Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

The Death Of Facebook *

inferno
Posts: 10,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2013 9:44:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Good evening my fellow friends. Now how ironic is it that we often idiolize things that are very mortal indeed. Of course you know that many of us are active with the culture of
social online networks. FaceBook is perhaps one of the largest and most talked about forums of our time. But where did it all go wrong ? It was once a household name, and I do believe that 1 in every 5 people do have a FaceBook page. Now, it is becoming or has become a thing of the past. Most people find it to be quite tedious and boring. Not to mention a major waste of precious time. The Timeline itself, is said to be the demise of this ill fated site. I think that it has more to do with this forum being a redundant fad if anything else. They come and then they go. There is steep competition as most prefer the discussion style formats like the one you see here at DDO.
This is why MySpace is no longer the standard of online networks in todays world. What do you think about this.
FaceBook is dead. Just take a look at this link if you dare and let me know what you think. Its sad. It truly is. =)

http://www.businessinsider.com...
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2013 9:48:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
That's not what the article says. It claims that people are not using Facebook on desktops as much. They are instead turning to a mobile Facebook service known as Instagram. Facebook will simply morph into Instagram to survive. It doesn't even need to do that because it still has so many users, however.
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2013 9:53:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/15/2013 9:48:15 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
That's not what the article says. It claims that people are not using Facebook on desktops as much. They are instead turning to a mobile Facebook service known as Instagram. Facebook will simply morph into Instagram to survive. It doesn't even need to do that because it still has so many users, however.

Yes, apparently there's a reading comprehension problem here. Although it would make me happy for FB to die off, it's not what's happening at all. This whole reality-tv / FB thing is going to be here for a while.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
inferno
Posts: 10,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2013 9:56:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/15/2013 9:48:15 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
That's not what the article says. It claims that people are not using Facebook on desktops as much. They are instead turning to a mobile Facebook service known as Instagram. Facebook will simply morph into Instagram to survive. It doesn't even need to do that because it still has so many users, however.

No Royale. People are not using FaceBook period. And it has very much to do with what I just said. In spite of what that specific story told, the death of Facebook is inevitable. It is nothing more than a generic online network where people are basically conversating about superficial things.
The format doesnt really allow us to discuss things in a rational manner most of the time. And it has much to do with the fact that FaceBook is about how narcissitic and shallow a society we have become. The layout is weak. And is is not the discusssion style format that you see in sites such as
DDO, Yahoo Answers, or others that you see out there today.
So where is the influence ? Easy. There is none.
It was all just a bunch of hype. =)
inferno
Posts: 10,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2013 9:57:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/15/2013 9:53:52 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:48:15 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
That's not what the article says. It claims that people are not using Facebook on desktops as much. They are instead turning to a mobile Facebook service known as Instagram. Facebook will simply morph into Instagram to survive. It doesn't even need to do that because it still has so many users, however.

Yes, apparently there's a reading comprehension problem here. Although it would make me happy for FB to die off, it's not what's happening at all. This whole reality-tv / FB thing is going to be here for a while.

Not really. I believe that this story is misleading actually.
People believe that FaceBook is boring. Simple and plain.
And the Timeline layout didnt help at all. It just made the site that much more disconnected or obstructive if anything.
Do you agree.
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2013 10:08:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/15/2013 9:57:34 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:53:52 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:48:15 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
That's not what the article says. It claims that people are not using Facebook on desktops as much. They are instead turning to a mobile Facebook service known as Instagram. Facebook will simply morph into Instagram to survive. It doesn't even need to do that because it still has so many users, however.

Yes, apparently there's a reading comprehension problem here. Although it would make me happy for FB to die off, it's not what's happening at all. This whole reality-tv / FB thing is going to be here for a while.

Not really. I believe that this story is misleading actually.
Then why did you post it?

People believe that FaceBook is boring. Simple and plain.
Unfortunately, most people do not agree with you.

And the Timeline layout didnt help at all. It just made the site that much more disconnected or obstructive if anything.
Do you agree.
I agree that FaceBook is boring but I do not agree that this is the majority view on FB.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
inferno
Posts: 10,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2013 10:11:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/15/2013 10:08:15 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:57:34 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:53:52 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:48:15 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
That's not what the article says. It claims that people are not using Facebook on desktops as much. They are instead turning to a mobile Facebook service known as Instagram. Facebook will simply morph into Instagram to survive. It doesn't even need to do that because it still has so many users, however.

