Total Posts:167|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Avatar Bets

Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 1:19:56 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I'm sure most people have heard of this before. If not, here is a short explanation. Basically, you make a bet on anything much like you would do irl. However, the winner of the bet gets to pick a new avatar for the loser, and the loser must wear said avatar for a set amount of time- usually about a week. If the loser does not wear the avatar, then that user will simply not be a viable candidate to have avatar bets with anymore. Any questions- just ask.

===

FIRST BET

I bet theLwerd that the New York Yankees will lose the World Series to the Philadelphia Phillies in 4 or 5 games. Avatar wearing length: 1 week. The avatar will be handed out after the winner of the bet is determined - Although, anybody can show probable avatars in this thread if they wish.

Let the bets begin!
=)
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 1:21:44 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I might take that on the basis that I think they will beat them in 4 out of 4 games. I'll have to think about it.
President of DDO
ournamestoolong
Posts: 1,059
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 1:46:24 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/29/2009 1:19:56 PM, Nags wrote:
I'm sure most people have heard of this before. If not, here is a short explanation. Basically, you make a bet on anything much like you would do irl. However, the winner of the bet gets to pick a new avatar for the loser, and the loser must wear said avatar for a set amount of time- usually about a week. If the loser does not wear the avatar, then that user will simply not be a viable candidate to have avatar bets with anymore. Any questions- just ask.

===

FIRST BET

I bet theLwerd that the New York Yankees will lose the World Series to the Philadelphia Phillies in 4 or 5 games. Avatar wearing length: 1 week. The avatar will be handed out after the winner of the bet is determined - Although, anybody can show probable avatars in this thread if they wish.

Let the bets begin!
=)

I bet you one week that the Coltss will beat the 49ers
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 2:08:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/29/2009 1:46:24 PM, ournamestoolong wrote:

I bet you one week that the Coltss will beat the 49ers

Who the hell would take that bet?
President of DDO
crackofdawn_Jr
Posts: 1,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 3:04:22 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Anyone here a Vikings fan? Because, if they are, I would love to make a bet that they will LOSE!
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
ournamestoolong
Posts: 1,059
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 3:18:41 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/29/2009 2:08:58 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 10/29/2009 1:46:24 PM, ournamestoolong wrote:

I bet you one week that the Coltss will beat the 49ers

Who the hell would take that bet?

I'm appealing to people in mental asylums.

I don't know about anything else.
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 4:59:02 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/29/2009 3:04:22 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:
Anyone here a Vikings fan? Because, if they are, I would love to make a bet that they will LOSE!

Against what team?
President of DDO
crackofdawn_Jr
Posts: 1,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 5:09:16 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/29/2009 4:59:02 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 10/29/2009 3:04:22 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:
Anyone here a Vikings fan? Because, if they are, I would love to make a bet that they will LOSE!

Against what team?

Green Bay Packers!
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 5:12:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/29/2009 5:07:43 PM, tmhustler wrote:
I bet that the Pittsburgh Steelers will beat the Denver broncos.

That's going to be an awesome game.
President of DDO
crackofdawn_Jr
Posts: 1,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 5:12:39 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/29/2009 5:11:47 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Crack, I might take you up on that bet!

And then you'll finally have a new avatar!

Lol, yea I need to change that. Oooh, I already know what you're avatar will be if you take this bet.
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 5:43:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
One week on:

Packers will beat vikings. I'm siding with the Pack on this run.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
philosphical
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 10:27:42 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I would like to bet comoncents that Tito ortiz will beat forrest griffin at the next event.
If he loses, he must have an avatar of matt mitrione, the fighter that everyone hates.
If Forrest wins, I will put my avatar as whatever you wish.

The duration of the avatar shouls be one week.

Wanna take the bet??
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 10:33:02 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I'll defend the honor of the Vikings, Toast.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 10:35:59 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/29/2009 10:33:02 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I'll defend the honor of the Vikings, Toast.

I will also defend the Vikings, but against Crack.
President of DDO
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 11:15:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Can you make bets about anything or is it strictly sports bets?
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2009 7:01:53 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/29/2009 10:33:02 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I'll defend the honor of the Vikings, Toast.

It's on.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2009 7:02:28 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Also, what honor? They just paid off football's greatest whore to give them a season-long lapdance.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2009 9:13:02 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
That was pretty much disproven last week.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2009 9:38:30 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
When they lost?
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2009 11:34:08 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Exactly. If they truly bribe the refs as you say, even taking out Winfield wouldn't be enough to cause a loss. :)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2009 12:12:15 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I was talking about Favre. That too.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
crackofdawn_Jr
Posts: 1,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2009 4:43:30 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/29/2009 10:35:59 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 10/29/2009 10:33:02 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I'll defend the honor of the Vikings, Toast.

I will also defend the Vikings, but against Crack.

Bring it on!

Off subject, is your favorite baseball team the Yankees? If so, how serious a fan are you?
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2009 6:44:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/30/2009 12:12:15 PM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:
I was talking about Favre. That too.

Wait, THAT'S your whore?

Uniqueness criterion. Every team pays off 50+ whores every season.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.