Jump to topic:

Gold making tips

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 6:27:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Here, here! Share your gold making tips in online games such as WoW or Runescape (I assume that there are a lot of nerds on here)!
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 6:32:29 PM
At 11/26/2012 6:27:03 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Here, here! Share your gold making tips in online games such as WoW or Runescape (I assume that there are a lot of nerds on here)!

Are you asking for people to altruistically aid you?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 6:33:47 PM
I don't know anything about this stuff, but I do know that as staunch defenders of capitalism, you should all charge LordKnukle for your advice. :)
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 6:36:59 PM
I beg. I literally begged in WoW and someone gave me 100 gold. Someone also called me one of those posers who act homeless but then drive off in a Mercedes...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 6:42:08 PM
At 11/26/2012 6:32:29 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

No- it's called mutual cooperation for self-interest. I'm trying out a strategy that is promising, at least in theory, in RS. If it works, I'll share it.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 6:44:44 PM
At 11/26/2012 6:42:08 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

No- it's called mutual cooperation for self-interest. I'm trying out a strategy that is promising, at least in theory, in RS. If it works, I'll share it.

Ah, I see. You are asking people to voluntarily collectivize for self interest ;)
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 6:45:14 PM
At 11/26/2012 6:44:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/26/2012 6:42:08 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Ah, I see. You are asking people to voluntarily collectivize for self interest ;)

I don't see anything wrong with that. :)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 8:39:58 PM
At 11/26/2012 6:36:59 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
I beg. I literally begged in WoW and someone gave me 100 gold. Someone also called me one of those posers who act homeless but then drive off in a Mercedes...

I gave all my money away in runescape. I'd probably give my account away to if I could remember the password.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 9:51:44 PM
You have to find the philosopher's stone, then you can turn base metals into precious metals.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 8:52:32 AM
At 11/26/2012 9:51:44 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
You have to find the philosopher's stone, then you can turn base metals into precious metals.

No, it will let you ignore the law of equivalent exchange silly.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 2:27:36 PM
Fable 2-3: Buy stalls, then homes, then stores. Jack up the prices and rent. Roll around in all your gold.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:54:30 PM
At 11/27/2012 2:27:36 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Fable 2-3: Buy stalls, then homes, then stores. Jack up the prices and rent. Roll around in all your gold.

And as long as you fart and dance like a retard in the streets, people will still adore you.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:55:46 PM
What your basic levels for RS?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 6:01:06 PM
This is for World of Warcraft only.

If you want to collect as much gold as possible, you need to have several characters, maxed out level. Consider this: You have one main character, and want the best items and gear for him. If you have 9 others, you'll get thousands of gold just from leveling each of them -- easily 30,000+ with all -- which is more than enough to enhance the gear you have for many weeks or months. (Gems, reforge, repair, etc.)

Professions open the best way to get gold. You can have two main professions with one character, such as Mining and Blacksmithing. These go hand-in-hand, and if you spend 1-2 hours a day collecting minerals and forging some items, you'll be able to put decent amounts of items in the auction house and earn a good amount of gold.

If you do this with the rest of your characters, you can be wealthy enough to have a balance of 100,000 gold -- stable. (Something you're guaranteed to preserve over time.) This is enough to buy anything you need.

Collecting rare or exceptional items is and selling them is also useful. If you do a raid, an item that other people can use might drop -- and you can hit it in the auction house for say, 15-25k gold.

Another, more intense way of earning gold is to help others in PvP. I recently earned over 1,000 gold by helping someone win a few games in arena. Some professional players earn real money by providing so-called boosts to people by either playing their character (this is illegal) or carrying them (i.e., several skilled players helping one bad player in say, a battleground.)

Patience is a must for acquiring mass gold, at least in WoW. It is definitely worth it if you like the game, though. I play only one character (though I have my first, never use it now) -- and I have the gold I need. I won't dare make other characters just for gold!
OllerupMand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 7:29:49 AM
Dpends on how much gold you have, but right now and today I am going to buy an invitation to the brawlers guild and then sell out invitations. I am not sure if it will get profit or enough profit, but it seems doable.

Will write a longer post in a bit.
OllerupMand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 8:59:44 AM
The girlfriend and I have played for quit some time. I played since vanillia and she joined in wotlk. Being grownup and stuff we don't really have time to raid and we wont be online long enough to do 20 arenaes each week. So mostly we use the time to collect pet, mount and finding different ways to make gold. How you make gold all depends on how you like to do it, but the secrets are always planning, patience and alts.