Yes, apparently there's a reading comprehension problem here. Although it would make me happy for FB to die off, it's not what's happening at all. This whole reality-tv / FB thing is going to be here for a while.

Not really. I believe that this story is misleading actually.
Then why did you post it?

It is part of my parodox style.

People believe that FaceBook is boring. Simple and plain.
Unfortunately, most people do not agree with you.

False. Usership has decline greatly and it will be a thing of the past when the next big thing is created.

And the Timeline layout didnt help at all. It just made the site that much more disconnected or obstructive if anything.
Do you agree.
I agree that FaceBook is boring but I do not agree that this is the majority view on FB.

False again. I doubt you are aware of the word of mouth out there now. Yes, it is boring and the facts prove this to be so.
Try viewing some of the FaceBook Sucks pages on.......
You guessed it. FaceBook. =)
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2013 10:24:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/15/2013 10:11:42 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/15/2013 10:08:15 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:57:34 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:53:52 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:48:15 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
That's not what the article says. It claims that people are not using Facebook on desktops as much. They are instead turning to a mobile Facebook service known as Instagram. Facebook will simply morph into Instagram to survive. It doesn't even need to do that because it still has so many users, however.

Yes, apparently there's a reading comprehension problem here. Although it would make me happy for FB to die off, it's not what's happening at all. This whole reality-tv / FB thing is going to be here for a while.

Not really. I believe that this story is misleading actually.
Then why did you post it?

It is part of my parodox style.

People believe that FaceBook is boring. Simple and plain.
Unfortunately, most people do not agree with you.

False. Usership has decline greatly and it will be a thing of the past when the next big thing is created.

And the Timeline layout didnt help at all. It just made the site that much more disconnected or obstructive if anything.
Do you agree.
I agree that FaceBook is boring but I do not agree that this is the majority view on FB.

False again. I doubt you are aware of the word of mouth out there now. Yes, it is boring and the facts prove this to be so.
Try viewing some of the FaceBook Sucks pages on.......
You guessed it. FaceBook. =)

Users are increasing but its growth is slowing.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
inferno
Posts: 10,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2013 10:27:58 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/15/2013 10:24:41 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 1/15/2013 10:11:42 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/15/2013 10:08:15 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:57:34 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:53:52 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:48:15 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
That's not what the article says. It claims that people are not using Facebook on desktops as much. They are instead turning to a mobile Facebook service known as Instagram. Facebook will simply morph into Instagram to survive. It doesn't even need to do that because it still has so many users, however.

Yes, apparently there's a reading comprehension problem here. Although it would make me happy for FB to die off, it's not what's happening at all. This whole reality-tv / FB thing is going to be here for a while.

Not really. I believe that this story is misleading actually.
Then why did you post it?

It is part of my parodox style.

People believe that FaceBook is boring. Simple and plain.
Unfortunately, most people do not agree with you.

False. Usership has decline greatly and it will be a thing of the past when the next big thing is created.

And the Timeline layout didnt help at all. It just made the site that much more disconnected or obstructive if anything.
Do you agree.
I agree that FaceBook is boring but I do not agree that this is the majority view on FB.

False again. I doubt you are aware of the word of mouth out there now. Yes, it is boring and the facts prove this to be so.
Try viewing some of the FaceBook Sucks pages on.......
You guessed it. FaceBook. =)

Users are increasing but its growth is slowing.

False. Users membership is growing. You sign up and create an account. Stay for a few days. Then it dies. Simple. =)
inferno
Posts: 10,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2013 10:30:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/15/2013 10:24:41 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 1/15/2013 10:11:42 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/15/2013 10:08:15 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:57:34 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:53:52 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:48:15 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
That's not what the article says. It claims that people are not using Facebook on desktops as much. They are instead turning to a mobile Facebook service known as Instagram. Facebook will simply morph into Instagram to survive. It doesn't even need to do that because it still has so many users, however.

Yes, apparently there's a reading comprehension problem here. Although it would make me happy for FB to die off, it's not what's happening at all. This whole reality-tv / FB thing is going to be here for a while.

Not really. I believe that this story is misleading actually.
Then why did you post it?

It is part of my parodox style.

People believe that FaceBook is boring. Simple and plain.
Unfortunately, most people do not agree with you.

False. Usership has decline greatly and it will be a thing of the past when the next big thing is created.

And the Timeline layout didnt help at all. It just made the site that much more disconnected or obstructive if anything.
Do you agree.
I agree that FaceBook is boring but I do not agree that this is the majority view on FB.

