Jump to topic:

One of the most powerful videos I've seen

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 8:52:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
WARNING: Contains images that might not be suitable for some of the people.

They SHOULD show all this death and destruction and children dying and stuff on television. We are too protected.

4:15 is the most heartbreaking sight I've ever come across.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 2:19:54 PM
At 3/10/2013 8:52:39 AM, Cermank wrote:

They SHOULD show all this death and destruction and children dying and stuff on television. We are too protected.

Why should they? Emotion is overrated. It makes no sense to walk around in a fog of rage at the evils of the world. It's how all propaganda works.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 5:40:41 PM
At 3/11/2013 2:19:54 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 3/10/2013 8:52:39 AM, Cermank wrote:

Why should they? Emotion is overrated. It makes no sense to walk around in a fog of rage at the evils of the world. It's how all propaganda works.

Do you think they SHOULD NOT show the images on television or are you just indifferent to whether they are shown?

Images can be used as propaganda just as easily as statistics can. An image of a bloodied child may cause a different reaction from seeing a statistic "X number of children casualties" but both are equally true and can be used to serve various groups ideological purposes. If anything, they should be shown in tandem methinks. Omitting information can be just as misleading as showing it.... people are not naturally critical thinkers, after all.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.