Jump to topic:

Who likes to watch "the office"?

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2009 10:38:57 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
It's my favorite show, too. I seem to have a thing for office-based comedies for some reason; I also enjoy News Radio and Dilbert, which is strange because I've never had an office job.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2009 8:32:10 PM
I hope your talking about the original office?
"If you could tell the world but one truth, I could convince it of a thousand lies"
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2009 8:33:39 PM
At 10/24/2009 7:49:56 AM, NSG wrote:
My fav. show is "the office"!

Why do you like the show?

Who is your fav. character in the show?

Love it!!!!!!

I like Mike and who does not like jim.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2009 8:46:27 PM
At 10/24/2009 7:58:21 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I should watch it, but I'm lazy like that

I used to never watch shows that had a running story line to keep track of either, but you can just rent DVDs of shows or use Hulu.com, like I do. I don't like having to sit in front of the TV at a specific time and day in order watch a show I like. I hardly ever use the TV anymore, just watch stuff on the internet. /infomercial (ugh)

And the office is great. It requires a huge suspension of disbelief (at how incredibly unrealistic the workplace is) to enjoy it, but it's worth it, I guess. I've only seen like the first two episodes of the British The Office, and it seemed allright.
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2009 9:44:57 PM
I watch it regularly now. At first, Michael's character was too over the top, almost frustratingly so. Now that there have been some episodes showing him acting a little more human, I can enjoy him more.

Jim' pranks on Dwight is the absolute best. But don't underestimate Kevin. I loved it when Holly thought he was mentally slow.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 4:19:20 AM
The British version is best,

the first episode of the american version was a painful poor man's version, after that they appear to make it into something decent, but still not as good!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 3:06:31 PM
New episode tonight!
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 4:45:19 PM
At 10/29/2009 4:19:20 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
The British version is best,

the first episode of the american version was a painful poor man's version, after that they appear to make it into something decent, but still not as good!

I agree, the original was the best. It was a one-off and the American series is no more than a poor immitation.

That said, I don't think we Brits could emulate classic American comedies like Cheers, Roseanne or Frasier any better.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...