Super Smash Bros. MAFIA Day Phase 2

mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:08:47 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
NEW Rules:
12. The lynch that will occur if the day phase lasts too long will apply not randomly, but to somebody who had the most votes.
13. No "majority" votes.

======================

Dead Players List:

1. wjmelements (Snake, the Serial Killer, lynched in Day Phase 1)
"You are bulletproof during the night, although you can be lynched.
Each night, you can perform one of the following actions:
1) Select one player as a target, and plant a C4 explosive in their "house."
2) Activate the remote control, detonating all C4 explosives and killing everybody in any targeted house before they get a chance to leave their "house."
3) Activate the remote control, detonating all C4 explosives and killing everybody who remains in or visits a targeted "house."
4) Plant a mine in the next Day Phase thread, instantly killing the first person who posts anything that includes any phrase of at least two words that you pre-determined within this step.
You are a third-party, and have no communications."

2. TheLwerd (Pikachu, the Mason Doctor, found dead with large bite marks, 2D key stuck in back, and with no tail)
"Each Night Phase, you target one player. If that player is targeted to die, that player does not die.
You are a Mason, and can communicate with other Masons in the Mason thread."
NOTE: If the person protected by Pikachu was not targeted, that person would be paralyzed. A paralyzed person may not participate in group PM's, post in the Day Phase Thread, or use his or her role.

3. AFT (Ganondorf, the Vengeful Usurper, found stabbed by Master Sword)
"Your goal is to get the Godfather, ???, killed at some point before yourself. When you succeed, you then win above the Mafia, and take over ???'s duties as Godfather.
Additionally, should you be lynched, you get the chance to kill any one person who voted for you (even the Godfather, which would count).
You are a Mafia member, and communicate with the Mafia members in the Mafia thread."

==============================

Active Players List:

1. Nags
2. Logical Master
3. KRFournier
4. alex_hanson911
5. philosophical
6. LeafRod
7. JBlake
8. Rezzealaux
9. Harlan
10. Clockwork
11. InquireTruth
12. Cody_Franklin
13. I-am-a-Panda
14. Ragnar_Rahl
15. Ournamestoolong
16. Puck
17. BrandonClark
18. wonderwoman
19. ToastOfDestiny
20. untitled_entity
21. AngelEngine
22. Vi_Veri
23. pcmbrown
24. acer
25. crackofdawn_jr
26. leet4A1
27. SportsGuru

=============================

Stories:
http://www.debate.org...
The people had decided: Snake was guilty. He was dragged up to the death box, despite his protests, "No! I'm bulletproof! I'm a townie! I... um... can't be recruited! Because... er...."
"No! I need him alive," cried the strange little black man.
The rodent smiled, glad at fulfilling the lynch, and electrocuted the guilty one.

The electric-type was ready to protect itself. But not from this. A short, fat man suddenly bit the Pokemon in the face, restricting its motion. Then a swordsman wielding a two-handed sword suddenly sliced off its tail. Then the short black man, weilding a two-dimensional key, stabbed the rat in the back. The assault too much for the mouse, it collapsed. The fat one got on his motorbike and sped away. The flat one hopped away, cheering at his success of accomplishing what he wasn't sure was a good thing, but he did it, so it must be great! The swordmaster simply walked away, saying, "I fight for my friends."

The king of evil was standing next to his boss, wearing a stethescope.
"Minion, why are you wearing a stethescope?"
"I'm pretending to be a doctor."
"That looks stupid. What do you actually do, anyways?"
"I am usurper. When I am lynched I can bring anyone who voted for me down with me."
His boss stared at him in shock. "You're insane."
"So?"
"Just get out."
"Yes master."
The boss walked away, shaking his head at the stupidity of his minion.
Suddenly, the dark king felt a tug. He turned his head, saw a vaccuum, and was sucked into the vortex. He struggled to escape. Suddenly, he was free, flying above his captor, who now wore a hairstyle like his. He smiled to himself. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery!
This thought was cut short by the sword that quickly embedded itself into his throat.

The Pokemon stop atop the mountain, sensing the aura around him. He finally found what he was looking for. He smiled. It glowed a bright blue. Then suddenly, it was cut off. He frowned. An innocent life had been taken.

