I realize this is old but...

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 3:55:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I just wanna see if it is true that not everybody can read this:

"Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it."

So, does anybody have any trouble reading that paragraph at all? Just curious.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 4:02:39 PM
TL ; DR. Yeah.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

reveal why you answer with a question mark
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 4:04:16 PM
At 10/7/2009 4:01:53 PM, Nags wrote:
I realize this is old but...
http://i37.tinypic.com...

LOL!

Anyway... that was quite easy.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 4:10:39 PM
At 10/7/2009 4:05:41 PM, theLwerd wrote:
TL? Lol. Okay.

Haha yeah, I thought I had a short attention span.

ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 4:20:34 PM
I actually did read it all. Just felt like meme-ing it up.
Our demise and industrial destruction
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

reveal why you answer with a question mark
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 4:21:29 PM
At 10/7/2009 4:20:34 PM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
I actually did read it all. Just felt like meme-ing it up.

Yeah a good meme goes good every now and then.

leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 4:26:48 PM
At 10/7/2009 4:25:37 PM, asiansarentnerdy wrote:
Thats the thing on the label of the vitamin water bottles.

Oh, you mean that bottled cordial.

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 4:39:18 PM
At 10/7/2009 3:55:06 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

"Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it."

not at all... it seems really easy, but neat.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 4:49:19 PM
At 10/7/2009 4:32:36 PM, philosphical wrote:
nope. vitamin water. i drink that sh1t all the time

So long as you know it's full of sugar and not much else, including vitamins.

http://seaswell.wordpress.com...

Cordial in a bottle, but doesn't taste as good.

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 4:52:49 PM
At 10/7/2009 4:49:19 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

That's an under-statement.
President of DDO
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 5:02:44 PM
At 10/7/2009 4:52:49 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 10/7/2009 4:49:19 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

nah. Its better!
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2009 9:03:50 AM

Jeuss Crhist on a fckuing bkie, tath's amaizng!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2009 11:15:38 AM

"Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

I claim that is bushllit.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

No, but it surely is more important.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm.

No, because then this sentence would be readable:
No, bwoghde tfgn tals sadkfhffe wiued be rsdfsfvfle.

And also, the letters in the middle there are not just randomly thrown around. Compare bushllit with bilshlut for example. Which one is easier to see which word is meant? Right. "hmuan mnid" is not so tricky. "haumn mnid" a bit worse. "Cmabrigde Uinervtisy", sure. "Cgrimabde Uretinivsy" not so much. In fact, you'll notice if you look that not one single vowel has switched place with another vowel.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Not true. It's a pattern matching thingy. But a word with the correct letters but wrong order will trigger enough matches to give is a good idea of the word, and then combined with the information on what the word before was we can guess. All subconsciously, of course. Having the vowels int he right order also seems important.

Define "trouble". :)
So prove me wrong, then.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 5:35:29 PM

Define "trouble". :)

No.

asiansarentnerdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 9:56:51 PM
At 10/9/2009 11:15:38 AM, regebro wrote:

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm.

No, because then this sentence would be readable:
No, bwoghde tfgn tals sadkfhffe wiued be rsdfsfvfle.

I think that the sentence was written under the assumption that the letters in the original word are still the same, just the order of them change within the word.
I'm asian.
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 11:57:51 PM
At 10/10/2009 9:56:51 PM, asiansarentnerdy wrote:
I think that the sentence was written under the assumption that the letters in the original word are still the same, just the order of them change within the word.

Yes, but the statement was "only the first and last need to be correct, the rest can be a total mess". I argued against this, by first showing that it must have the same letters and that indeed the order still needs to be somewhat correct. Most importantly it seems that the vowels need to come in the same order. So the statement "total mess" is wrong.

Man I hate it when people don't read THE WHOLE POST before answering.
So prove me wrong, then.