Jump to topic:

ORP Mafia signups.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 4:33:56 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
First, to dispel rumors I've already disavowed-- none of the characters are based in any way shape or form on DDO members. But yes, the story does involve politics.

I can make room for more if more want to sign up.

Don't worry about speed too much. Even if a lot of people sign up, expect a lot of death.

Provisional rules:

1. All votes must be in bold to be counted. You have three options: Vote [name], Unvote, or No Lynch. Vote [name] is a vote to lynch said player. Unvote removes an active vote [name] or No Lynch vote. No Lynch is a vote to end the day without lynching.

2. A greater than 50% unanimity must be reached during a day phase in order to carry out a lynch or no lynch. They day phase officially ends when I declare it as such; however, I'd like for discussion to cease almost immediately after all of the lynch votes necessary to lynch a player have been obtained. I will declare the end of a day phase as soon as I am online and able to confirm a majority vote. Players can retract votes if the moderator is not online to avoid lynch. Once I have ended the day phase, shut the **** up. Punishment shall vary with severity but no discussion is allowed in the thread after the day phase is over.

3. Players must not discuss the game outside of the day phase threads and private PMs I have started. That includes Facebook, the dinner table or anywhere else. I will be included in all PMs between privileged parties. If you, as a player, are invited to a PM under the pretense that it is "official," confirm that I am on the list of recipients. If not, report those players immediately. The penalty for violating this rule is immediate mod killing.

4. Dead players are not permitted to participate in the game, including both private PMs and the day phase threads. "demonstrable adantage" may be considered for severity of punishment, but no "Avenge me" is allowed.

5. No copying and pasting from private PMs between you and I. You may summarize something I supposedly said if you wish, but nobody has to believe you.

6. If you have to be gone for a day or two, let your fellow players know. I reserve the right to replace any player who isn't active.

7. You may communicate with me directly via the PMs with any questions, comments or concerns. You are also responsible for submitting your night actions to me in a timely manner. Additionally, if any questions are directed to the moderator in the day phase thread, you may ask me there publicly as well as via PM (to ensure that I respond to it quickly in the thread for everyone).

8. This game will start with the Day Phase, so everyone listed below is alive and well.

9. Some of you have roles in this game. There are no rules against revealing these roles, but be warned, doing so early in the game could have devastating consequences. Moreover, people can (and probably will) lie about their roles. I don't have a problem with people claiming to be whatever character or having whatever role. You can even make up a phoney summary from a PM that I supposedly sent you. The reason I'm allowing this (for now... we'll see how it works out) is because I think deception is a huge part of this game. Of course I as moderator will try and make sure this doesn't get out of hand. However, I think it's up to you - the players - to utilize your own knowledge/logic and the story to determine whether or not you believe someone.

10. The story may or may not be helpful. Up to you to figure that out. It will, however, not be privy to things your characters would not be privy to in real life, to the best of my ability.

11. To avoid this game going on for months, there will be phase limits. Until further notice, each day phase has a 4 day limit. Each night phase has a 3 day limit. Day phases that reach the limit end in a No Lynch (subject to my judgement). Night phases that reach the limit will cause actions not submitted to be forfeit. These limits are flexible and can be changed pending special circumstances, and are up to my discretion.

12. The townies win when all mafia and any other hostile parties that may or may not exist are eliminated. The mafia wins when all townies and any other hostile parties to them that may or may not exist are eliminated. There is no "mathematical superiority" clause. If your team believes itself to be the mathematically inevitable winner, it had best follow through and prove it by its actions. In mafia there are things called roles. Some of them make apparent mathematical inevitabilities untrue. Maybe there are some of those. Maybe there aren't. Maybe I haven't foreseen how some of these will work and I want to unleash player creativity.

13. I reserve the right to implement or change/switch up roles throughout the game. Most likely I will NOT do this; however, I may choose to change certain things around that progress or benefit game play. The story will tell you something has changed. Whether it tells you what is up to your brain and what sort of change happened to be there.

