Total Posts:40|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Anime

Im_always_right
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 7:26:45 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
Does anyone else here like to look at anime pictures, but hate most anime storylines?

The only one I ever got into was fruits basket, but only the manga, not the show for some reason.

Am I the only one who is like that?
s0m31john
Posts: 1,879
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 7:56:11 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
When you say "look at anime pictures", what do you mean? I think my mind may be in the gutter?

What genres do you like? Maybe I can help out with some suggestions.
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 8:14:58 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 11/5/2008 7:56:11 PM, s0m31john wrote:
I think my mind may be in the gutter?

I knew you were going to come here and say that! I frigen' knew it!
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Im_always_right
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 8:30:12 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
How did I know som31john would say something like that?

I mean like what my avs are.

Just pics you randomly find on the internet by typing in someting like
"Anime Halloween"
s0m31john
Posts: 1,879
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 8:34:04 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
Just making sure you're not one of those Yaoi Fangirls, I hate them.

I'm watching Welcome to the NHK now, it's really good so far.

It has more of a plot than some slice of life anime, and it's rated R, so it's not dumbed down for little kids. Check it out.
Im_always_right
Posts: 203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2008 7:04:49 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
Oh I started reading that, it was in my school library, it was cool, but my crappy school here doesn't have manga. :( only read like 2 of them, out of order, but it seemed interesting.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 6:27:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
lmao haha I forgot about that. I have to look it up now.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 6:33:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/7/2010 6:30:23 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
lol wow. Now that this topic is here I'll say that I like many anime pics, but I'm not really a fan of most anime series.

Yeah I really hate Inuyasha (not so much now but a couple years ago I wanted it dead) but loved a lot of pics of it. I would keep my tv on volume off and watch the show just for the pics lol xD

Death Note however, has a better storyline than art.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 6:45:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Most of these are good, it's my collection: http://i51.tinypic.com...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 6:45:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/7/2010 6:37:34 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
lol, one of my friends loves Inuyasha. I have another friend who used to like it, but pretty much hates it now.

Lol one of my friends loves it. He made an "original" story. It took 2 1/2 hours of non-stop talking to get past chapter 2, but it started off with
"A-lex (lol it was supposed to be a story for me, not about me with a different pronunciation) was a demon who was tied up to a tree for 200 years and then someone came and let him down and he attacked her and then she accidently cut his hair in battle and then he cut hers and then killed her, and then he fell in love with her and brought her back to life with a diamond and then she made him a fire salad and then they had demon babies on an island and then this guy attacked, stole, and shattered the diamond (lol) in millions of peices and without it she dies, and he becomes human and dies, because she has one peice of it she can live, but is white hair turned black"

I'm not saying that he stole the story line from anything, I just find it weird that there is a jewel, a demon, a love/hate relationship with a human girl, and the main character was tied to a tree in a desserted region for a long time.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 6:47:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/7/2010 6:45:58 PM, Korashk wrote:
Most of these are good, it's my collection: http://i51.tinypic.com...

You have digimon but not Death Note?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 6:48:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Agreed, Death Note is awesome.

Naruto is also good, although there is far too much filler in the anime series.

Bleach is amazing right now (I don't read the manga, so no one ruin it for me)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 6:50:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/7/2010 6:47:00 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 11/7/2010 6:45:58 PM, Korashk wrote:
Most of these are good, it's my collection: http://i51.tinypic.com...

You have digimon but not Death Note?

I watched Death Note on Adult Swim and my computer doesn't have any memory left. I literally have 3 GB that has to last me until Christmas.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 6:51:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/7/2010 6:48:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Agreed, Death Note is awesome.

Naruto is also good, although there is far too much filler in the anime series.

Bleach is amazing right now (I don't read the manga, so no one ruin it for me)

If you're watching them as they're released in the states then the episodes you're watching is a huge steaming pile of "not in the manga."
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 6:57:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/7/2010 6:48:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Agreed, Death Note is awesome.

It is (Korashk, thats a shame. I hope you get a computer with better memory)

Naruto is also good, although there is far too much filler in the anime series.

Watch the japanese (original) version with sub titles, I have been informed that Naruto never actually says "believe it"

Bleach is amazing right now (I don't read the manga, so no one ruin it for me)

Lol I started reading it, never watched any of it.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 7:08:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/7/2010 6:57:56 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 11/7/2010 6:48:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Agreed, Death Note is awesome.

It is (Korashk, thats a shame. I hope you get a computer with better memory)

Don't really need more memory, I just need an external hard drive. That folder and my, umm, other movie folder takes up ~300 GB.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 7:11:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
@lovelife

Gasp, how dare you. Of course I watch the Japanese version of Naruto - always have. It still has copious amounts of filler.