Good luck.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:21:25 PM
The stories are super cryptic and seem biased towards people who have a good understanding of that video game. I didn't understand any of that.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:23:10 PM
Let's see; Marth and Mr. Game and Watch are apparently mafia; Both were claimed by L-M and BrandonClark repectivly; thus both must be guilty. Because his abiity to annoy and distract, I choose BC over L-M

I vote to lynch BrandonClark
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:26:28 PM
Just a note mods: In the interest of fairness, you might consider taking off the pictures for future stories. Having pictures not only prevents any need for inferences, but takes away mafia's ability to twist the story. (Before everyone else forms a mob to lynch me as seems to be custom, I am not complaining as a townie. I just want the game to actually be fair so we are not cheated to a victory/loss.)
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:26:34 PM
At 10/13/2009 8:23:10 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
Let's see; Marth and Mr. Game and Watch are apparently mafia; Both were claimed by L-M and BrandonClark repectivly; thus both must be guilty. Because his abiity to annoy and distract, I choose BC over L-M

Please explain. Where did you see that?
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:28:46 PM
At 10/13/2009 8:26:34 PM, JBlake wrote:

3rd picture/descripton: Wario, Marth, and Mr.Game and Watch are attacking Pickachu.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:29:25 PM
At 10/13/2009 8:28:46 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

3rd picture/descripton: Wario, Marth, and Mr.Game and Watch are attacking Pickachu.

EDIT: the 2nd picture/description
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:29:48 PM
Sweet =). Nice pics!

Story analysis (which I can finally provide!):
1) So it seems AFT was stupid last night and revealed himself as the Usurper XD. We still have a doctor!

2) It seems like Lwerd was targeted by our JOAT (Brandon), Wario (with a paralyzing ability) and Ike (with a killing ability).

3) BrandonClark (Game+Watch) is innocent. He's obviously a third party, and the mods are poking fun at his N00bness.

4) If LM is Marth, he missed las night. Ike (who must have a similar ability) hit.

5) Lucario (the last one) is the Cop. He investigated Lwerd before she died.

Maybe the Cult is the swordsmen?
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

reveal why you answer with a question mark
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:30:17 PM
At 10/13/2009 8:29:25 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
At 10/13/2009 8:28:46 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

EDIT: the 2nd picture/description

Okay, got it. I think I am going to be at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to interpreting this game...

Vote to Lynch Brandon Clark
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:31:31 PM
BC is innocent. He used his kill on Lwerd, but isn't a mafioso. The mafia seemed to have used their kill on AFT (Ganondorf).

RFDs Pl0x:
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:32:46 PM
At 10/13/2009 8:29:48 PM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
Sweet =). Nice pics!

1) So it seems AFT was stupid last night and revealed himself as the Usurper XD. We still have a doctor!

2) It seems like Lwerd was targeted by our JOAT (Brandon), Wario (with a paralyzing ability) and Ike (with a killing ability).

3) BrandonClark (Game+Watch) is innocent. He's obviously a third party, and the mods are poking fun at his N00bness.

4) If LM is Marth, he missed las night. Ike (who must have a similar ability) hit.

How do you come up with these analyses? I didn't get any of that... :o

Please explain, because your analysis contradicts Sportsguru's (about BC)
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:38:10 PM
At 10/13/2009 8:08:47 PM, mongoose wrote:
Stories:
The people had decided: Snake was guilty. He was dragged up to the death box, despite his protests, "No! I'm bulletproof! I'm a townie! I... um... can't be recruited! Because... er...."
"No! I need him alive," cried the strange little black man.
The rodent smiled, glad at fulfilling the lynch, and electrocuted the guilty one.
Clear enough. We lynched Snake, whose defense began falling apart. BC wanted him to stay.

The electric-type was ready to protect itself. But not from this. A short, fat man suddenly bit the Pokemon in the face, restricting its motion. Then a swordsman wielding a two-handed sword suddenly sliced off its tail. Then the short black man, weilding a two-dimensional key, stabbed the rat in the back. The assault too much for the mouse, it collapsed. The fat one got on his motorbike and sped away. The flat one hopped away, cheering at his success of accomplishing what he wasn't sure was a good thing, but he did it, so it must be great! The swordmaster simply walked away, saying, "I fight for my friends."
Pikachu (L) is targeted by multiple players. Wario roleblocks her or paralyzes her. BC (short black man) used his killing ability on her. Ike (swordsman, vigilante?) used some sort of killing ability too.

