Super Smash Bros. MAFIA Day Phase 1

mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 11:46:24 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Rules:

1. All votes must be in bold to be counted. You have three options: Vote [name], Unvote, or No Lynch. Vote [name] is a vote to lynch said player. Unvote removes an active vote [name] or No Lynch vote. No Lynch is a vote to end the day without lynching.

2. A greater than 50% unanimity must be reached during a day phase in order to carry out a lynch or no lynch. The day phase officially ends when I or mongeese declare it as such. We will declare the end of a day phase as soon as we are online and able to confirm a majority vote. Once the day officially ends, no more (strategic) discussion. It'd be best to refrain from most discussion in general. If a player receives all of the votes required, it will not matter if any more votes are cast or taken back.

3. Players must not discuss the game outside of the day phase threads and private PMs we have started. That includes Facebook, the dinner table or anywhere else. We will be included in all PMs between privileged parties. If you, as a player, are invited to a PM under the pretense that it is "official," confirm that we are on the list of recipients. If not, report those players immediately. The penalty for violating this rule is immediate mod killing.

4. Dead players are not permitted to participate in the day phase threads, though they are allowed to participate in any official PM's. We will let uninformative comments slide such as, "Avenge me, townies!" However, if you reveal information that gives a demonstrable edge to either side, we will punish the party to which you were affiliated. For instance, if you were mafia, were killed, and said something too revealing from your grave, then the mafia will lose their next night phase. The same goes for townies.

5. You are allowed to copy PM's word for word, but you may not take a picture of it and post that.

6. Be courteous to your fellow players. This game loses fun if you are inconsiderate to others, whether by direct abuse or simply by not showing up. This game is most fun when players, well, play. If you have to be gone for a day or two, let your fellow players know. We reserve the right to replace any player who isn't active.

7. You may communicate with us directly via the PMs with any questions, comments or concerns. You are also responsible for submitting your night actions to us in a timely manner. Additionally, if any questions are directed to the moderators in the day phase thread, you may ask me there publicly as well as via PM (to ensure that I respond to it quickly in the thread for everyone).

8. You can reveal your role and your character.

9. The stories may or may not help. It depends on how we feel, but they will all be true.

10. To avoid this game going on for months, there will be phase limits. Until further notice, each day phase has a 7 day limit. Each night phase has a 4 day limit. Day phases that reach the limit end in a Random Lynch (Microsoft Excel Random Number Generator). Night phases that reach the limit will cause actions not submitted to be forfeit. These limits are flexible and can be changed pending special circumstances, and are up to our discretion.

11. The townies win when all anit-townies are eliminated. The any given anti-townies win when it is mathematically impossible for them to lose.

12. Have fun! Try not to die. Unless that benefits you. But for most of you, the best advice is DON'T DIE.

======================

Active Players List:

1. Nags
2. Logical Master
3. wjmElements
4. KRFournier
5. alex_hanson911
6. philosophical
7. LeafRod
8. JBlake
9. Rezzealaux
10. Harlan
11. Clockwork
12. InquireTruth
13. Cody_Franklin
14. I-am-a-Panda
15. Ragnar_Rahl
16. Ournamestoolong
17. Puck
18. BrandonClark
19. wonderwoman
20. theLwerd
21. ToastOfDestiny
22. untitled_entity
23. AngelEngine
24. Vi_Veri
25. pcmbrown
26. acer
27. crackofdawn_jr
28. AFT
29. leet4A1
30. SportsGuru

Stories:
"Kept ya waiting, huh?"

Good luck.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 11:52:26 AM
At 10/10/2009 11:49:33 AM, mongeese wrote:
A handy tool Google may be. Or Bing.

Well, it means Solid Snake, and the game was a while to get up. So no story really.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:06:51 PM
At 10/10/2009 12:05:47 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Okay then, so what do we want to do?

Lynches normally work for us.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:15:19 PM
At 10/10/2009 12:11:38 PM, philosphical wrote:
changing signature*

That sig. is older than Congress itself.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:16:38 PM
MOD QUESTION: Could you inform us of the mafia/town ratio in this huge game?

My Character Predictions:

Mafia:

Tabuu - Godfather
Master Hand - Bus Driver
Crazy Hand --Role Blocker
Ganondorf - ???
MewTwo - Mafia Cop (mind reading maybe??)
Bowser - ???
Metal Ridley - ???
Rayquaza ???
Porkey - ???
Wario - ???

Town

Dr Mario - Doctor
Link - Vigilante candidate
Zelda/Sheik - Two powers to choose from. Sheik probably being the tracker
Marth - Granny (counters anyone who targets him at night)
Ike - Vigilante candidate
Donkey Kong - Possible Serial Killer or Cult recruiter. Keep in mind that he was Mario's enemy in the past. He could be a vigilante candidate as well I suppose.
Peach - Beloved Princess
Kirby - Copycat (can copy people's night actions?)
Snake - Tracker/Watcher candidate
Olimar - ???
Captain Falcon - Vigilante candidate.
Sonic - Bulletproof (too fast to be hit?)
Samus - Two lives maybe and two different powers with each life (to make up for her armor and lack of armor)
Lucario - ???
Pikachu - ???
Pokemon Trainer - Jack of All Trades (3 different powers with 3 different Pokemon. Makes sense)
Diddy Kong - ???
Meta Knight -???
Fox - Mason Recruiter/ Vigilante candidate / Granny candidate (to compensate for his reflector)
Falco - Starting Mason
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:19:48 PM
Nah
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:20:39 PM
No, I am not going to tell you the ratio, as no mod has ever done that before. However, I will tell you that no bosses are players in this game. Remember, I already revealed that I am Crazy Hand and mongoose is Master Hand.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:24:00 PM
That sig. is older than Congress itself.