On Bleach, I switched from the American version to the Japanese so I could know what happens without waiting.

Death Note is all on Hulu, for those who care.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Sobriquet
Posts: 390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 7:12:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/7/2010 6:48:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Bleach is amazing right now (I don't read the manga, so no one ruin it for me)

In total agreement.
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 7:13:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/7/2010 7:08:26 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 11/7/2010 6:57:56 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 11/7/2010 6:48:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Agreed, Death Note is awesome.

It is (Korashk, thats a shame. I hope you get a computer with better memory)

Don't really need more memory, I just need an external hard drive. That folder and my, umm, other movie folder takes up ~300 GB.

.....okay then. external hard drive now sounds as bad as OP...
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 7:14:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/7/2010 6:51:34 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 11/7/2010 6:48:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Agreed, Death Note is awesome.

Naruto is also good, although there is far too much filler in the anime series.

Bleach is amazing right now (I don't read the manga, so no one ruin it for me)

If you're watching them as they're released in the states then the episodes you're watching is a huge steaming pile of "not in the manga."

Wait wait? The one time I read ahead into the manga for Bleach, it was the fight with Ulquiorra, and everything I read did eventually happen in the show. I don't think the stuff with Aizen is filler...

Can you clarify?

Oh wait, I watch the Japanese version now, is that what you mean? Are the English dubs different? And if so, how? I started watching the English ones then switched when they ran out.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Sobriquet
Posts: 390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 7:14:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/7/2010 6:45:58 PM, Korashk wrote:
Most of these are good, it's my collection: http://i51.tinypic.com...

Nice collection, and nice background. Had that one myself for a long while.
"Bullsh!t is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about."
— Harry G. Frankfurt
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 7:14:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/7/2010 7:11:13 PM, bluesteel wrote:
@lovelife

Gasp, how dare you. Of course I watch the Japanese version of Naruto - always have. It still has copious amounts of filler.

Okay, try reading it?

On Bleach, I switched from the American version to the Japanese so I could know what happens without waiting.

nothing like impatience.

Death Note is all on Hulu, for those who care.

All those who care know, Death Note <3
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 7:17:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/7/2010 7:14:54 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 11/7/2010 7:11:13 PM, bluesteel wrote:
@lovelife

Gasp, how dare you. Of course I watch the Japanese version of Naruto - always have. It still has copious amounts of filler.

Okay, try reading it?

I do read ahead (for the storyline) because I get impatient, but watching the action scenes in the anime is far more gratifying than in the manga. It's hard to even tell what is happening during fights in the manga.

Lol, I also started reading so I could tell what was filler and what wasn't, so I would know when to start watching again.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 7:18:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/7/2010 7:14:16 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/7/2010 6:51:34 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 11/7/2010 6:48:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Agreed, Death Note is awesome.

Naruto is also good, although there is far too much filler in the anime series.

Bleach is amazing right now (I don't read the manga, so no one ruin it for me)

If you're watching them as they're released in the states then the episodes you're watching is a huge steaming pile of "not in the manga."

Wait wait? The one time I read ahead into the manga for Bleach, it was the fight with Ulquiorra, and everything I read did eventually happen in the show. I don't think the stuff with Aizen is filler...

Can you clarify?

Oh wait, I watch the Japanese version now, is that what you mean? Are the English dubs different? And if so, how? I started watching the English ones then switched when they ran out.

Dubbed tends to be censored, and sometimes entire episodes need taken out, and replaced, alot of times leading to having to get BACK on "topic" causing around 4-5 filler episodes.
Most common in Naruto, but happens in pretty much every anime.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 7:18:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/7/2010 7:17:32 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 11/7/2010 7:14:54 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 11/7/2010 7:11:13 PM, bluesteel wrote:
@lovelife

Gasp, how dare you. Of course I watch the Japanese version of Naruto - always have. It still has copious amounts of filler.

Okay, try reading it?

I do read ahead (for the storyline) because I get impatient, but watching the action scenes in the anime is far more gratifying than in the manga. It's hard to even tell what is happening during fights in the manga.

Lol, I also started reading so I could tell what was filler and what wasn't, so I would know when to start watching again.

Lol
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 7:19:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/7/2010 7:14:16 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Wait wait? The one time I read ahead into the manga for Bleach, it was the fight with Ulquiorra, and everything I read did eventually happen in the show. I don't think the stuff with Aizen is filler...

Can you clarify?

Oh wait, I watch the Japanese version now, is that what you mean? Are the English dubs different? And if so, how? I started watching the English ones then switched when they ran out.

Right now in the ones being aired in America they cut off the show after the fight between Ichigo and Grimmjow and are airing an arc unrelated to everything in the show where they introduced Captain Aizen's replacement and Ichigo is protecting a princess from some ninja shinigami.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown