Total Posts:130|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Super Smash Bros. Mafia Day Phase 4

mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 4:14:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Dead Players List:

1. wjmelements1 (Snake, the Serial Killer, lynched in Day Phase 1)
"You are bulletproof during the night, although you can be lynched.
Each night, you can perform one of the following actions:
1) Select one player as a target, and plant a C4 explosive in their "house."
2) Activate the remote control, detonating all C4 explosives and killing everybody in any targeted house before they get a chance to leave their "house."
3) Activate the remote control, detonating all C4 explosives and killing everybody who remains in or visits a targeted "house."
4) Plant a mine in the next Day Phase thread, instantly killing the first person who posts anything that includes any phrase of at least two words that you pre-determined within this step.
You are a third-party, and have no communications."

2. TheLwerd (Pikachu, the Mason Doctor, found dead with large bite marks, 2D key stuck in back, and with no tail)
"Each Night Phase, you target one player. If that player is targeted to die, that player does not die.
You are a Mason, and can communicate with other Masons in the Mason thread."
NOTE: If the person protected by Pikachu was not targeted, that person would be paralyzed. A paralyzed person may not participate in group PM's, post in the Day Phase Thread, or use his or her role.

3. AFT (Ganondorf, the Vengeful Usurper, found stabbed by Master Sword)
"Your goal is to get the Godfather, ???, killed at some point before yourself. When you succeed, you then win above the Mafia, and take over ???'s duties as Godfather.
Additionally, should you be lynched, you get the chance to kill any one person who voted for you (even the Godfather, which would count).
You are a Mafia member, and communicate with the Mafia members in the Mafia thread."

4. JBlake (Meta Knight, the Innocent Mafia, found with wild scratch marks and mask sliced in two)
"Whenever you are investigated, you appear innocent, although you can still be tracked.
You are a Mafia member, and communicate with other Mafia members in the Mafia thread."

5. LeafRod (???, pile of ashes)
"???"

6. Vi_Veri (Captain Olimar, found burned by a flame)
"During the first Day Phase, your vote holds no weight. With each additional Day Phase, your vote counts one more, to a maximum of six votes by the seventh Day Phase.
You are a townie, and have no communications."

7. philosphical (Roy the Back-up Recruiter, hit by an arrow in the back)
"After the first Cult recruiter dies, you take over the recruiting for him, continuing to recruit one player every other night. He'll have to tell you the recruiting rules.
You are a Cult member, and communicate with other Cult members in the Cult thread."

8 ournamestoolong (Mario, a Super Mario Bro., found with wild scratch marks)
"When Luigi dies, you get to know who killed him.
You are a townie, and can communicate with Luigi in the Super Mario Bros. thread."
==============================

Active Players List:

1. Nags
2. Logical Master
3. KRFournier
4. alex_hanson911
5. Rezzealaux
6. Harlan
7. Clockwork
8. InquireTruth
9. Cody_Franklin
10. I-am-a-Panda
11. Ragnar_Rahl
12. Puck
13. wjmelements2
14. wonderwoman
15. ToastOfDestiny
16. untitled_entity
17. tkubok
18. pcmbrown
19. acer
20. crackofdawn_jr
21. leet4A1
22. SportsGuru

=============================

Stories:
http://www.debate.org...
The alien approached his target... and tried to eat him. But he was blocked! He instead ate... another alien. Great. While he was trying to swallow, he was approached by a man in a cape.
"Join our side. We shall win. You are our last hope."
The puffball nodded, and finally swallowed.
At the same time, an arrow launched itself into the back of the man, who fell over, gasping for breath.
"Go now. You are our last hope...."

http://www.debate.org...
The two mustachioed brothers sat at the table.
"...Wow, sure is peaceful today, eh Bro?"
The red one nodded.
"Makes a guy feel lucky, having a peaceful day.... Yup, reeeeeal peaceful. It's so peaceful, it's almost a little bit boring. It makes you want a... KERBLOOEY! Y'know? Some kind of shocking event...."
Suddenly, in a blue blur, the red one was found dead on the floor, covered in scatches.
"Oh, no...."

Good luck.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 4:23:16 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/18/2009 4:14:58 PM, mongoose wrote:

Dead Players List:
6. Vi_Veri (Captain Olimar, found burned by a flame)
"During the first Day Phase, your vote holds no weight. With each additional Day Phase, your vote counts one more, to a maximum of six votes by the seventh Day Phase.
You are a townie, and have no communications."

7. philosphical (Roy the Back-up Recruiter, hit by an arrow in the back)
"After the first Cult recruiter dies, you take over the recruiting for him, continuing to recruit one player every other night. He'll have to tell you the recruiting rules.
You are a Cult member, and communicate with other Cult members in the Cult thread."
Link/Young Link = Vigilante.