14. All players reserve the right to "keep a common piece of notebook paper in their pockets", filled with up to 300 words. If nothing interferes with this, those 300 words or less will be found on your person along with your death. This may or may not be important for your situation. That's up to you to decide. They create this piece of paper by pming it to me during any night phase, as long as they survive said night phase.

15. Despite the above, don't rely too much on death messages. I'm not going to tell you the alignment of dead players, at least not in so many words (maybe they will in their notepads, but they could be lying). Maybe the things you do see will tell you this. Maybe they won't.

16. Have fun! Report anything suspicious! Don't cheat!
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 4:40:59 PM
Get9
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 4:45:22 PM
2. wjmelements
6. Philosophical
7. WonderWoman
9. Rezzaleux
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 4:46:05 PM
Should note that I used Lwerd's rules as a template.

Come to think of it, change rule 14. 300 CHARACTERS, not WORDS. Lol. Bit more realistic.

2. Wjmelements
7. Wonderwoman
9. Rezzeleaux
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 4:46:34 PM
refer to chart above that post, is m0ar compl0t.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 4:51:04 PM
2. wjmelements
6. Philosophical
7. WonderWoman
9. Rezzaleux

Updated provisional rules
1. All votes must be in bold to be counted. You have three options: Vote [name], Unvote, or No Lynch. Vote [name] is a vote to lynch said player. Unvote removes an active vote [name] or No Lynch vote. No Lynch is a vote to end the day without lynching.

2. A greater than 50% unanimity must be reached during a day phase in order to carry out a lynch or no lynch. They day phase officially ends when I declare it as such; however, I'd like for discussion to cease almost immediately after all of the lynch votes necessary to lynch a player have been obtained. I will declare the end of a day phase as soon as I am online and able to confirm a majority vote. Players can retract votes if the moderator is not online to avoid lynch. Once I have ended the day phase, shut the **** up. Punishment shall vary with severity but no discussion is allowed in the thread after the day phase is over.

3. Players must not discuss the game outside of the day phase threads and private PMs I have started. That includes Facebook, the dinner table or anywhere else. I will be included in all PMs between privileged parties. If you, as a player, are invited to a PM under the pretense that it is "official," confirm that I am on the list of recipients. If not, report those players immediately. The penalty for violating this rule is immediate mod killing.

4. Dead players are not permitted to participate in the game, including both private PMs and the day phase threads. "demonstrable adantage" may be considered for severity of punishment, but no "Avenge me" is allowed.

5. No copying and pasting from private PMs between you and I. You may summarize something I supposedly said if you wish, but nobody has to believe you.

6. If you have to be gone for a day or two, let your fellow players know. I reserve the right to replace any player who isn't active.

7. You may communicate with me directly via the PMs with any questions, comments or concerns. You are also responsible for submitting your night actions to me in a timely manner. Additionally, if any questions are directed to the moderator in the day phase thread, you may ask me there publicly as well as via PM (to ensure that I respond to it quickly in the thread for everyone).

8. This game will start with the Day Phase, so everyone listed below is alive and well.

9. Some of you have roles in this game. There are no rules against revealing these roles, but be warned, doing so early in the game could have devastating consequences. Moreover, people can (and probably will) lie about their roles. I don't have a problem with people claiming to be whatever character or having whatever role. You can even make up a phoney summary from a PM that I supposedly sent you. The reason I'm allowing this (for now... we'll see how it works out) is because I think deception is a huge part of this game. Of course I as moderator will try and make sure this doesn't get out of hand. However, I think it's up to you - the players - to utilize your own knowledge/logic and the story to determine whether or not you believe someone.

10. The story may or may not be helpful. Up to you to figure that out. It will, however, not be privy to things your characters would not be privy to in real life, to the best of my ability.

11. To avoid this game going on for months, there will be phase limits. Until further notice, each day phase has a 4 day limit. Each night phase has a 3 day limit. Day phases that reach the limit end in a No Lynch (subject to my judgement). Night phases that reach the limit will cause actions not submitted to be forfeit. These limits are flexible and can be changed pending special circumstances, and are up to my discretion.

