Total Posts:63|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ending woman suffrage

philosphical
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 9:08:51 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Suffrage: womans right to vote.

This video is a quite hilarious example to how smart some of the people in our society are. Also note, this is a school of EXCELLENCE!
Enjoy ;D
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
regebro
Posts: 1,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2009 3:50:56 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Still funny though. Of course it relies on people not knowing what the word means, and therefore assuming it means suffering.

But it proves what I have said so many times, and so many of you people on this forum suffer from:

Instead of admitting that they are not geniuses, people in general rather prove that they are complete morons.

That never stops to fascinate me.
So prove me wrong, then.
regebro
Posts: 1,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2009 8:53:13 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/14/2009 7:33:02 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 10/14/2009 3:50:56 AM, regebro wrote:

Instead of admitting that they are not geniuses, people in general rather prove that they are complete morons.

Where would you say you stand on this scale?

I *am* a genius. :-D

I assume you mean on a scale of somebody who easily admits he is wrong or don't know something, to somebody that will continue to defend the indefensible forever, then I definitely prefer to admit error/ignorance and then learn than continue to claim something that has been disproved.

Now, admittedly I don't like admitting I'm wrong, but I handle that by making damn sure I'm right before I say anything. :-)
So prove me wrong, then.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2009 11:19:24 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/14/2009 8:53:13 AM, regebro wrote:
I *am* a genius. :-D

I assume you mean on a scale of somebody who easily admits he is wrong or don't know something, to somebody that will continue to defend the indefensible forever, then I definitely prefer to admit error/ignorance and then learn than continue to claim something that has been disproved.

Now, admittedly I don't like admitting I'm wrong, but I handle that by making damn sure I'm right before I say anything. :-)

You see, this is how people should act, and you've hit the nail on the head... except it isn't how you act.

Your style is to put the stick in the ground and claim you're right, without offering any reasons as to why you're right. You claim everyone else is stupid and needs to learn economics and other various subjects, and offer nothing in return. You may admit when you're wrong, but you have yet to even think you're wrong.

And I say such things even though you're someone that I find myself agreeing with 85% of the time. You really need to get off your high horse, bud.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2009 11:29:29 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/14/2009 11:19:24 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 10/14/2009 8:53:13 AM, regebro wrote:
I *am* a genius. :-D

I assume you mean on a scale of somebody who easily admits he is wrong or don't know something, to somebody that will continue to defend the indefensible forever, then I definitely prefer to admit error/ignorance and then learn than continue to claim something that has been disproved.

Now, admittedly I don't like admitting I'm wrong, but I handle that by making damn sure I'm right before I say anything. :-)

You see, this is how people should act, and you've hit the nail on the head... except it isn't how you act.

Your style is to put the stick in the ground and claim you're right, without offering any reasons as to why you're right. You claim everyone else is stupid and needs to learn economics and other various subjects, and offer nothing in return. You may admit when you're wrong, but you have yet to even think you're wrong.

And I say such things even though you're someone that I find myself agreeing with 85% of the time. You really need to get off your high horse, bud.

Ditto'd. Well put Volkov.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2009 1:38:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
We of course need to end this gross injustice! I mean, they're spending annually 30 minutes that could be put towards baking or sewing.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
BellumQuodPacis
Posts: 1,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2009 1:39:49 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/14/2009 1:38:07 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
We of course need to end this gross injustice! I mean, they're spending annually 30 minutes that could be put towards baking or sewing.

Quite good insight Gary. Also we must see that they have caused too many car accidents on the road due to the fact that that is a man's job. Our nation is also suffering militaristic losses because they cant fight.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2009 1:50:29 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/14/2009 1:39:49 PM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:
At 10/14/2009 1:38:07 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
We of course need to end this gross injustice! I mean, they're spending annually 30 minutes that could be put towards baking or sewing.

Quite good insight Gary. Also we must see that they have caused too many car accidents on the road due to the fact that that is a man's job. Our nation is also suffering militaristic losses because they cant fight.

92% of crashes are caused by men. That means 8% are caused by bloody women drivers!
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2009 1:55:52 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/14/2009 1:50:29 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/14/2009 1:39:49 PM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:
At 10/14/2009 1:38:07 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
We of course need to end this gross injustice! I mean, they're spending annually 30 minutes that could be put towards baking or sewing.

Quite good insight Gary. Also we must see that they have caused too many car accidents on the road due to the fact that that is a man's job. Our nation is also suffering militaristic losses because they cant fight.

92% of crashes are caused by men. That means 8% are caused by bloody women drivers!

*83% of statistics are made up on the spot*
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2009 1:58:03 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/14/2009 1:55:52 PM, Nags wrote:
At 10/14/2009 1:50:29 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/14/2009 1:39:49 PM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:
At 10/14/2009 1:38:07 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
We of course need to end this gross injustice! I mean, they're spending annually 30 minutes that could be put towards baking or sewing.

Quite good insight Gary. Also we must see that they have caused too many car accidents on the road due to the fact that that is a man's job. Our nation is also suffering militaristic losses because they cant fight.

92% of crashes are caused by men. That means 8% are caused by bloody women drivers!