=============================

Stories:
http://www.debate.org...
The alien approached his target... and tried to eat him. But he was blocked! He instead ate... another alien. Great. While he was trying to swallow, he was approached by a man in a cape.
Kirby, who has a mimic ability, was blocked or redirected into eating Olimar (Vi Veri). The cult recruiter approaches him.

"Join our side. We shall win. You are our last hope."
The puffball nodded, and finally swallowed.
At the same time, an arrow launched itself into the back of the man, who fell over, gasping for breath.
"Go now. You are our last hope...."
Kirby joins the Cult. The recruiter (Philosophical) is killed by Link/Young Link, the vigilante.

http://www.debate.org...
The two mustachioed brothers sat at the table.
"...Wow, sure is peaceful today, eh Bro?"
The red one nodded.
"Makes a guy feel lucky, having a peaceful day.... Yup, reeeeeal peaceful. It's so peaceful, it's almost a little bit boring. It makes you want a... KERBLOOEY! Y'know? Some kind of shocking event...."
Suddenly, in a blue blur, the red one was found dead on the floor, covered in scatches.
"Oh, no...."
Sonic kills Mario. Is Sonic a serial killer or some form of 3rd party?
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 4:27:40 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Looking at some characters to see who killed Vi. It could be Bowser, Captain Falcon, Pokemon Trainer (Charizard), Roy, or Fox/Falco (with their jetpacks).

Why isn't LM on the list? Didn't we lynch him yesterday?
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 4:28:30 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/18/2009 4:26:54 PM, pcmbrown wrote:
Multiple vigilantes?
It's either Link or Young Link. Judging by their photos, my bet is Young Link. Sonic may be another vigilante.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
pcmbrown
Posts: 198
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 4:30:12 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/18/2009 4:23:16 PM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
Link/Young Link = Vigilante.

Why not Pit?
"Did I shock you with this discovery.? Of curse not..!!"-banker
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 4:32:04 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
We think Pit was the governor b/c he brought back BrandonClark from being lynched.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 4:34:09 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
He was Roy, right?
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
pcmbrown
Posts: 198
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 4:34:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/18/2009 4:28:30 PM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
At 10/18/2009 4:26:54 PM, pcmbrown wrote:
Multiple vigilantes?
It's either Link or Young Link. Judging by their photos, my bet is Young Link. Sonic may be another vigilante.

Since the master sword was used before, Link seems more likely than Young Link, though it could be both
"Did I shock you with this discovery.? Of curse not..!!"-banker
SportsGuru
Posts: 1,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 4:40:02 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/18/2009 4:38:02 PM, Nags wrote:
All of the cult (according to Vi) are dead now, right?

Kirby was recruited last night; we have one left.

On that note, we can scratch off Olimar as a claimable character, and anyone who claims Kirby...well it should be pretty obvious what to do.
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 4:41:54 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I think I may know who Kirby is. Give me a bit to ruminate.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
SportsGuru
Posts: 1,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 4:42:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/18/2009 4:40:02 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
At 10/18/2009 4:38:02 PM, Nags wrote:
All of the cult (according to Vi) are dead now, right?

Kirby was recruited last night; we have one left.

On that note, we can scratch off Olimar as a claimable character, and anyone who claims Kirby...well it should be pretty obvious what to do.

Oops, did not notice that Vi_Veri was Olimar. Though, this brings up an interesting question. If being eaten=kill, Ollimar would not of been found burned by a flame. So, what does the action equate to?
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 4:44:42 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/18/2009 4:42:48 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
At 10/18/2009 4:40:02 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
At 10/18/2009 4:38:02 PM, Nags wrote:
All of the cult (according to Vi) are dead now, right?

Kirby was recruited last night; we have one left.

On that note, we can scratch off Olimar as a claimable character, and anyone who claims Kirby...well it should be pretty obvious what to do.

Oops, did not notice that Vi_Veri was Olimar. Though, this brings up an interesting question. If being eaten=kill, Ollimar would not of been found burned by a flame. So, what does the action equate to?

Double kill. Players have been multi targeted before.
SportsGuru
Posts: 1,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 4:47:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/18/2009 4:44:42 PM, Puck wrote:
At 10/18/2009 4:42:48 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
At 10/18/2009 4:40:02 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
At 10/18/2009 4:38:02 PM, Nags wrote:
All of the cult (according to Vi) are dead now, right?

Kirby was recruited last night; we have one left.

On that note, we can scratch off Olimar as a claimable character, and anyone who claims Kirby...well it should be pretty obvious what to do.

Oops, did not notice that Vi_Veri was Olimar. Though, this brings up an interesting question. If being eaten=kill, Ollimar would not of been found burned by a flame. So, what does the action equate to?