False again. I doubt you are aware of the word of mouth out there now. Yes, it is boring and the facts prove this to be so.
Try viewing some of the FaceBook Sucks pages on.......
You guessed it. FaceBook. =)

Users are increasing but its growth is slowing.

Half of the users there are virtually "inactive".
Logging in and out just to see whos in your inbox doesnt qualify as fun. =)
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2013 4:11:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/15/2013 10:11:42 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/15/2013 10:08:15 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:57:34 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:53:52 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:48:15 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
That's not what the article says. It claims that people are not using Facebook on desktops as much. They are instead turning to a mobile Facebook service known as Instagram. Facebook will simply morph into Instagram to survive. It doesn't even need to do that because it still has so many users, however.

Yes, apparently there's a reading comprehension problem here. Although it would make me happy for FB to die off, it's not what's happening at all. This whole reality-tv / FB thing is going to be here for a while.

Not really. I believe that this story is misleading actually.
Then why did you post it?

It is part of my parodox style.
Indeed, but I think you meant paradox.

People believe that FaceBook is boring. Simple and plain.
Unfortunately, most people do not agree with you.
False. Usership has decline greatly and it will be a thing of the past when the next big thing is created.
You can say "false" all you want, it still doesn't make it so. It is the most used website bar none. Perhaps this too is your "paradox" style.

And the Timeline layout didnt help at all. It just made the site that much more disconnected or obstructive if anything.
Do you agree.
I agree that FaceBook is boring but I do not agree that this is the majority view on FB.
False again. I doubt you are aware of the word of mouth out there now.
Boy you are pretentious. I can tell you with confidence that you have misplaced your doubts.

Yes, it is boring and the facts prove this to be so.
The only things the facts prove is that FB is quite popular; the rate of increase for new users is decreasing. If you think that that means that they are loosing users, then I guess you also believe that Obama is cutting the deficit!

Try viewing some of the FaceBook Sucks pages on.......
You guessed it. FaceBook. =)
Lol! I don't use FB so I won't go on it. Putting FB Sucks in FB is kinda paradoxical so I guess it's right up your ally!

Half of the users there are virtually "inactive".
Logging in and out just to see whos in your inbox doesnt qualify as fun. =)
Neither does your opinion as to FB's popularity really mater.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
inferno
Posts: 10,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 12:06:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/15/2013 4:11:33 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 1/15/2013 10:11:42 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/15/2013 10:08:15 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:57:34 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:53:52 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 1/15/2013 9:48:15 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
That's not what the article says. It claims that people are not using Facebook on desktops as much. They are instead turning to a mobile Facebook service known as Instagram. Facebook will simply morph into Instagram to survive. It doesn't even need to do that because it still has so many users, however.

Yes, apparently there's a reading comprehension problem here. Although it would make me happy for FB to die off, it's not what's happening at all. This whole reality-tv / FB thing is going to be here for a while.

Not really. I believe that this story is misleading actually.
Then why did you post it?

It is part of my parodox style.
Indeed, but I think you meant paradox.

People believe that FaceBook is boring. Simple and plain.
Unfortunately, most people do not agree with you.
False. Usership has decline greatly and it will be a thing of the past when the next big thing is created.
You can say "false" all you want, it still doesn't make it so. It is the most used website bar none. Perhaps this too is your "paradox" style.

And the Timeline layout didnt help at all. It just made the site that much more disconnected or obstructive if anything.
Do you agree.
I agree that FaceBook is boring but I do not agree that this is the majority view on FB.
False again. I doubt you are aware of the word of mouth out there now.
Boy you are pretentious. I can tell you with confidence that you have misplaced your doubts.

Yes, it is boring and the facts prove this to be so.
The only things the facts prove is that FB is quite popular; the rate of increase for new users is decreasing. If you think that that means that they are loosing users, then I guess you also believe that Obama is cutting the deficit!

Try viewing some of the FaceBook Sucks pages on.......
You guessed it. FaceBook. =)
Lol! I don't use FB so I won't go on it. Putting FB Sucks in FB is kinda paradoxical so I guess it's right up your ally!

Half of the users there are virtually "inactive".
Logging in and out just to see whos in your inbox doesnt qualify as fun. =)
Neither does your opinion as to FB's popularity really mater.

Lame excuses as usual. But the truth remains. Facebook is dead.
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 12:24:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.businessinsider.com...

Some stats:

34 percent of Facebook users surveyed were spending less time on the website than six months ago, whereas only 20 percent were spending more.

