The huffington post is a joke

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2013 5:39:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Examples?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2013 5:50:56 PM
At 3/2/2013 5:39:24 PM, muzebreak wrote:
Examples?

^this. You can't just assert something and then not back it up and expect to be taken seriously. And come on, fox news it ten times worse than the huffington post.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:05:54 AM
Examples?

Their headlines; they have never posted anything bad about any liberal (except for not being liberal enough). You can be a liberal and still admit the huff post is very left-wing biased. It doesn't take a genius to see it :)
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 12:07:50 AM
At 3/2/2013 5:50:56 PM, rogue wrote:
Examples?

^this. You can't just assert something and then not back it up and expect to be taken seriously. And come on, fox news it ten times worse than the huffington post.

I would say that Fox News is right of center, but by no means more right than huff is left. Huff is blatantly biased (I have never seen a story on the front page that wasn't a post one would expect from a 'liberal')
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 6:58:27 AM
I am super conservative, and I think Fox News is pretty much a joke (I will watch it or read their articles occasionally) while I actually really like a lot of Huffington post articles.

Just saying, I don't mind the idea of them being left of center, you have to be intelligent enough to read everything in the news through a filter and do your own research.

I'd probably rather read an article in huffington than on fox, but it doesn't mean I would agree with the Huffington article more than with the Fox one, i'd just enjoy it more because it's a little less obvious :)
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 8:58:38 AM
At 3/5/2013 5:56:42 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I would like to see evidence that the Huffington Post is biased.

Read it. Also, every single political bias rating has huff post way up there.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 9:04:55 AM
At 3/5/2013 6:58:27 AM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
I am super conservative, and I think Fox News is pretty much a joke (I will watch it or read their articles occasionally) while I actually really like a lot of Huffington post articles.

Just saying, I don't mind the idea of them being left of center, you have to be intelligent enough to read everything in the news through a filter and do your own research.

I'd probably rather read an article in huffington than on fox, but it doesn't mean I would agree with the Huffington article more than with the Fox one, i'd just enjoy it more because it's a little less obvious :)

Like it or not, huffington post is left of center (you basically just tried to make the case that no news organizations are biased or left or right of center). Link me to any article they ever had on their front page that was not left of center.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 3:24:16 PM
I agree with the others. You should present at least one example that they are left-biased. I think they are as well, but just asserting something is not the same as proving something to be true.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 3:30:37 PM
Dylan, saying that "They're all biased" isn't providing an example. Neither is "You find one that isn't". You claimed that Huff. Post is biased. You have BOP.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 3:40:24 PM
At 3/5/2013 5:56:42 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I would like to see evidence that the Huffington Post is biased.

It is Royal, it is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Here's an article slamming Obama for compromising with Republicans during the time when the vaunted "fiscal cliff" was looming

And another article

Slamming congress and the president on compromising and making the Bus Tax cuts permanent.

The Huff Post is so leftist, that it slams others leftists for not being leftist enough to be honest haha XD
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 4:19:54 PM

^^ Robert Reich is on their first page.

The Huffington post is obviously left wing biased. Now, is it worse than MSNBC? I don't know about that. I actually watch it from time to time, but I don't care for it.

Referring to Reich's article though; it is well written. Since the economy is weak, workers are obviously not being hired, and wages are only slowly rising.

Productivity is a great thing, as it allows more wealth to be produced. This means that workers can work less, and more goods are produced, meaning the price of goods falls.

Workers wages are closely correlated with productivity gains (http://debate.org...). That data is from both the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Federal Reserve bank of Dallas.

So, productivity is a great thing. However, rising health care costs have taken a huge bite out of worker's wages, so it appears that wages are going nowhere. The policies of taxation and spending that are being proposed are not a step in the right direction, as they will just undermine the savings and investment in production and capital goods, which together will increase our standards of living and increase take home pay as well as job creation.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 6:02:49 PM
At 3/5/2013 3:30:37 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Dylan, saying that "They're all biased" isn't providing an example. Neither is "You find one that isn't". You claimed that Huff. Post is biased. You have BOP.

This isn't a courtroom. It's pretty self-evidenent it's biased.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 10:48:04 AM
In all media, bias is expressed mainly by the selection of stories. The magazine Cat Fancier has no stories at all about dogs. None. Huff Post has stories that interest a leftist audience. Today it's "Gun maker Reports Huge Earnings," "Jon Stewart ...", Robert Reich cites evils of capitalism, etc. There are many stories about celebrities, the leftist concept of royalty.

I think their articles are often well-written, getting right to the point. You'll rarely hear a bad word about a leftist, other than at they aren't far enough left.
mike.mctighe1984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2014 2:08:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Examples?
Since you asked.

There is a story today about how it's the "beginning of the end for Duck Dynasty" where they claim because the premier ONLY had 8.5 million viewers, and ONLY 4.2 in the 18-49 bracket, and was down from last seasons premier it must be slipping (due to Phil's comments). What the article fails to mention is those ratings meant it finished second overall, to all other programs, beating Modern Family and coming in 100,000 behind American Idol (which it didn't have to compete against last time). Basically it crushed it in the ratings, but because Liberals want the show to fail, they report this as if it were bad.

Variety reported the same story as good thing for DD.

They do this with FOX News as well. Frequently articles will say they're facing doom and gloom because an MSNBC show makes it into the top 20 (usually at 19 or 20) for the month. But they'll totally ignore FOX being number one by leaps and bounds, and that MSNBC has lost 50% of it's viewers year to year.

It's basically a tabloid that warps stories to fit whatever agenda they want to push. Uses flashy headlines, and ignores actual content.
OtakuJordan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2014 4:02:01 PM
The Huffington Post is meant to be biased. Although it has the appearance of an online newspaper, it is a personal blog founded by Arianna Huffington. She created the site specifically to be a liberal news outlet.

http://www.britannica.com...
"Most of the coldness in the world is actually just people teaching lessons about the coldness in the world. And it does not remove blame from the people cranking the AC." -Ore_Ele

"You see, Adam never spoke about theology. He just had sex with Eve and died." -1970vu
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2014 4:49:55 PM
At 3/2/2013 12:55:21 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
I read it because it's humorous how blatantly biased it is. It is not news, it is liberal gossip.

Agreed. Huffington Post is useless
Ashton
itsallgoodthrillagorilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 8:18:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/2/2013 12:55:21 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
I read it because it's humorous how blatantly biased it is. It is not news, it is liberal gossip.

LOL, I couldn't agree with you more, it scares me a bit, the actual readers/posters are scary, I think they BELIEVE what they read, honestly it's like they are drinking the KOOLAID. I feel sorry for them and really hope they wake up from their delusions. SAD. I can't go and even gawk at them any more, it's too scary for me to see their views and beliefs. WOW!
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 9:25:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/2/2013 5:50:56 PM, rogue wrote:
Examples?

You accuse someone of not backing up what the say and in the very next sentence do the same thing. LOL
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%