I doubt that all mentioned are mafiosos. Maybe Ike is the Cult Vigilante? Wario may be the Mafia Prostitute. He 'bites' someone at night, and paralyzes them. It does seem that none of them are affiliated with each other, as they all exit separately.

The king of evil was standing next to his boss, wearing a stethescope.
"Minion, why are you wearing a stethescope?"
"I'm pretending to be a doctor."
"That looks stupid. What do you actually do, anyways?"
"I am usurper. When I am lynched I can bring anyone who voted for me down with me."
His boss stared at him in shock. "You're insane."
"So?"
"Just get out."
"Yes master."
The boss walked away, shaking his head at the stupidity of his minion.
Suddenly, the dark king felt a tug. He turned his head, saw a vaccuum, and was sucked into the vortex. He struggled to escape. Suddenly, he was free, flying above his captor, who now wore a hairstyle like his. He smiled to himself. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery!
This thought was cut short by the sword that quickly embedded itself into his throat.
AFT is an idiot, and reveals himself as Usurper to his co-mafiosos. They tell him to GTFO. Kirby (vigilante?) kills him.

The Pokemon stop atop the mountain, sensing the aura around him. He finally found what he was looking for. He smiled. It glowed a bright blue. Then suddenly, it was cut off. He frowned. An innocent life had been taken.
Lucario is the Cop. He investigates Lwerd, who promptly dies.

RFDs Pl0x:
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:38:22 PM
At 10/13/2009 8:29:48 PM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
Sweet =). Nice pics!

Okay, forget L-M being guilty; switched up Ike and Marth

BC- I interpreted the AFT killing as a godfather ability (since the godfather had it last game) rather than a mafia kill; however the appearance of multiple mafia members nullifies that. So BC is not mafia. However

1. How can he be 3rd party and innocent as you claim?

2. Why was he so ardent in making us believe he was protecting himself?
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:39:49 PM
@2. Hmmm. Good point. Unless he is part of a team, it is doubtful he'd figure out not to protect himself. Maybe he tried to kamikaze?

RFDs Pl0x:
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:43:19 PM
I feel that it is very possible that L-M is cult. When Ike leaves, he states "I fight for my friends" Out of all SSBB characters, he is going to be most friendly with the 2 others from his own game: Roy and Marth (a.k.a. L-M)
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:46:20 PM
Now its the long awaited BrandonClark lynch. This is beneficial to the town becuase the only plausible role i can see for a 2D key is Game and watch. Mods revealed alot more than they probably should have. We know also that a master sword was used. This was obviously by link. Link is the only SSB character who has a master sword. The question is who is link? But i think we neeed to go with our first obvious link. Vote to lynch BrandonClark
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:46:57 PM
Who is "little black man"? Is that seriously a character from the game? Whatever the case, it is obvious that BC is that character. It's impossible for me to tell from the story whether that makes him guilty or innocent.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:48:06 PM
At 10/13/2009 8:31:31 PM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
BC is innocent. He used his kill on Lwerd, but isn't a mafioso. The mafia seemed to have used their kill on AFT (Ganondorf).

Well BC is a F**** retarded JOAT!
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:49:23 PM
Lol. I vote that if ToastOfDestiny dies at some point, he's still permitted to decipher these stories.

BC seems to be either a townie or a third party, so I'm not sure what to do quite yet. I need think about it. I'd really like to read back and get some info, but... *sigh* ... that just seems like work.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:49:24 PM
At 10/13/2009 8:43:19 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
I feel that it is very possible that L-M is cult. When Ike leaves, he states "I fight for my friends" Out of all SSBB characters, he is going to be most friendly with the 2 others from his own game: Roy and Marth (a.k.a. L-M)

Actually, fully agreed. I see this as good possibility that LM is cult.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:51:43 PM
Compiled Story analysis for the SSBB-impaired:

3) Thus, BrandonClark is innocent.

4) L-M may be cult; Ike (from the same game as Marth) says "I fight for my friends" as he leaves. Not only does this imply cult, but it refers to the other two Fire Emblem characters Roy, and Marth (L-M).

SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:53:23 PM
At 10/13/2009 8:48:12 PM, Harlan wrote:
And why did BC say that he is "game and watch" if he is actually "little black man." I'm super confused.

Mr.GameandWatch is the character's name. Just like Pickachu is the character's name, but it is a small electric mouse, Mr. GameandWatch is a "little black man"