The stock is down 29 percent since its initial public offering last month, reducing its market value by $30 billion to roughly $74 billion.

Of the 34 percent spending less time on the social network, their chief reason was that the site was "boring," "not relevant" or "not useful". Privacy concerns ranked third.

I hope facebook dies.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 12:27:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.insidefacebook.com...

More Stats:

Some users have very publicly said that they"re going to deactivate, delete or minimally use their accounts. For example, the search term "how do" on leading search engine Google now shows the algorithmically-determined phrase "how do i delete my facebook account." Sites that provide answers to that question are seeing lots of new traffic.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 12:38:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I have a hard time believing FB will actually die any time soon. With 20% of the world having an account, it'll take more than a brief drop in activity to break it. FB seems to have made some bad choices (Timeline, hello?) but it has a history of being innovative. After all that's how it got 1/5 of the world in the first place. They'll pull through, whether by focusing on things like Instagram, fixing their shltty privacy problems, or just revamping the user interface to make it more accessible/useful.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 5:22:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/16/2013 12:06:50 PM, inferno wrote:
Lame excuses as usual. But the truth remains. Facebook is dead.
Brilliant fact-filled response! Well, since you repeated it this many times, then it MUST be true!

At 1/16/2013 12:24:01 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
http://www.businessinsider.com...

Some stats:

34 percent of Facebook users surveyed were spending less time on the website than six months ago, whereas only 20 percent were spending more.

The stock is down 29 percent since its initial public offering last month, reducing its market value by $30 billion to roughly $74 billion.

Of the 34 percent spending less time on the social network, their chief reason was that the site was "boring," "not relevant" or "not useful". Privacy concerns ranked third.

I hope facebook dies.
So do I, but your evidence hardly = face book is dead. It will be a long while before that happens.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
inferno
Posts: 10,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 8:43:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/16/2013 12:38:36 PM, Noumena wrote:
I have a hard time believing FB will actually die any time soon. With 20% of the world having an account, it'll take more than a brief drop in activity to break it. FB seems to have made some bad choices (Timeline, hello?) but it has a history of being innovative. After all that's how it got 1/5 of the world in the first place. They'll pull through, whether by focusing on things like Instagram, fixing their shltty privacy problems, or just revamping the user interface to make it more accessible/useful.

Again. Activity is down, and most people barely use FaceBook anymore..........The media has lied to you. As far as my friends and associates are concerned. Yes, it is dead. =)
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 11:20:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://bgr.com...

Says here that

" new data from social media tracking company SocialBakers found that "the number of Americans using Facebook fell by nearly 1.4 million in early December."

Also here

http://bgr.com...

" A recent poll of Facebook users conducted by Reuters found that 34% of respondents use Facebook less today than they did six months ago. "

http://gigaom.com...

In April, The Washington Post"s Social Reader had 12 million monthly active users. Now, it has about 600,000 according to AppData, a decline of 95 percent. The Guardian had nearly 6 million monthly active users of its Facebook app in April. Now it has about 2.5 million, a decline of about 75 percent.

If they can't innovate, then they aren't going to keep a majority of the facebook users.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
inferno
Posts: 10,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 11:32:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/17/2013 11:20:56 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
http://bgr.com...

Says here that

" new data from social media tracking company SocialBakers found that "the number of Americans using Facebook fell by nearly 1.4 million in early December."

Also here

http://bgr.com...

" A recent poll of Facebook users conducted by Reuters found that 34% of respondents use Facebook less today than they did six months ago. "

http://gigaom.com...

In April, The Washington Post"s Social Reader had 12 million monthly active users. Now, it has about 600,000 according to AppData, a decline of 95 percent. The Guardian had nearly 6 million monthly active users of its Facebook app in April. Now it has about 2.5 million, a decline of about 75 percent.

If they can't innovate, then they aren't going to keep a majority of the facebook users.

I agree. Its MySpace all over again. Nothing surprising about that.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 8:43:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/17/2013 8:43:20 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/16/2013 12:38:36 PM, Noumena wrote:
I have a hard time believing FB will actually die any time soon. With 20% of the world having an account, it'll take more than a brief drop in activity to break it. FB seems to have made some bad choices (Timeline, hello?) but it has a history of being innovative. After all that's how it got 1/5 of the world in the first place. They'll pull through, whether by focusing on things like Instagram, fixing their shltty privacy problems, or just revamping the user interface to make it more accessible/useful.

