Jump to topic:

Marijuana: first time

Rice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 12:06:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is it a bad idea to try marijuana? A friend offered me some the night before a speech tournament this weekend and I said no (so I ended up having to 'babysit' them). However I was just contemplating it and wanted to seek other people's opinion.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 12:08:42 AM
No its a good idea.
If something can't hurt you, you'd might as well try it right?
Less you've got a drug test coming in the next few weeks.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 12:33:02 AM
At 2/4/2013 12:06:33 AM, Rice wrote:
Is it a bad idea to try marijuana? A friend offered me some the night before a speech tournament this weekend and I said no (so I ended up having to 'babysit' them). However I was just contemplating it and wanted to seek other people's opinion.

Really I cant protest to someone simply wanting to try marijuana even though I wouldnt do it myself..... That being said though I still feel like I could give you tips for if you decide to give it a shot.

Your profile says youre 18, but I personally would wait until at least 21 before I started messing around with it. If society trusts you with a beer at 21, then by the same logic they would also trust you with a joint since its far less harmful then alcohol can be.

If you end up liking it, dont try to make it a daily or weekly habit.... At least not at initially, you could fall right into being an addict, so use conservatively.

Also when you do smoke weed, try to have friends around so that you can all keep an eye on each other. Getting stoned all by yourself could be really freaky to someone using it for the first time, and stoned people seem to have a natural tendency to look out for other stoned people.

Also try to make sure you smoke in a safe place too. If youre alone, in your room or your house when you KNOW that you'll have the whole place to yourself for a couple of hours would be best. If youre out of the house with your friends, anywhere inside would be best so that if you all get stoned one of you dont slip away on accident and end up wandering around alone and stoned.

Lastly, talk to people who you know have smoked weed before for more tips. Nobody knows more about using pot carefully then someone who actually uses pot.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 12:35:34 AM
By imabenches logic im an awesome person to talk to about smoking, but unhh, you dont wanna do that cause i love it so i'll try to get you hooked... Jus sayin
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 12:39:14 AM
Imma you don't smoke or have never smoked?

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 12:44:59 AM
Ummm.... definitely don't do it before a speech tournament hahaha
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 12:49:59 AM
I am never planning to do it and never will. But do whatever you want.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 12:53:50 AM

Seeing as how it's not physically addictive and not psychologically addictive for most users, you'd probably be just fine. I can't imagine a way in which it's a "bad idea" to try marijuana unless your best friend is a cop or you have a drug test coming up.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 12:58:38 AM
At 2/4/2013 12:49:59 AM, 16kadams wrote:

Come on man, you'll be so much cooler if you do... Haha
When I was young I thought my friends were dcks peer pressuring me to do drugs, then after you do them you realize they just want you to experience this new, mind expanding/existence altering thing like they did.

malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 1:06:46 AM

Depends on how old you are. If you're under 16 (I'd go 18 to be safe), smoking cannabis can lower your IQ and have other long term, negative effects.

After age 16, all of the side effects are mild and completely short term. I wouldn't recommend it for kids, but grown ups seems to handle it quite well.

You probably won't get very high the 1st time. Most don't. The 2nd time, though...

I microwaved eggs for an hour and died laughing as each one of them exploded. It stunk, but it was hilarious.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 10:17:23 AM
At 2/4/2013 12:39:14 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Imma you don't smoke or have never smoked?

Im already dangerously mentally unstable, I dont want or need anything that will make me even more bat sh*t crazy then I already am.... I try to maintain a healthy level of insanity and smoking weed will compromise that ;D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 12:10:10 PM
Strange that no one has mentioned this, but I think that your experience with your friends would probably give you far greater insight on this personal decision than any anonymous person on a website.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 12:50:16 PM
At 2/4/2013 12:10:10 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
Strange that no one has mentioned this, but I think that your experience with your friends would probably give you far greater insight on this personal decision than any anonymous person on a website.

^^this

One of the first times i smoked, me and a group of friends all started singing Seals, "kissed by a rose" in four part harmony, it was one of the funniest moments of my life haha

And since then i've loved good ol' mary jane... I miss it so even though its only been like a month
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Rice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 2:13:43 PM
At 2/4/2013 12:44:59 AM, Oryus wrote:

Yeahh, that was a factor in my decision. However it didn't seem affect them at all for the state qualifiers the next day, a few qualed to states, so there didn't seem to be any lingering adverse effects.
Rice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 2:15:49 PM
At 2/4/2013 1:06:46 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

Depends on how old you are. If you're under 16 (I'd go 18 to be safe), smoking cannabis can lower your IQ and have other long term, negative effects.

After age 16, all of the side effects are mild and completely short term. I wouldn't recommend it for kids, but grown ups seems to handle it quite well.

