Jump to topic:

Weekly Stupid Episode 6!!!!!

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 7:21:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
TONIGHT!!! We talk a little about the US presidential election, The Weekly Stupid responds to people calling for our banning, we close in a little more on our season finale, Cee-Lo Green makes a surprise appearance, we try to figure out why our camera is so fuzzy, and I talk about what the Chinese are doing to censor the internet now.

Voting for Best of the Best:
http://poll.pollcode.com...

Also a special thanks goes out to Tvellalott, Mirza, FREEDO, Phantom, and Wallstreetatheist. I dont know why the youtube video decided to cut off the rest of the credits in the end of the episode.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 7:22:15 PM
Gonna go eat a very very late lunch, Ill get back to any comments later :)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 7:39:26 PM
Good episode.

Have you by any chance heard of the 80/20 rule. Its a basic rule of thumb that states that 80% of X is caused by 20% of Y. In here, 80% of your complaints are caused by 20% of liberals. So, instead of pissing off the people who like the show, your pissing of the complainers. Not sure If that was the intent or not.

I actually found some of the conservative jabs funny.

inb4 000ike rage b1tches about the msnbc comment and how your pandering to conservatives.
Open borders debate:
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 7:42:54 PM
Well done, I do stand by ike's statement though. I thought he made a fair point depending on the interpretation of political correctness - patriotism is really pretty mild though.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 7:52:55 PM
At 11/16/2012 7:21:36 PM, imabench wrote:
TONIGHT!!! We talk a little about the US presidential election, The Weekly Stupid responds to people calling for our banning, we close in a little more on our season finale, Cee-Lo Green makes a surprise appearance, we try to figure out why our camera is so fuzzy, and I talk about what the Chinese are doing to censor the internet now.

Voting for Best of the Best:
http://poll.pollcode.com...

Also a special thanks goes out to Tvellalott, Mirza, FREEDO, Phantom, and Wallstreetatheist. I dont know why the youtube video decided to cut off the rest of the credits in the end of the episode.

You are doing a very good job at filtering differences in ideology and opinion as reasons for making the stupid list (In my opinion of course) good show. Oh, and do something with the background already!! That electric cord and brick wall has to go!
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 7:54:40 PM
Awesome show.

I lol'd at least 5 times, even outside of the actual quotes. the Fox News thing was hilarious.

I agree with the others though that Ike's statement may be debatable, but isn't really "stupid".

Great show regardless.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:21:43 PM
freedo did you ever consider that your "change freedo's mind" thread was just more mental masturbation/delusion as opposed to a transcendence of egotism?
signature
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:22:54 PM
At 11/16/2012 7:42:54 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Well done, I do stand by ike's statement though. I thought he made a fair point depending on the interpretation of political correctness - patriotism is really pretty mild though.

Well no episode is perfect.... It did get submitted by two people and I saw four lines of reasoning to show why the statement wasnt true which is why I put t on the show though so I didnt put it on there for no reason.

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:45:47 PM
At 11/16/2012 8:21:43 PM, badger wrote:
freedo did you ever consider that your "change freedo's mind" thread was just more mental masturbation/delusion as opposed to a transcendence of egotism?

Odd place to put the question.

I never claim to transcend egotism. I'm quite egotistical, actually. Thought that was obvious.

I made the thread because I actually have the impulse to seek change in myself.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:58:30 PM
At 11/16/2012 8:45:47 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/16/2012 8:21:43 PM, badger wrote:

Odd place to put the question.

eh, it relates.

I never claim to transcend egotism. I'm quite egotistical, actually. Thought that was obvious.