Again. Activity is down,

Perhaps but you haven't shown any reasoning as to why this necessitates the end as opposed to a mere dip in activity. If constant growth is a necessary condition for staying in business, I doubt anyone would have a job.

and most people barely use FaceBook anymore

Unsubstantiated and simply false.

..........The media has lied to you. As far as my friends and associates are concerned. Yes, it is dead. =)

Media? Lolwut.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
inferno
Posts: 10,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 11:02:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/17/2013 8:43:41 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 1/17/2013 8:43:20 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/16/2013 12:38:36 PM, Noumena wrote:
I have a hard time believing FB will actually die any time soon. With 20% of the world having an account, it'll take more than a brief drop in activity to break it. FB seems to have made some bad choices (Timeline, hello?) but it has a history of being innovative. After all that's how it got 1/5 of the world in the first place. They'll pull through, whether by focusing on things like Instagram, fixing their shltty privacy problems, or just revamping the user interface to make it more accessible/useful.

Again. Activity is down,

Perhaps but you haven't shown any reasoning as to why this necessitates the end as opposed to a mere dip in activity. If constant growth is a necessary condition for staying in business, I doubt anyone would have a job.

and most people barely use FaceBook anymore

Unsubstantiated and simply false.

..........The media has lied to you. As far as my friends and associates are concerned. Yes, it is dead. =)

Media? Lolwut.

Not false. Just true. =)
natoast
Posts: 204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 1:15:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
From my first hand experience with the high school crowd, It seems like facebook was popular in more of a fad way then in a lifestyle-changing way. Students don't talk about facebook the way the used to. I'd say it actually reached it's peak a month or two before they started selling stocks, and went down from there. Now all I here is talk of instagram. I' not sure about the nation, but in my area instagram has already completely replaced facebook amongst the younger people, leaving faceboook to the stay at home moms.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 1:23:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/18/2013 1:15:12 PM, natoast wrote:
From my first hand experience with the high school crowd, It seems like facebook was popular in more of a fad way then in a lifestyle-changing way. Students don't talk about facebook the way the used to. I'd say it actually reached it's peak a month or two before they started selling stocks, and went down from there. Now all I here is talk of instagram. I' not sure about the nation, but in my area instagram has already completely replaced facebook amongst the younger people, leaving faceboook to the stay at home moms.

Instagram is a Facebook service, lol.
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 2:26:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/18/2013 1:23:49 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 1/18/2013 1:15:12 PM, natoast wrote:
From my first hand experience with the high school crowd, It seems like facebook was popular in more of a fad way then in a lifestyle-changing way. Students don't talk about facebook the way the used to. I'd say it actually reached it's peak a month or two before they started selling stocks, and went down from there. Now all I here is talk of instagram. I' not sure about the nation, but in my area instagram has already completely replaced facebook amongst the younger people, leaving faceboook to the stay at home moms.

Instagram is a Facebook service, lol.
LOL!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 3:15:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/18/2013 1:15:12 PM, natoast wrote:
From my first hand experience with the high school crowd, It seems like facebook was popular in more of a fad way then in a lifestyle-changing way. Students don't talk about facebook the way the used to. I'd say it actually reached it's peak a month or two before they started selling stocks, and went down from there. Now all I here is talk of instagram. I' not sure about the nation, but in my area instagram has already completely replaced facebook amongst the younger people, leaving faceboook to the stay at home moms.

Talking about FB is different. I've never had an out loud convo about FB with someone yet almost everyone I know uses it and posts constantly. It doesn't seem to me like something you talk about, except of course about content someone posts. I get a lot of my news from various political pages so conversations usually start with "I read this article on FB...." rather than "Lol FB is so fetch amirite?". To me it's more of an instrument to get information spread around.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
inferno
Posts: 10,612
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 10:22:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Agreed. FaceBook has lost its luster. It is past its prime and there she goes......
Into the graveyard of cyberspace along with the rest of the overrated crap online. =)
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 12:35:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 10:22:33 AM, inferno wrote:
Agreed. FaceBook has lost its luster. It is past its prime and there she goes......
Into the graveyard of cyberspace along with the rest of the overrated crap online. =)

Likened unto AOL: http://geofflivingston.com...

The signs are coming in place.

http://www.marketingpilgrim.com...

This link is about the devaluation of morale in facebook offices.

http://www.thoughtgadgets.com...

This is about the devaluation of the "like".

http://www.marketingpilgrim.com...

Talented people are leaving the company now.

http://social.razoo.com...

13 countries saw a decline in users, while only nine saw a very small increase.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!