You probably won't get very high the 1st time. Most don't. The 2nd time, though...

I microwaved eggs for an hour and died laughing as each one of them exploded. It stunk, but it was hilarious.

I'm 16, so are you saying that there are bad effects with it at this age?
Rice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 2:36:25 PM

It's just I don't know if I feel entirely comfortable talking with them about it. And they acted really stupid while on it. They ended up flooding the hotel room, something I ended up having to take care of at 3 in the morning the day of state qualifiers. So I observed that they just act idiotic while on it. Then one of the seniors wanted to plug in a blow dryer and attempt to blow dry the literal inches of water that had filled the bathroom. I had to physically take away the blow dryer and stop her from plugging it in (because water and electricity do not mix well).

So really I guess what I'm afraid of, is doing something really stupid, like the above, if I were to do marijuana.
tmar19652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 2:36:31 PM
I would not do it. But its a very personal choice.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 2:36:39 PM
At 2/4/2013 2:13:43 PM, Rice wrote:
At 2/4/2013 12:44:59 AM, Oryus wrote:

Yeahh, that was a factor in my decision. However it didn't seem affect them at all for the state qualifiers the next day, a few qualed to states, so there didn't seem to be any lingering adverse effects.

Yeah, I actually read it wrong at first. I thought you said they were smoking directly before the event. Theres no hangover so yes, you'd be just fine doing it the night before.
:
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 4:11:45 PM
At 2/4/2013 2:36:25 PM, Rice wrote:

It's just I don't know if I feel entirely comfortable talking with them about it. And they acted really stupid while on it. They ended up flooding the hotel room, something I ended up having to take care of at 3 in the morning the day of state qualifiers. So I observed that they just act idiotic while on it. Then one of the seniors wanted to plug in a blow dryer and attempt to blow dry the literal inches of water that had filled the bathroom. I had to physically take away the blow dryer and stop her from plugging it in (because water and electricity do not mix well).

So really I guess what I'm afraid of, is doing something really stupid, like the above, if I were to do marijuana.

HAHAHAHAAH, what?? Based on that, I can totally understand your reluctance. It may have dissuaded me.

However, my experiences have never involved much more than loud, abstract music, laughter, conversation/freestyling, and lots, and lots, and lots of food.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 4:15:45 PM
At 2/4/2013 2:15:49 PM, Rice wrote:

Yes, if you start smoking heavily now, your brains development in a decade may be less than it otherwise would be with respect to gray matter especially in the hippocamus which is important for memory.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 4:16:23 PM
At 2/4/2013 4:11:45 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:

HAHAHAHAAH, what?? Based on that, I can totally understand your reluctance. It may have dissuaded me.

However, my experiences have never involved much more than loud, abstract music, laughter, conversation/freestyling, and lots, and lots, and lots of food.

OMG THE FOOOOOOOD, just about anything becomes the most delicious thing one has ever eaten, and one finds themself unable to stop until their stomach feels like its gonna explode.

And dont forget video games, they're totally engrossing when stoned
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 4:46:59 PM
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 5:27:43 PM
At 2/4/2013 4:16:23 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

OMG THE FOOOOOOOD, just about anything becomes the most delicious thing one has ever eaten, and one finds themself unable to stop until their stomach feels like its gonna explode.

Oh man. Every single videogame is the most interesting thing ever, this is super truth.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 5:29:41 PM
At 2/4/2013 5:27:43 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:

Oh man. Every single videogame is the most interesting thing ever, this is super truth.

It could a game about unicorns and bunnies prancing about a meadow gathering flowers, and the sober reaction: WTF THIS GAME IS SHITE

stoners reaction: DOOOD I GOT A BUNCH OF FLOWERS, HI-SCORE *hi-five*
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 6:13:11 PM
At 2/4/2013 5:27:43 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:

hehe
Major truth. I don't always play video games, but when I do- I'm really, really stoned. ^_^
:
Rice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 8:33:34 PM

Yeah, they had so many cakes, tangerines, and bananas, I didn't understand why they had so much food at the time...
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2013 10:54:16 PM
At 2/4/2013 2:15:49 PM, Rice wrote:

People who smoke before their bodies are fully developed (around age 16...you know if you're still growing or not) have realized IQ drops of ~8 points compared to those who wait until adulthood.

Give it another year, then spark up.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 1:13:08 AM

Good boy. Never do ethyl alcohol either, because it is the worst drug in existence when you combine the factors: health risks, drug dependency, economic costs, and crime. http://media.economist.com...
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 1:33:29 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com...

marijuana: not even once
:
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 1:46:45 AM
At 2/5/2013 1:33:29 AM, Oryus wrote:
https://i.chzbgr.com...

marijuana: not even once

I promised myself I would not cry to day... *sniff* *sniff* Damnit, Oryus!!!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.