Jump to topic:

Top 10 professions that attract psychopaths

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 5:01:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Apparently these professions have the highest percentage of psychopaths among their ranks... Go figure....

http://www.myfoxorlando.com...

1) CEO

2) Lawyer

3) Media (tv/radio)

4) Salesperson

5) Surgeon

6) Journalist

7) Police officer

8) Clergy

9) Chef

10) Civil servant
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 12:43:46 AM
Heh.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 1:00:56 AM
At 1/5/2013 11:26:40 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
I expected writer and composer to be on there.

I bet you that would be on a list of professions with a high percentage of individuals with depression, not psychopaths.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 2:54:54 AM

Look no further than the Religion forum. Psychopath indeed.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
RationalMadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 8:27:58 AM
I would definitely have thought assassin and CIA agent would have been there.
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 11:54:10 AM
That would be the careers 90% of the people on this site are pursuing.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 1:05:52 PM
At 1/6/2013 2:54:54 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

Look no further than the Religion forum. Psychopath indeed.
I think he takes that as a compliment.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 1:49:20 PM
At 1/6/2013 11:54:10 AM, sadolite wrote:

lol yep... that's 50% of the reason why I posted it here...
:
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 1:52:37 PM
At 1/5/2013 5:01:00 PM, Oryus wrote:
2) Lawyer

Muahahahaaha!
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 1:56:24 PM
At 1/6/2013 1:49:20 PM, Oryus wrote:

What was the other 50%?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 1:57:00 PM
At 1/6/2013 1:56:24 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/6/2013 1:49:20 PM, Oryus wrote:

What was the other 50%?

It's interesting.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 1:57:34 PM
At 1/6/2013 1:52:37 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/5/2013 5:01:00 PM, Oryus wrote:
2) Lawyer

Muahahahaaha!

Aspiration in life- sex, money, power.

Yep. This thread is about you.
:
annieyap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 9:14:03 PM
Seriously? hmmm...
Cheap Bus Fare from Singapore to and fro Malaysia ---> www.easibook.com
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2013 12:15:13 AM
At 1/7/2013 9:14:03 PM, annieyap wrote:
Seriously? hmmm...

Nope. They made it all up.
:
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2013 12:31:11 AM
My first thought when I read the thread title was Quentin Tarantino. I feel like there's some serious sublimation going on there but I digress...

CEO and Lawyer are not suprising, what with the need for power. Also, success in those profession is often due to traits associated with Anti-Social Personality Disorder. I can also be that being the case with a surgeon, having to separate their work life from their home life and just do the job; as well as having the utmost respect from other people, thus power and influence. Police Officer is also pretty clear; need for power and authority and ability to sublimate otherwise "undesirable" desires.

What's surprising to me is Media and Journalist :/ It'd be interesting if the article had explained theories why.
yang.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2013 12:40:21 AM
At 1/8/2013 12:31:11 AM, tulle wrote:
My first thought when I read the thread title was Quentin Tarantino. I feel like there's some serious sublimation going on there but I digress...

CEO and Lawyer are not suprising, what with the need for power. Also, success in those profession is often due to traits associated with Anti-Social Personality Disorder. I can also be that being the case with a surgeon, having to separate their work life from their home life and just do the job; as well as having the utmost respect from other people, thus power and influence. Police Officer is also pretty clear; need for power and authority and ability to sublimate otherwise "undesirable" desires.

What's surprising to me is Media and Journalist :/ It'd be interesting if the article had explained theories why.

I think it was actually an entire book that this came from.

And as for Quentin Tarantino, have you seen all his movies? They tend to be his imagined revenge fantasies of absurdly exploited people. It's not really just people overpowering others for the sake of overpowering them.
:
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2013 12:43:39 AM
Whoops, I didn't realize there was text above the list in the link... More detail would be nice though. I mean, it is strange when journalists/media personalities report a horrific story with gravity, then turn their head to the next camera and report something lighthearted or with enthusiasm or lightness. But I don't see why psychopaths would be attracted to that over any other profession that involves vicarious trauma (eg. social work, psychology).
yang.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2013 12:46:15 AM
At 1/8/2013 12:43:39 AM, tulle wrote:
Whoops, I didn't realize there was text above the list in the link... More detail would be nice though. I mean, it is strange when journalists/media personalities report a horrific story with gravity, then turn their head to the next camera and report something lighthearted or with enthusiasm or lightness. But I don't see why psychopaths would be attracted to that over any other profession that involves vicarious trauma (eg. social work, psychology).

Yeah, those professions stood out to me too. Maybe it is the narcissism necessary to be on t.v. all the time and assume the general public gives a sh1t about your opinions day in and day out. haha
:
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2013 12:51:54 AM
At 1/8/2013 12:40:21 AM, Oryus wrote:

I think it was actually an entire book that this came from.

And as for Quentin Tarantino, have you seen all his movies? They tend to be his imagined revenge fantasies of absurdly exploited people. It's not really just people overpowering others for the sake of overpowering them.

I've seen a few of his movies, but all that really stands out to me is the gore and violence.

I wasn't really thinking about power... I was thinking more the unecessary gore and violence. It takes a special person to come up with those kinds of things. And this lol http://www.cracked.com...
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2013 12:52:52 AM
At 1/8/2013 12:46:15 AM, Oryus wrote:

Yeah, those professions stood out to me too. Maybe it is the narcissism necessary to be on t.v. all the time and assume the general public gives a sh1t about your opinions day in and day out. haha

Trueee lol.
yang.