Double kill. Players have been multi targeted before.

Yeah, but then I wonder why there was no hint to the doer of the other kill, other than burned by flame.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 4:51:26 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Seems to me like there might be more than one of just about everything in this game, so traditional power roles aren't as important.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 4:52:25 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Except that Kirby was blocked. Was he redirected?
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
Clockwork
Posts: 349
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 5:02:22 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
It seems to me that the description of the Luigi/Mario connection implies that Luigi should know who killed Mario as well.
Felonial Disenfranchisement: http://www.debate.org...
Poverty v. Environmental Protection: http://www.debate.org...
On God and Free Will: http://www.debate.org...
ournamestoolong
Posts: 1,059
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 5:18:39 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I don't get why I would be killed. Still, I am confident my partner will do well in this game.
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 5:28:18 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/18/2009 5:18:39 PM, ournamestoolong wrote:
I don't get why I would be killed. Still, I am confident my partner will do well in this game.

The town doesn't stand a chance in this game :)
President of DDO
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 5:33:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Very creative role for Captain Olimar. Although mongeese and mongoose might be a bit experienced, they've definitely come up with cool roles.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 5:35:57 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/18/2009 5:33:06 PM, LeafRod wrote:
Very creative role for Captain Olimar. Although mongeese and mongoose might be a bit inexperienced, they've definitely come up with cool roles.

Agreed. The roles are awesome.
President of DDO
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 5:36:37 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Why I suspect CrackofDawnJr is Kirby and Cult:

At the end of the last day phase he was inquiring as to my role and allegiance as a cult member - Panda added what he thought my allegiance was (cult - after Vi_Veri had revealed the original Mason's clause(!)) - philosphical then tried to confirm and get night actions to target me, for which he was mod reprimanded with the mod confirmation of my town allegiance.

Now - a town member targeted me last night and was redirected to Vi_Veri, the same town member was recruited by cult. It's fairly stupid to target a mod confirmed townie by another townie - however it happened - and CrackofDawnJr's inquiry into my allegiance occurred just prior to the mod statement which he may of missed.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 5:43:10 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
That said (let's not forget CrackofdawnJr knows the mods, so like wjm, having a good role is not surprising)- the town should still concentrate on Mafia, as we have successfully killed the two cult recruiters. As such the suspicion should at this stage turn to those players who are suspiciously absent from larger discourse in an attempt to pass by unnoticed..

There are several quiet players at present: tkubok, Acer, Rezzealaux,leet41, pcmbrown.

To get this day started vote: lynch Rezzealaux.
crackofdawn_Jr
Posts: 1,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 5:43:45 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/18/2009 5:36:37 PM, Puck wrote:
Why I suspect CrackofDawnJr is Kirby and Cult:

At the end of the last day phase he was inquiring as to my role and allegiance as a cult member - Panda added what he thought my allegiance was (cult - after Vi_Veri had revealed the original Mason's clause(!)) - philosphical then tried to confirm and get night actions to target me, for which he was mod reprimanded with the mod confirmation of my town allegiance.

Now - a town member targeted me last night and was redirected to Vi_Veri, the same town member was recruited by cult. It's fairly stupid to target a mod confirmed townie by another townie - however it happened - and CrackofDawnJr's inquiry into my allegiance occurred just prior to the mod statement which he may of missed.

Yes, I did ask about your allegiance and I'm still confused about it. So, you're part of the masons but also part of the cult. That's what I don't get, how can you be both?
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 5:48:51 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/18/2009 5:43:45 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:

Yes, I did ask about your allegiance and I'm still confused about it. So, you're part of the masons but also part of the cult. That's what I don't get, how can you be both?

Did you read past where you posted yesterday? As an original Mason, if recruited, I become an auto spy for the Masons with no opportunity to become Cult.
SportsGuru
Posts: 1,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2009 5:53:15 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I agree with your analysis on crackofdawn but here is where I become confused:

At 10/18/2009 5:43:10 PM, Puck wrote:
That said (let's not forget CrackofdawnJr knows the mods, so like wjm, having a good role is not surprising)- the town should still concentrate on Mafia, as we have successfully killed the two cult recruiters. As such the suspicion should at this stage turn to those players who are suspiciously absent from larger discourse in an attempt to pass by unnoticed..

There are several quiet players at present: tkubok, Acer, Rezzealaux,leet41, pcmbrown.

To get this day started vote: lynch Rezzealaux.

You have a solid suspicion as to the final cult member, yet you just let them be? If Kirby is in fact a killing role, as he seems to be, the cult is basically a one person mafia. I know that we need to weed out mafia and inactivity, but if we have a solid suspicion as to a killing 3rd party, why wouldn't we go with that first?