I made the thread because I actually have the impulse to seek change in myself.

k, maybe transcending egotism wasn't the right way to put it. it seemed the thread was just to flaunt this outlook you have though which you believe keeps you free from some of the pitfalls of egotism that others suffer...and thus that the thread was just completely and utterly mental masturbation.

and then there's you condoning this...

i dunno, i just remember you having been a lot less hostile or something, whatever

nvm
signature
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 9:08:37 PM
At 11/16/2012 8:58:30 PM, badger wrote:
i dunno, i just remember you having been a lot less hostile or something, whatever

Hostile? What do you mean? Supporting the weekly stupid? Anyone who can't laugh at themselves is the hostile one. I've been looking forward to seeing myself on the show. Unfortunately, I'm in this sort of position where people exalt me as a God and I'm allowed to get away with saying whatever I want. I have the incomprehensible beliefs on this site and no one gives a shit.

REJOICE IN YOUR MOCKERY, MY CHILDREN!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 9:16:41 PM
At 11/16/2012 7:22:15 PM, imabench wrote:
Gonna go eat a very very late lunch, Ill get back to any comments later :)

Lunch at 9?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 9:20:24 PM
At 11/16/2012 9:08:37 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Hostile? What do you mean? Supporting the weekly stupid? Anyone who can't laugh at themselves is the hostile one. I've been looking forward to seeing myself on the show. Unfortunately, I'm in this sort of position where people exalt me as a God and I'm allowed to get away with saying whatever I want. I have the incomprehensible beliefs on this site and no one gives a shit.

eh, not just in that. and the bolded is just stupid, sorry :P yeah, i said it. it's just confidence can do a lot for people against the pressures this world can place upon them. it's definitely those that would rob them of it that are the hostile ones. and i mean they only do it to take confidence in themselves of it... capitalism, eh? attack the content of argument, not the person.
signature
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 9:20:44 PM
p1:Freedo is God
p2:God is perfect
p3:Freedo is perfect
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 9:22:18 PM
At 11/16/2012 9:20:24 PM, badger wrote:

eh, not just in that. and the bolded is just stupid, sorry :P yeah, i said it. it's just confidence can do a lot for people against the pressures this world can place upon them. it's definitely those that would rob them of it that are the hostile ones. and i mean they only do it to take confidence in themselves of it... capitalism, eh? attack the content of argument, not the person.

SUBMIT IT TO THE SHOW

And, as benchy would be glad to tell you, the show in not attacking anyone.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 9:25:30 PM
At 11/16/2012 9:22:18 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/16/2012 9:20:24 PM, badger wrote:

SUBMIT IT TO THE SHOW

And, as benchy would be glad to tell you, the show in not attacking anyone.

damn dude you went and turned evil. this place needs more communists.
signature
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 9:46:35 PM
At 11/16/2012 9:25:30 PM, badger wrote:
damn dude you went and turned evil. this place needs more communists.

I'm not eviiiiiil. There is no one on this site I have any negative feelings toward.

But I do like the sound of the Dark Side.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 10:00:56 PM
At 11/16/2012 9:49:16 PM, badger wrote:
calling people idiots hurts them dude

Have you ever seen the Roast threads? I never posted in them but anyone could plainly see they were in good fun. That's the point. It isn't serious. And if you're too sensitive to handle it, don't participate or, likewise, don't watch the videos. If you're too sensitive to even hear about it, I genuinely think you should see a medical professional about your psychological health.

No one is bullying here. I was here through the whole Askbob fiasco. I always stood against it. But there is a huge difference.

Have you even watched the videos? They're just funny.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 10:24:27 PM
At 11/16/2012 10:15:38 PM, badger wrote:
ask yourself what makes such a good show out of calling people stupid.

and consider bench's documentation of royals behavior in this video in doing so. this is a game of robbing confidence from others
signature
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 10:37:35 PM
At 11/16/2012 10:24:27 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/16/2012 10:15:38 PM, badger wrote:
ask yourself what makes such a good show out of calling people stupid.

and consider bench's documentation of royals behavior in this video in doing so. this is a game of robbing confidence from others

He's actually lying. I have been on the show since the second episode. So, I didn't just start complaining when my material was used; I started complaining two full months after he began using my material. Imabench is a liar.