and niece.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 3:34:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
darkkermit wrote:
Who the fvck do they think pays welfare then?

Quantitative easing dude. You just print money and buy things with it. Simple.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 4:32:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 10:09:59 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/24/2012 9:58:54 PM, Contra wrote:
At 10/24/2012 8:01:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/24/2012 7:33:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
I hate when you are in a situation with 3+ uninformed people talking politics. I was at my job and was explaining how the debt is over 16 trillion. Everyone was laughing their heads off with each other. They were also convinced:

Libertarians are the same thing as Liberals.
Gold Standard means you'd have to carry gold in your pocket.
No one has to pay for Welfare.

Every one of these topics I addressed and made $25 dollar bets on, however I doubt I will be collecting my $200+ dollars next time I see them.

first one is technically true if by liberal you mean classical liberal. Who the fvck do they think pays welfare then?

The rich just have a big huge hunk of cash and taxing it will put it to good use instead of either hoarding it or investing in the stock market which does nobody any good. This is what I thought :D

What?

That was a mistake. I just thought that the rich were like "a giant slush fund", and we could tax them with little economic harm.

Also, this isn't saying I disagree with welfare. Just that it obviously comes from people paying for it.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 4:37:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 7:33:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
I hate when you are in a situation with 3+ uninformed people talking politics. I was at my job and was explaining how the debt is over 16 trillion. Everyone was laughing their heads off with each other. They were also convinced:

Libertarians are the same thing as Liberals.
Gold Standard means you'd have to carry gold in your pocket.
No one has to pay for Welfare.

Every one of these topics I addressed and made $25 dollar bets on, however I doubt I will be collecting my $200+ dollars next time I see them.

In bold, I find this alot in many people, its annoying...
Me
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 5:12:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/24/2012 8:01:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
first one is technically true if by liberal you mean classical liberal. Who the fvck do they think pays welfare then?

False. NOT technically true. Liberal never means Classical Liberal. That's why the term Classical Liberal exists.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat