Super Smash Bros. Mafia Day Phase 3

mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 3:21:12 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Dead Players List:

1. wjmelements1 (Snake, the Serial Killer, lynched in Day Phase 1)
"You are bulletproof during the night, although you can be lynched.
Each night, you can perform one of the following actions:
1) Select one player as a target, and plant a C4 explosive in their "house."
2) Activate the remote control, detonating all C4 explosives and killing everybody in any targeted house before they get a chance to leave their "house."
3) Activate the remote control, detonating all C4 explosives and killing everybody who remains in or visits a targeted "house."
4) Plant a mine in the next Day Phase thread, instantly killing the first person who posts anything that includes any phrase of at least two words that you pre-determined within this step.
You are a third-party, and have no communications."

2. TheLwerd (Pikachu, the Mason Doctor, found dead with large bite marks, 2D key stuck in back, and with no tail)
"Each Night Phase, you target one player. If that player is targeted to die, that player does not die.
You are a Mason, and can communicate with other Masons in the Mason thread."
NOTE: If the person protected by Pikachu was not targeted, that person would be paralyzed. A paralyzed person may not participate in group PM's, post in the Day Phase Thread, or use his or her role.

3. AFT (Ganondorf, the Vengeful Usurper, found stabbed by Master Sword)
"Your goal is to get the Godfather, ???, killed at some point before yourself. When you succeed, you then win above the Mafia, and take over ???'s duties as Godfather.
Additionally, should you be lynched, you get the chance to kill any one person who voted for you (even the Godfather, which would count).
You are a Mafia member, and communicate with the Mafia members in the Mafia thread."

4. JBlake (Meta Knight, the Innocent Mafia, found with wild scratch marks and mask sliced in two.)
"Whenever you are investigated, you appear innocent, although you can still be tracked.
You are a Mafia member, and communicate with other Mafia members in the Mafia thread."

5. LeafRod (???, pile of ashes)
"???"

==============================

Active Players List:

1. Nags
2. Logical Master
3. KRFournier
4. alex_hanson911
5. philosophical
6. Rezzealaux
7. Harlan
8. Clockwork
9. InquireTruth
10. Cody_Franklin
11. I-am-a-Panda
12. Ragnar_Rahl
13. Ournamestoolong
14. Puck
15. wjmelements2
16. wonderwoman
17. ToastOfDestiny
18. untitled_entity
19. AngelEngine
20. Vi_Veri
21. pcmbrown
22. acer
23. crackofdawn_jr
24. leet4A1
25. SportsGuru

=============================

Stories:
http://www.debate.org...
Everybody crowded around the flat man.
"Kill him! He slaughtered Pikachu! He is a fool!"
Suddenly, an angel stepped out and commanded the people to stop.
"Why shouldn't we kill him?" they asked.
"We're not ready yet!"
"Well, that's a lame excuse!"
"Okay, how about this... his soul has been purified! He has been granted by the gods a brain, and common sense!"
The people seemed to like this idea. They withheld from lynching the flat man.

http://www.debate.org...
The masked one heard a man drop down onto his ship. He did not appreciate intruders interrupting his business.
He pointed his sword at the man and commanded him, "Fight me!"
Big mistake.
He had just enough time to see the golded broadsword hit him square between the eyes, slicing his disguise in two.

Good luck.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 3:22:36 PM
first post
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 3:23:28 PM
"???"

What does that mean?
-Mark Twain

- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 3:24:46 PM
At 10/16/2009 3:23:28 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:
"???"

What does that mean?

That means that your medical examiner, whoever that is, has no way to put together LR's corpse and determine who LR was.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 3:26:49 PM
Seems we have

A) A Janitor role, which is probably one shot

OR

B) A killing role which disintegrates the body.

I'm betting on the latter
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 3:27:47 PM

Possibly Samus?
-Mark Twain

- William Shakespeare

- Adolf Hitler
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 3:32:11 PM
At 10/16/2009 3:27:47 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:

Possibly Samus?

WIN!
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 3:43:04 PM
At 10/16/2009 3:32:11 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Possibly Samus?

WIN!

Except samus was already claimed as bullet proof;

Possible killers:

Fire: Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Charizard, Captain Falcon maybe (Falcon Punch), Yoshi, Kirby with a copy, Lucas, Ness

Laser: Samus (if wonderwoman lied), all the Star Fox characters, R.O.B.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 3:44:42 PM
Mongeese: Even if the "medical examiner" cannot tell what LeafRod is, shouldn't we still get a story as to how he was killed, since it contains info not privy to the medical examiner and thus would not be affected.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 3:45:28 PM
At 10/16/2009 3:43:04 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

Possibly Samus?

WIN!

Possible killers:

Fire: Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Charizard, Captain Falcon maybe (Falcon Punch), Yoshi, Kirby with a copy, Lucas, Ness

Zero Samus mayhaps?
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 3:46:25 PM
At 10/16/2009 3:45:28 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/16/2009 3:43:04 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

Possibly Samus?

WIN!

Possible killers:

Zero Samus mayhaps?

The Samus role implies that Samus becomes Zero-Suit Samus when one night kill is attemped at her.
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 4:45:28 PM
At 10/16/2009 4:27:47 PM, LeafRod wrote:
You forgot BrandonClark from your dead players list.

No, it's said he was saved by an angel (Governor).
-Mark Twain

- William Shakespeare

- Adolf Hitler
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 5:29:08 PM
Oh, almost forgot. Story shows no reason to not believe L-M's cult alliance, thus for reasons stated last day phase:

I vote to lynch Logical-Master,
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 5:52:50 PM
At 10/16/2009 5:29:08 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
Oh, almost forgot. Story shows no reason to not believe L-M's cult alliance, thus for reasons stated last day phase:

SportsGuru has been pretty interested in lynching Logical-Master on the grounds that he might be cult. Now, while I don't think L-M is off the hook, niether do I think the evidence is mounting. Encouraging overzealousness towards bagging cult members seems scummy: something mafia would do as a diversion.

I vote to lynch SportsGuru.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 6:02:11 PM
At 10/16/2009 5:52:50 PM, KRFournier wrote:
At 10/16/2009 5:29:08 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

SportsGuru has been pretty interested in lynching Logical-Master on the grounds that he might be cult. Now, while I don't think L-M is off the hook, niether do I think the evidence is mounting. Encouraging overzealousness towards bagging cult members seems scummy: something mafia would do as a diversion.

I vote to lynch SportsGuru.

I voted at the beginning of last day phase for L-M to A get his reaction and B that really was the only lead we had other than B-C's not-so-wonderful playing. My vote remained on him for the whole day phase because by the time I got on again, the day phase had ended with a Brandon-Clark lynch.

We have to remember that as the town, we must defeat the mafia AND the cult to win. In Panda's game, the fact that the town did not pay attention to the cult almost gave us the win. If you have another lead, I'll be glad to hear it, but L-M being cult is the only relatively strong one I see right now. I would much rather lynch someone on the basis of the story vs inactivity.
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 6:13:09 PM
SportsGuru, I agree that we don't have much to go on. And it makes sense that the town has two adversaries. However, the greater enemy is the mafia, and I am keeping my eye out for any tactic the mafia might use against us. For instance, causing us to focus on the cult.

Like you said, we don't really have any other leads, but I consider you just as much a small lead as L-M.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 6:20:52 PM
I understand that you want to consider how all actions may be in fact signs of guilt, even votes, and I agree with most of your post, except for one part.

At 10/16/2009 6:13:09 PM, KRFournier wrote:

However, the greater enemy is the mafia

Why? They have the same mafia advantage has an informed minority, have a killing ability if we are right about Ike, AND can grow, unlike the mafia, making previously innocent players guilty. Especially since we have taken out two mafioso already, it would be foolish to simply ignore the cult.

Now, I will certainly take an opportunity to kill a mafia if available, but (to use a hunting analogy) we must make sure to not pass up a perfect shot on a buck just because one with bigger horns is somewhere else in the woods
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 7:25:31 PM
I know in the last game, where I was mafia, just about all our eggs were in the basket of hoping for cult focus.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 7:27:15 PM
At 10/16/2009 7:25:31 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I know in the last game, where I was mafia, just about all our eggs were in the basket of hoping for cult focus.

And in Panda's game, we (the cult) hoped for complete mafia focus and ignoring the cult. It works both ways.
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 7:50:20 PM
At 10/16/2009 6:20:52 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

Why? They have the same mafia advantage has an informed minority, have a killing ability if we are right about Ike, AND can grow, unlike the mafia, making previously innocent players guilty. Especially since we have taken out two mafioso already, it would be foolish to simply ignore the cult.