*83% of statistics are made up on the spot*

Nags! Don't be making up wrong statistic like that! Interestingly enough, 27% of people are likely to say the above phrase, or something similar to it.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2009 7:11:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/14/2009 1:58:03 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/14/2009 1:55:52 PM, Nags wrote:
At 10/14/2009 1:50:29 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/14/2009 1:39:49 PM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:
At 10/14/2009 1:38:07 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
We of course need to end this gross injustice! I mean, they're spending annually 30 minutes that could be put towards baking or sewing.

Quite good insight Gary. Also we must see that they have caused too many car accidents on the road due to the fact that that is a man's job. Our nation is also suffering militaristic losses because they cant fight.

92% of crashes are caused by men. That means 8% are caused by bloody women drivers!

*83% of statistics are made up on the spot*

Nags! Don't be making up wrong statistic like that! Interestingly enough, 27% of people are likely to say the above phrase, or something similar to it.

LMAO! Panda, I think you were aiming for 17%. Anyway, since Nags and I share a love for Thomas Jefferson, I'm sure he knows exactly what Jefferson himself said on the subject of statistics. TJ said something along the lines of statistics being insignificant in relation to logic.
regebro
Posts: 1,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2009 3:15:24 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/14/2009 11:19:24 AM, Volkov wrote:
You see, this is how people should act, and you've hit the nail on the head... except it isn't how you act.

It is, sorry.

Your style is to put the stick in the ground and claim you're right, without offering any reasons as to why you're right. You claim everyone else is stupid and needs to learn economics and other various subjects, and offer nothing in return. You may admit when you're wrong, but you have yet to even think you're wrong.

So prove me wrong, or shut up.
So prove me wrong, then.
regebro
Posts: 1,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2009 3:16:00 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/14/2009 11:29:29 AM, Nags wrote:
Ditto'd. Well put Volkov.

And that goes for you too: Prove me wrong, or shut up.
So prove me wrong, then.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2009 11:22:10 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/15/2009 3:15:24 AM, regebro wrote:
It is, sorry.

It isn't, sorry.

So prove me wrong, or shut up.

No, see, it isn't how things actually work. If you state something, you have the burden of proof. You aren't just correct. You have to prove something for it to be true. If you aren't doing that, then clearly there isn't much to back up your statements.
regebro
Posts: 1,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2009 2:46:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/15/2009 11:22:10 AM, Volkov wrote:
No, see, it isn't how things actually work.

Yes it is. You fail.

If you state something, you have the burden of proof.

1. No, that's not how it works.
2. That's completely irrelevant to my point which is that people trend to defend their statements even after being proven wrong. You claimed I did too. Well so then prove me wrong.

And now you will go "blahblahblah, yadyadaya, blehbleh" into infinity, showing that you will never admit that you were wrong, thereby proving me right.
So prove me wrong, then.
regebro
Posts: 1,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2009 2:51:11 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
And if you wonder how it DOES work, here it comes again:

For factual claims, the burden of proof is on whoever that states the fact is true. For theories, the burden of proof is on whoever claims the theory is false.

Ref: The Logic of Scientific Discovery, Karl Popper
So prove me wrong, then.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2009 2:56:11 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/15/2009 2:46:08 PM, regebro wrote:
At 10/15/2009 11:22:10 AM, Volkov wrote:
No, see, it isn't how things actually work.

Yes it is. You fail.

Typical regebro response.

If you state something, you have the burden of proof.

1. No, that's not how it works.

Wtf?

Statement: Invisible pink unicorns exist.
Why?: Because I said so.

Can't beat that logic!

2. That's completely irrelevant to my point which is that people trend to defend their statements even after being proven wrong. You claimed I did too. Well so then prove me wrong.

And now you will go "blahblahblah, yadyadaya, blehbleh" into infinity, showing that you will never admit that you were wrong, thereby proving me right.

You're proving yourself wrong more than abundantly as of right now. You are humiliating yourself for the whole forum to see. It is quite sad really.

This quote from South Park sums it up.

Eric: ...but now I realize that... some people just have egos that are so out of whack that no matter what people tell them, they can't accept the truth of who they are. [Kanye looks as if Cartman is talking about him] Jimmy, I owe you an apology. I realize now you can't help believing you created the entire joke, because your ego won't let you think otherwise. I just have to accept that.

Jimmy: Thanks, Eric, for being so understanding.

Kanye: He's right. For so long I've considered myself God gift to the world that I couldn't take it when people made fun of me. But they weren't makin' fun of me. They were tryin' to help me.
regebro
Posts: 1,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2009 9:27:56 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/15/2009 2:56:11 PM, Nags wrote:
At 10/15/2009 2:46:08 PM, regebro wrote:
At 10/15/2009 11:22:10 AM, Volkov wrote:
No, see, it isn't how things actually work.

Yes it is. You fail.

Typical regebro response.

Correct. However, in everything else you wrote, you were wrong.

Wtf?

Explained in the later post. I'm sorry if I confused you by not repeating the burden of proof explanation immediately.

You're proving yourself wrong more than abundantly as of right now. You are humiliating yourself for the whole forum to see. It is quite sad really.

