Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

future debates of interest

philosphical
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2009 9:36:11 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I have mused over creating some new debates for fun.
If anyone would like to debate me on one of these topics in the near future, (after i am finished with my current two debates) that'd be aweseome.

1. DDO and cell phones
[ Basically in this debate, i would be standing in the postion that DDO, should implement cell phone use so as to post arguements for players who are generally unable to make it to a computer all the time, like they have on myspace, and facebook.]
2. The kinder opponent
[ This would be more of a debate just for entertainment. Both debaters would argue why they think the opposing debater is better, in heart and mind. The winner would be voted on by who was the kinder person throughout the debate.]
3. Character Max
[ In this debate i would argue that DDO should make it so that arguements could be lengthened, past 8,000 characters.}
4. Misc. Forum
[ I would be standing in the position that the miscellaneous forum is the best forum, out of all the other forums on this site.]
5. DDO taken too seriously?
[I would be pro or con for this debate. Pro's job in this debate, would be to prove that people spend too much time on debate.org, and virtually take it more seriously then one should on an internet site.]
6. Best sonnet
[ This would be a debate for all you poetry fans. It's pretty self explanatory. Both debaters would post their own original sonnets, and it would be up to readers to decipher and vote on the best one.]
7. And last, the writers debate.
[I am already doing one of these, but i would like to do one where my opponent starts off the story and selects the main characters and settings instead. For more info, see other writers debate]

If anyone has an opinion about any of these, or would like to debate any of these topics, please comment. Thankyou
-philosophical
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
BrandonClark
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2009 2:17:17 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I'd like to have an "inappropriate" debate, where people make fake accounts and post the most inappropriate things they can think of. First person to get banned wins.
BLACKHAWKS 6-5 lN OVERTIME!!!
BrandonClark
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2009 2:21:04 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/11/2009 2:19:18 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
BC: That idea sounds retarded.

You only think it's bad because you know I would beat you at it. :)
BLACKHAWKS 6-5 lN OVERTIME!!!
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2009 2:58:21 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/11/2009 2:17:17 PM, BrandonClark wrote:
I'd like to have an "inappropriate" debate, where people make fake accounts and post the most inappropriate things they can think of. First person to get banned wins.

Hahahaha, so bad. PS, how about that Blackhawks game yesterday?
philosphical
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2009 3:03:49 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
on another more relevant note, If anyone finds any of these debates interesting, please tell me. I know some of them may sound silly, but i enjoy a good, non-serious debate every now and then.
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
BrandonClark
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2009 3:14:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/11/2009 2:58:21 PM, LeafRod wrote:
At 10/11/2009 2:17:17 PM, BrandonClark wrote:
I'd like to have an "inappropriate" debate, where people make fake accounts and post the most inappropriate things they can think of. First person to get banned wins.

Hahahaha, so bad. PS, how about that Blackhawks game yesterday?

Ridiculous, can't you see my sig?
BLACKHAWKS 6-5 lN OVERTIME!!!
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 4:53:40 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Philosophical, I would be interested in the following:

2. The Kinder Opponent
3. Character Max
6. Best Sonnet
7. The Writers Debate

Or we could even do all of them if you'd like :)
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 4:54:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/11/2009 2:58:21 PM, LeafRod wrote:
At 10/11/2009 2:17:17 PM, BrandonClark wrote:
I'd like to have an "inappropriate" debate, where people make fake accounts and post the most inappropriate things they can think of. First person to get banned wins.

Hahahaha, so bad. PS, how about that Blackhawks game yesterday?

How about them Red Sox?
President of DDO
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 4:54:59 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
How about this Character Max:
See whoever can fill all 40,000 characters of their arguments with the most creativity and randomness.
philosphical
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 5:18:42 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 4:53:40 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Philosophical, I would be interested in the following:

2. The Kinder Opponent
3. Character Max
6. Best Sonnet
7. The Writers Debate

Or we could even do all of them if you'd like :)

Sounds great. Let's do all of them!

Is it alright if we only start one at a time though? I have a hard time responding to more than three debates at a time, with my busy schedule. Also, which one would you prefer to do first?
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 5:39:31 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 5:18:42 PM, philosphical wrote:
At 10/12/2009 4:53:40 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Philosophical, I would be interested in the following:

2. The Kinder Opponent
3. Character Max
6. Best Sonnet
7. The Writers Debate

Or we could even do all of them if you'd like :)

Sounds great. Let's do all of them!

Is it alright if we only start one at a time though? I have a hard time responding to more than three debates at a time, with my busy schedule. Also, which one would you prefer to do first?

Any! Maybe we should save the kinder opponent debate for the end lol. I'd prefer to do the writers debate maybe last or 2nd to last actually. Hmm. Either the character debate or the sonnet debate; whichever you prefer.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 5:41:09 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 5:21:31 PM, philosphical wrote:
How about them Red Sox?

Red sox= kick @ss

They lost all 3 playoff games so far. Yankees won all theirs. Red Sox: out.
President of DDO
BrandonClark
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 5:42:51 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 5:41:09 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 10/12/2009 5:21:31 PM, philosphical wrote:
How about them Red Sox?

Red sox= kick @ss

They lost all 3 playoff games so far. Yankees won all theirs. Red Sox: out.

Yankees got help from the umps on one of them. Seriously, the ball landed at least a foot in fair territory and he called it foul!
BLACKHAWKS 6-5 lN OVERTIME!!!
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 5:46:36 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 5:42:51 PM, BrandonClark wrote:
At 10/12/2009 5:41:09 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 10/12/2009 5:21:31 PM, philosphical wrote:
How about them Red Sox?

Red sox= kick @ss

They lost all 3 playoff games so far. Yankees won all theirs. Red Sox: out.

Yankees got help from the umps on one of them. Seriously, the ball landed at least a foot in fair territory and he called it foul!

The umpire was equally sucky for both sides. He made the strike zone HUGE for Twins pitchers! It was ridiculous. Plus, one play doesn't make an entire game... or series for that matter, in which the Yanks won all 3 games. Not to mention that the Twins lost over 10 games to the Yankees and have never won against them this season. The outcome was pretty much inevitable.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 5:49:23 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Philosophical, since you wanna be Pro on the issue, you should challenge me to the character debate or sonnet debate first :) Yay! Do it. I'm bored; I finished my homework and the mafia game is in the night phase lol.
President of DDO
philosphical
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 6:16:18 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/12/2009 5:49:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Philosophical, since you wanna be Pro on the issue, you should challenge me to the character debate or sonnet debate first :) Yay! Do it. I'm bored; I finished my homework and the mafia game is in the night phase lol.

Alright sounds good. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I was writing that ridicously long argument back to Kleptin. Hmm.. I think we should start with the sonnet debate. It will be simple, and not time consuming for having more than a few debates at once. I'll post it ASAP so as to prevent to from suffering from boredom
;-)
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!