Well, big talking irish lad, i like it.
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:25:55 PM
This is going to take awhile to get 16 people to agree on a lynch. That is almost as many players as we usually have to start with.

We have no leads and presumably we have plenty of miss lynches. Also, we can afford a few no lynches. I'll try to draw up an analysis to figure out how many mafia we are looking at here.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:28:33 PM
RULE EDIT:
If the 7 days pass with no lynch voted for, then whoever has the most votes gets lynched. If there are many people tied for the most votes, then it will be random.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:29:59 PM
At 10/10/2009 12:20:39 PM, mongeese wrote:
No, I am not going to tell you the ratio, as no mod has ever done that before.

No mod here. :)

However, I will tell you that no bosses are players in this game. Remember, I already :revealed that I am Crazy Hand and mongoose is Master Hand.

This calls for some changes.

Mafia:

Ganondorf - Godfather (both mongoose/mongeese love the character. In fact, I'm pretty sure the LOZ characters have the best roles/powers)
Bowser - ???
Wario - Kidnapper/Silencer (he was the one doing the kidnapping in Brawl)
Star Wolf -Role Blocker
Waluigi (he is an assist trophy)
Dark Link (doubtful)

If only playable characters are in this game, then that drastically limits the number of mafia members there can be, unless this game is out of character (i.e. Mario, for no reason, decides to become evil)
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:31:10 PM
RULE EDIT:
If the 7 days pass with no lynch voted for, then whoever has the most votes gets lynched. If there are many people tied for the most votes, then it will be random.

Ok, thank you. Btw, did you see LM's question?
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:34:17 PM
Most games have been around a 1:5, 1:4 range.

For the sake of argument, let's say we have even a 1:3 ratio. This would be very high, but for the sake of argument let's pretend this so that I can illustrate the case for a nolynch. A 1:3 ratio would give us 20 townsmen, 10 mafia. Assuming that they successfully kill someone each night, we have 5 miss lynches (5 phases). If we nolynch every night except when an investigative role reveals that a mafioso has been found then we have 10 phases minimum.

We have plenty of wiggle room. And this is assuming a rather high mafia:town ratio.

More than likely we are looking at 8:22; 7:23; or 6:24. Six seems to be a bit too low, so I suspect the number is 7 or 8.

In short, we have plenty of time, and we can make plenty of mistakes and still have an easy town win. I propose a nolynch on the first day. I will refrain from casting my vote until I hear the other side of the argument.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:34:17 PM
At 10/10/2009 12:33:03 PM, mongeese wrote:
LM's question was already answered.

somewhat
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:36:52 PM
Is there a list of possible characters somewhere? An analysis of the potential (or confirmed?) characters would give us a huge boost.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:38:13 PM
At 10/10/2009 12:34:17 PM, JBlake wrote:

For the sake of argument, let's say we have even a 1:3 ratio. This would be very high, but for the sake of argument let's pretend this so that I can illustrate the case for a nolynch. A 1:3 ratio would give us 20 townsmen, 10 mafia. Assuming that they successfully kill someone each night, we have 5 miss lynches (5 phases). If we nolynch every night except when an investigative role reveals that a mafioso has been found then we have 10 phases minimum.

There's no way it can be a 1: ratio. The mod himself just revealed the no bosses are in this game. That leaves characters and not many of the characters are villains. Even the second list I made is stretching it since Dark Link technically isn't a character in the game and Waluigi is just an assist trophy. If we purely base this on characters, the ratio is at best 6:1
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:39:01 PM
At 10/10/2009 12:36:52 PM, JBlake wrote:
Is there a list of possible characters somewhere? An analysis of the potential (or confirmed?) characters would give us a huge boost.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:40:32 PM
At 10/10/2009 12:34:17 PM, JBlake wrote:

We have plenty of wiggle room. And this is assuming a rather high mafia:town ratio.

More than likely we are looking at 8:22; 7:23; or 6:24. Six seems to be a bit too low, so I suspect the number is 7 or 8.

In short, we have plenty of time, and we can make plenty of mistakes and still have an easy town win. I propose a nolynch on the first day. I will refrain from casting my vote until I hear the other side of the argument.

1) With such a large game Cult should be factored in.

2) We may have room for mistakes, but we must face the fact we could face two, even three townie losses per night. Room for one or tow mistakes yes, but let's not blunder over this game.
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:41:59 PM
At 10/10/2009 12:40:46 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
Whoops, I forgot King De de De. With him, that makes it 5-1.

Mafia:

Ganondorf - Godfather (both mongoose/mongeese love the character. In fact, I'm pretty sure the LOZ characters have the best roles/powers)
Bowser - ???
Wario - Kidnapper/Silencer (he was the one doing the kidnapping in Brawl)
Star Wolf -Role Blocker
King DeDeDe
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:44:53 PM
At 10/10/2009 12:41:59 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
Bowser - ???

Bowser could have a Hitman style role.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 12:46:11 PM
L-M seems to have a better knowledge of the players and their abilities than I do. I'll double check his full analysis when/if he proposes one.

L-M, you think the ratio may be 5:25? That seems a bit weighted to the town, don't you think? That would give us 10 miss lynches or 20 nolynches before a loss. If we include a vigilante and assume he kills every night, that gives us a minimum of 5 phases (ie. we misslynch 5 days, vigilante miss lynches 5 nights).

This seems to be too small of a ratio. More plausible is that someone who is not a villain is mafia. Are there any borderline characters?