"Regebro is wrong, but I can't come with one example where is he wrong or explain how he is wrong."

Mhm. What was that you said about invisible pink unicorns?

Again: Show that I'm wrong. Repeating that I am wrong over and over won't help anybody. Disprove me, or you fail.
So prove me wrong, then.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 11:43:59 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/15/2009 2:46:08 PM, regebro wrote:
1. No, that's not how it works.

Yes, it is - or it should be.

2. That's completely irrelevant to my point which is that people trend to defend their statements even after being proven wrong. You claimed I did too. Well so then prove me wrong.

And you're missing my point that you're not necessarily ever being proven wrong, but you're never proving anything. And if I do need to prove that, I'll gladly oblige.

And now you will go "blahblahblah, yadyadaya, blehbleh" into infinity, showing that you will never admit that you were wrong, thereby proving me right.

Where have I denied that I was wrong? It isn't my fault you can't follow what I'm saying.

And just so you're aware, I don't care what Karl Popper says. If you're going to put forward an idea, you need to show why it is correct, or else you give no reason for anyone to listen to you.
regebro
Posts: 1,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 1:08:09 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/16/2009 11:43:59 AM, Volkov wrote:
And you're missing my point that you're not necessarily ever being proven wrong, but you're never proving anything.

Which of course

1. has nothing to do with what I said, and hence you now no longer claim that I do not behave as I said we should behave, and also
2. Is blatantly wrong.

Now there may be things you think I should have proven which I have not. In which case you can mentioned them if you like. But it still has nothing to do with what I said, which was:

a. Instead of admitting that they are not geniuses, people in general rather prove that they are complete morons.

b. I definitely prefer to admit error/ignorance and then learn than continue to claim something that has been disproved.

And just so you're aware, I don't care what Karl Popper says.

You are welcome to continue to be ignorant on the subject. However that is not my fault, and does not change who has the burden of proof, nor does it change if I'm right or wrong.

If you're going to put forward an idea, you need to show why it is correct

Not necessarily. But in this case, yes. And in this case, I do that by referring to Karl Popper. Yes, it takes a whole book. Philosophy of science is not a trivial subject that can be covered in a couple of sentences.
So prove me wrong, then.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2009 6:38:58 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
regebro, that book is about Karl Popper arguing for theories to be accepted as true until proven false. He's just one philosipher, and you're taking everything he says and posting it as established scientific method. Fail.

Additionally, if you're going to present, "Regebro is never wrong," as a theory, it needs to be simple, it needs to explain observed phenomena, and it needs to be upheld by evidence.
regebro
Posts: 1,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2009 7:17:32 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/17/2009 6:38:58 AM, mongeese wrote:
He's just one philosipher, and you're taking everything he says and posting it as established scientific method. Fail.

These things are a part of the established scientific method. Karl Popper is one of the most influential scientific philosophers of the 20th century, maybe even the single most influential one. So he is not just "one philosopher". And that book also in detail explains why it must be so.

Additionally, if you're going to present, "Regebro is never wrong," as a theory, it needs to be simple, it needs to explain observed phenomena, and it needs to be upheld by evidence.

No, it needs to be none of this. It needs to either be simpler, or explain observed phenomena better or be better upheld by evidence than the alternative theories, and most importantly, it needs to be falsifiable but not falsified.

Obviously, that particular theory is not any of this, in fact, it's not even a theory. It is possibly a hypothesis.
So prove me wrong, then.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2009 8:30:14 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
It doesn't really matter what you're saying regebro because the point is that, and I think most people agree, you come off as an arrogant elitist àss half the time, which rubs people the wrong way. That may or may not bother you, I don't know, but I do know that it severely dampens your ability to educate anyone else, which again, may or may not be your goal, I don't know. That was the point I was trying to make.
regebro
Posts: 1,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2009 10:50:16 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/17/2009 8:30:14 AM, Volkov wrote:
It doesn't really matter what you're saying regebro because the point is that, and I think most people agree, you come off as an arrogant elitist àss

"Come off as"? I am an arrogant elitist, because I am way smarter than several of you put together. But that was NOT the point I was making, and neither what you said.

I said that

a. Instead of admitting that they are not geniuses, people in general rather prove that they are complete morons.

I also said that I

b. definitely prefer to admit error/ignorance and then learn than continue to claim something that has been disproved.

You claimed that in fact, I behaved as a) instead of as b). Perhaps so, but if I do, then disprove me.

Now, that I'm a bastard and arrogant, and also way smarter than most of you is nothing I have ever denied.

Now bugger off. :-)
So prove me wrong, then.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2009 10:53:45 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
That is not what I said. Had you paid attention, I said that while you may admit when you are wrong, you never give enough detail of your ideas for there to be enough substance to question. It is simply, "this is this, and you're an idiot for not agreeing. Now 'bugger off.'"

And that is what I said, not what you're on about.
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2009 11:07:21 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Well said Volkov and Nags. I don't even bother trying to engage with this idiot after witnessing his style of 'argument'.

Regebro derides others for not admitting they're wrong when he is a far worse culprit of this. Very annoying.