If you like to fly around and pick up stuff. Then make a herbalist/mining druid. Max riding skill for maxing out your profit/time ratio and get the mining hat. Remember that mining/herbing in low level area can be more proffitable than high level. Fel iron and cobalt ore/bars cost around 300-500 gold a stack on my server.

If you like killing stuff then run old dungeons and raids. Send greens and blue to your enchanter alt and DE them. Sell the epics. Send stuff to make legendary items to your banking alt.

If you like talking and interaction then do event actions or something like that.
As an example for the brawlers guild we are going to try an get an invite from the BMAH. Then rep up until we can invite another. Then we will started a closed auction by forming a raid. Each person who wants a chance to bid on the invite have to pay a buy in to get the raid invite. The idea beeing that no matter what amount we action the actuel invite for we will have earned enough cash from the raid invites.

This is very funny, but not how you get really stinky rich though.

You get really stinking rich from proffesions, AH, understanding the market and how people play WoW. It is all about buying low and selling high and doing it big.

Find a good market spot and abuse it. Buy cheap and resell for profit.

On our server the prices is lowest at sunday. Then it will slowly rise until friday where all the weekend gamers log on and play. So we buy cheap in the weekend resell it wednesday/thursday for proffit. "Remember this doesn't work the first month of an expansion where prices are just free falling =P

The profit for each stack of whateveryoudoitwith is pretty low. The highest on our server is some herbalisme flowers and each stack I resell only earn me betwen 20 and 30 gold. So to get a proper proffit you have to buy and resell quit an amount without "taking out so much that You start to change pricing to much. So I will normally buy about 30-40 stack of each herbalist flower, ghost iron ore and ghost iron bars in the weekeend. Then sell it during the week about 10 to 15 stacks a day. Keeping some in reserve if price gets to low. That is some very easy gold and we usual earn 10k+ gold on it each week.

Get mining and jewelcrafter alt. When ores need to make bars get cheaper than the actuel bar (and that happens quit often) melt ores to bars and resell for profit. If ore gets really cheap then prosper for gems and cut them. Remember that a perfect cut green quality gem becomes blue quality gem.

In the start of an expansion people are all about getting crafted epix, bigger bags, glyphs and maxing out tradeskills. That is easy to use, but what is even easier to use is that they don't care about alts, pets and mounts. So special mats used for crafting often droops. This is the time you should be hoarding special mats needed to craft vanity items and twink enchants. You need different alts for crafting pets and vanity items, but send them to one alt that try to action of a singleton of each time each day as not to drown the market."

Get an alt to diremaul. Farm the ogre suit. You can have more than one in your inbox. They are made of pure gold.

Buy eternal shadow/earth and craft greenies from them on your jc. Sell them, ah them and de them for mats. What ever give you the highest profit.

Get a transmutter. 10 ghost iron bars often cost the same as a trilliumbar, so each proc=proffit and well there is a lot of situations where that procc=profit for you.

Each of the advice may only get you a small amount each day. Like each vanity item you sell give me a proffit on around 50-300 gold, but each day I sell a handfull of vanity items which earns me more than a thousand gold and it takes very little time to put them up for auction.

There is a few item you should keep an eye out for on AH. As an example blazing longswors is a lvl 60 random world droop and stuff like that is often worth only a few thousand gold, but because of the look you can sell it for 100k-120k gold. Few people knows that so most people will put it on AH for alot less.

There are more small things like that, but generally earn a little on many different things.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2012 10:40:34 PM
May I make a side note -- World of Warcraft is probably one of the games that will create a marvelous nostalgia for you. One should have strong self-restraint before trying it, but if you ever get started, it's an unforgettable experience!
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 2:12:56 PM
After just reading the title I thought this was a thread about alchemy.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 2:38:13 PM

LOL You are such a loser.

One time somebody randomly gave me 100 gold in Orgrimmar for absolutely nothing. I think it's because I was playing a blood elf female at the time. Sucker.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 10:07:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/3/2012 2:38:13 PM, Oryus wrote:

One time somebody randomly gave me 100 gold in Orgrimmar for absolutely nothing. I think it's because I was playing a blood elf female at the time. Sucker.

This is why I play female characters in MMO's.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 10:09:11 PM
I thought these were tips on the literal art of creating gold.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 10:38:29 PM
At 1/5/2013 10:07:41 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/3/2012 2:38:13 PM, Oryus wrote:

This is why I play female characters in MMO's.

Idiotas.

You are wise to do so.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 10:56:25 PM
You fools! Alchemy is impossible, because gold itself is a pure element! Unless you possess an exploding star, or a machine that smashes atoms together, you have no chance of making gold.
#FeeltheFreezerBern