Hypothetically, let's say the cult grow and grow until we're all cult members. Then, if the cult wins, we win. You see what I mean. Whether I survive the mafia as a townie or a cult makes no difference so long as I beat them.

On the other hand, let's say we focus on cult. The mafia use this to buy time and pick off townies AND cult. The point is, mafia gain by distracting us from seeking them out.

This is why I'm suspicious of anyone overly (in my opinion) focused on cult. I find it scummy.
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 8:02:29 PM
At 10/16/2009 7:50:20 PM, KRFournier wrote:
At 10/16/2009 6:20:52 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

Hypothetically, let's say the cult grow and grow until we're all cult members. Then, if the cult wins, we win. You see what I mean. Whether I survive the mafia as a townie or a cult makes no difference so long as I beat them.

On the other hand, let's say we focus on cult. The mafia use this to buy time and pick off townies AND cult. The point is, mafia gain by distracting us from seeking them out.

This is why I'm suspicious of anyone overly (in my opinion) focused on cult. I find it scummy.

I understand what you are saying, but the same thing can be applied to cult. Lets say we focus on the mafia. The cult uses this time to pick off other players and to recruit. The cult wins when they have at least 50% of the votes, not when they have everyone in the game. Thus anyone who was killed, or was not "lucky" enough to be recruited loses. Both mafia and cult recieve the same benefits from distracting the town with the other, and townies bear the same risk when they ignore either one.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 9:06:02 PM
Cool, we're in the third day-phase and we've already eliminated 2 mafia members and one serial killer. We're on a good track.

So, has anyone interpreted the stories yet?
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 9:21:58 PM
At 10/16/2009 8:02:29 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

... The cult wins when they have at least 50% of the votes, not when they have everyone in the game. ...

That's a good point. I totally overlooked this. Hmmm. That still doesn't change the fact that mafia would want to distract us from pursuing mafia. I'll join you in lynching L-M. Like I said, I don't think he's confirmed innocent in anyway. However, even if he turns out to be cult, I'll be keeping my eye on you unless you can be confirmed by the cop. And if he turns up innocent, you can expect my vote next phase for sure.

Unvote SportsGuru.

Lynch Logical-Master.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2009 9:24:35 PM
Town, I am a MASON.

There were 2 original masons: Lwerd the Doctor, and the Recruiter (who I won't name for obvious reasons). The 2 original masons could not be recruited by the cult; if they were, their loyalty HAD to be to the masons. On the first night, I was recruited to the masons, and our recruiter was simultaneously recruited to the cult. I have no reason to lie about this. If I were lying, then the real mason(s) would come forward.

Because the mason recruiter has to have loyalty to us, he told us everything. First, he revealed who the cult members were, and their roles: LM is the cult recruiter, Philosophical is the back-up cult recruiter, and LeafRod was the cult vigilante (who was one of the fire emblem characters that was responsible for killing Lwerd). I knew this information yesterday and that's why I encouraged the vigilante to kill LM. I can also copy and paste the PMs between the cult that our recruiter has subsequently copy and pasted for us (the masons) to see : )

The reason I have decided to come forward with this information is because I believe it won't be long before I die anyway (I was role blocked by someone last night). Also, I believe it is essential to the town that the cult be taken out, because they have not 1 but 2 recruiters, and also because I didn't know that LeafRod was going to die and as the cult vigilante he could have continued to do a lot of damage... not to mention that the cult was severely over-powered in this regard, which we felt was really harmful to the town.

By coming out with this, it may put my life in jeopardy, but it will also establish me as a confirmed townie. Also, if the mafia decides to waste their night kill on me tonight, then it means that they won't kill a more important townie, which is good for our team. So, I'm taking my chances and coming forward with this information. We should kill these cult members today -- because if the cult grows too big, it will essentially become a cult vs. mafia game. In my opinion, we should look to see who was already suspicious, and then continued to add to that suspicion by encouraging a hasty lynch of BrandonClark who was OBVIOUSLY the JOAT.

LYNCH LOGICAL-MASTER.

Vigilante, kill philosophical tonight!
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.