Jump to topic:

Discussion on Toilet Seat Lifting

TheJesusParadox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 2:16:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Why are men obligated to lift the toilet seat when they pee?

Why are women not obligated to lift the toilet seat when they use the bathroom?

The only time men should be required to lift the toilet seat is after they put it down(go number two). That makes it fair for everyone. In no way is it right or easier for men to always have to lift the toilet seat. If somebody wants something they are always required to do it, except in this instance.
TheJesusParadox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 3:10:58 PM
At 3/29/2013 2:16:26 PM, TheJesusParadox wrote:

The only time men should be required to lift the toilet seat is after they put it down(go number two). That makes it fair for everyone. In no way is it right or easier for men to always have to lift the toilet seat. If somebody wants something they are always required to do it, except in this instance.

oops...Mistake
Why are men obligated to put the toilet seat back down?

Why are women not obligated to put the toilet seat up after they use the bathroom?
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 3:35:36 PM
As tulle explained in her debate on the subject, the majority of the time the toilet is in use, the seat is down (i.e. men doing #2, women doing #1, women doing #2). The only time the seat is up is when a man is doing #1, and he generally has to lift the seat to do it. It makes sense for men to put it back down.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 4:30:19 PM
At 3/29/2013 3:35:36 PM, Maikuru wrote:
As tulle explained in her debate on the subject, the majority of the time the toilet is in use, the seat is down (i.e. men doing #2, women doing #1, women doing #2). The only time the seat is up is when a man is doing #1, and he generally has to lift the seat to do it. It makes sense for men to put it back down.

Don't you pooh standing up?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 5:36:54 PM
I'll buy any woman who lives with me, one of these; http://www.pulpconnection.net...

Then I don't have to put the toilet seat down.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 1:40:18 PM
I've never understood this issue.

Why doesn't everyone put the seat down, including the lid?

It looks more presentable, keeps animals out (or in), and aids in keeping smells out.
My work here is, finally, done.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 1:44:44 PM
At 3/31/2013 1:40:18 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I've never understood this issue.

Why doesn't everyone put the seat down, including the lid?

It looks more presentable, keeps animals out (or in), and aids in keeping smells out.

This is what I do. It also makes the women do just as much seat-manipulating as they expect men to.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 3:43:41 PM
Your bathroom usage is not someone else's responsibility. Maby we should wipe your azz for ya too.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 5:33:29 PM
No one is obliged to do anything. It's just being a decent person to make things easier for people. The importance of a man putting the seat down for a woman is so she doesn't accidentally fall in. There's not much importance the other way around.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 5:43:51 PM
At 3/31/2013 5:33:29 PM, FREEDO wrote:
No one is obliged to do anything. It's just being a decent person to make things easier for people. The importance of a man putting the seat down for a woman is so she doesn't accidentally fall in. There's not much importance the other way around.

Well, I would point out that also if you leave it open and flush you are spraying aerosalized dirty water everywhere.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 5:54:16 PM
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 11:22:14 PM

Go gay. Never face this problem again.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 11:27:06 PM
At 3/31/2013 11:22:14 PM, YYW wrote:

Go gay. Never face this problem again.

One of many perks. Would anyone like a brochure?
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
commonsenseduh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 3:14:35 PM

I know I'm late but I read this and I had to say something... But if anyone is dumb enough to sit down on any kind of seat without looking at it then they should really take a good look at them selves instead of making others work harder for their shortcomings... You saying that is like saying others should check your baseball stadium seat to make sure it's not wet, or there's no gum in it... Come on now... If someone falls in the toilet then that is their fault and theirs alone...
tmar19652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 3:21:46 PM
At 3/31/2013 3:43:41 PM, sadolite wrote:
Your bathroom usage is not someone else's responsibility. Maby we should wipe your azz for ya too.

This times 1000
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush