How awesome is this...

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2009 4:20:37 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Chess boxing is a hybrid sport which combines the sport of boxing with games of chess in alternating rounds. Chess boxing fights have been organized since early 2003. The sport was started when Dutch artist Iepe Rubingh, inspired by fictional descriptions of the sport in the writing of Enki Bilal, organized actual matches. The sport has become increasingly popular since then.[1] To succeed players must be both skilled chess players and skilled boxers.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2009 4:34:00 PM
This is so stupid.

First, it doesnt matter how smart you are, as long as you can knock the hell out of the opponent, he would be too dazed to play chess.

In other words, this game still relies on boxing more heavily than chess.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2009 4:35:38 PM
At 10/8/2009 4:34:00 PM, tkubok wrote:
This is so stupid.

First, it doesnt matter how smart you are, as long as you can knock the hell out of the opponent, he would be too dazed to play chess.

right now it does not... maybe later it will.

but come on smart and working out...
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2009 4:40:59 PM
At 10/8/2009 4:35:38 PM, comoncents wrote:
This is so stupid.

But come on, the heaveyweight champions of the world dont necessarily have an IQ of 100. Infact, the blows to the head wouldve decreased your thinking ability severely. Yet, they would still know how to win badly in a boxing match.

So, again, no point in putting chess in the game. The strongest boxer will still win, over the smartest boxer.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2009 4:50:06 PM
At 10/8/2009 4:40:59 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 10/8/2009 4:35:38 PM, comoncents wrote:
This is so stupid.

But come on, the heaveyweight champions of the world dont necessarily have an IQ of 100. Infact, the blows to the head wouldve decreased your thinking ability severely. Yet, they would still know how to win badly in a boxing match.

So, again, no point in putting chess in the game. The strongest boxer will still win, over the smartest boxer.

but it is endurance... you get up box and adrenaline gets going, then you are asked to sit and play times chess... you run out of time you lose... so it is stressful... and hard.

i see what you are saying but there are not that many knock outs... i am telling you you can get into it
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2009 6:24:31 AM
This is brilliant - you have to be an all-round competitor to win - they should introduce the concept to TV quiz shows.

For example, 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?' If the contestant doesn't know the answer he or she could "Phone a Friend", "Take 50/50" or "Smack the Audience"!

Or what about 'The X-Factor" or "America's Got Talent"? If a performer got two yeses but one no, if he or she could kick Simon Cowell's head in they would get through to the next round. I, for one, would watch the show just to see that!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2009 7:43:31 AM
At 10/9/2009 6:24:31 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
This is brilliant - you have to be an all-round competitor to win - they should introduce the concept to TV quiz shows.

For example, 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?' If the contestant doesn't know the answer he or she could "Phone a Friend", "Take 50/50" or "Smack the Audience"!

Or what about 'The X-Factor" or "America's Got Talent"? If a performer got two yeses but one no, if he or she could kick Simon Cowell's head in they would get through to the next round. I, for one, would watch the show just to see that!

So you think you can dance? Try dancing while the audience comes to pummel you!
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 4:31:50 PM
At 10/9/2009 5:15:45 AM, feverish wrote:

The first thing I did when I saw this thread was to go on Facebook and post the video to three of my biggest fellow Wu-Tang aficionados.