Foreign AIDS

Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 12:59:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is a joke, btw.

It's been an increasingly greater concern of mine that Americans seem indifferent, nay enthusiastic!- about providing third world nations with treatment for HIV- AIDS to be specific. It would be one thing if this was domestic government-sponsered AIDS and did not need to travel overseas, but it shows the egregiousness of our self-righteousness that we believe we can impose an order on the world to seemingly remove problems by simply giving other countries government-sponsered AIDS treatments. I am outraged that not only has no one on this planet spoken out against this nefarious plot of population control but that others in fact ENCOURAGE and THANK the American public for this provision of government-sponsered AIDS treatments. I may be a lone voice in a sea of AIDS treatment advocates but I think it's about time we stop this indecent infection of utter madness and restrain ourselves before we go too far.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 2:30:10 PM
I agree.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 8:14:42 PM
My post was 100% serious btw.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 8:54:19 PM
At 3/18/2013 12:59:51 PM, Subutai wrote:
This is a joke, btw.

It's been an increasingly greater concern of mine that Americans seem indifferent, nay enthusiastic!- about providing third world nations with treatment for HIV- AIDS to be specific. It would be one thing if this was domestic government-sponsered AIDS and did not need to travel overseas, but it shows the egregiousness of our self-righteousness that we believe we can impose an order on the world to seemingly remove problems by simply giving other countries government-sponsered AIDS treatments. I am outraged that not only has no one on this planet spoken out against this nefarious plot of population control but that others in fact ENCOURAGE and THANK the American public for this provision of government-sponsered AIDS treatments. I may be a lone voice in a sea of AIDS treatment advocates but I think it's about time we stop this indecent infection of utter madness and restrain ourselves before we go too far.

Jokes like this aren't very funny if you say it's a joke before hand. I don't think it's very funny either way, even if it has been 22.3 years.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.