12. The townies win when all mafia and any other hostile parties that may or may not exist are eliminated. The mafia wins when all townies and any other hostile parties to them that may or may not exist are eliminated. There is no "mathematical superiority" clause. If your team believes itself to be the mathematically inevitable winner, it had best follow through and prove it by its actions. In mafia there are things called roles. Some of them make apparent mathematical inevitabilities untrue. Maybe there are some of those. Maybe there aren't. Maybe I haven't foreseen how some of these will work and I want to unleash player creativity.

13. I reserve the right to implement or change/switch up roles throughout the game. Most likely I will NOT do this; however, I may choose to change certain things around that progress or benefit game play. The story will tell you something has changed. Whether it tells you what is up to your brain and what sort of change happened to be there.

14. All players reserve the right to "keep a common piece of notebook paper in their pockets", filled with up to 300 characters. If nothing interferes with this, those 300 words or less will be found on your person along with your death. This may or may not be important for your situation. That's up to you to decide. They create this piece of paper by pming it to me during any night phase, as long as they survive said night phase.

15. Despite the above, don't rely too much on death messages. I'm not going to tell you the alignment of dead players, at least not in so many words (maybe they will in their notepads, but they could be lying). Maybe the things you do see will tell you this. Maybe they won't.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 4:51:25 PM
2. wjmelements
6. Philosophical
7. WonderWoman
9. Rezzaleux
11. Leafrod
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 5:03:52 PM
2. wjmelements
6. Philosophical
7. WonderWoman
9. Rezzaleux
11. Leafrod
25. Chrysippus
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 5:12:36 PM
1. All votes must be in bold to be counted. You have three options: Vote [name] by X, Unvote, or No Lynch. Vote [name] is a vote to lynch said player. X is the execution method by which you propose killing. If it involves a gun, the person whose gun is to be named and for the lynch to be successful they have to own the gun, say they own the gun, and consent to use. You may name any execution method you wish. Rope is plentiful at hardware stores and this is a town with a significant number of trees, so if you want to be boring just say "Vote [name] by hanging." If the voters are creative with the execution measures, I will be creative with the consequences.

2. A greater than 50% unanimity must be reached during a day phase in order to carry out a lynch or no lynch, and a majority of this majority must agree on the METHOD they have named in their votes in order to lynch. The day phase officially ends when I declare it as such. I will declare the end of a day phase as soon as I am online and able to confirm a majority vote. Players can retract votes if the moderator is not online to avoid lynch. Once I have ended the day phase, shut the **** up. Punishment shall vary with severity but no discussion is allowed in the thread after the day phase is over.

14. All players reserve the right to "keep a common piece of notebook paper in their pockets", filled with up to 300 characters. If nothing interferes with this, those 300 characters or less will be found on your person along with your death. This may or may not be important for your situation. That's up to you to decide. They create this piece of paper by pming it to me during any night phase, as long as they survive said night phase.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 5:16:32 PM
1. All votes must be in bold to be counted. You have three options: Vote [name] by X, Unvote, or No Lynch. Vote [name] is a vote to lynch said player. X is the execution method by which you propose killing. If it involves a gun, the person whose gun is to be named and for the lynch to be successful they have to own the gun, say they own the gun, and consent to use. You may name any execution method you wish. I advise that it be a realistically lethal one. Rope is plentiful at hardware stores and this is a town with a significant number of trees, so if you want to be boring just say "Vote [name] by hanging." If the voters are creative with the execution measures, I will be creative with the consequences. This may or may not be good for them, it depends on what their creativity brought in.

2. A greater than 50% unanimity must be reached during a day phase in order to carry out a lynch or no lynch, and a majority of this majority must agree on the METHOD they have named in their votes in order to lynch. The day phase officially ends when I declare it as such. I will declare the end of a day phase as soon as I am online and able to confirm a majority vote, either to no lynch, to successfully lynch, or to exhaust themselves with a stupid nonlethal execution method. Players can retract votes if the moderator is not online to avoid lynch. Once I have ended the day phase, shut the **** up. Punishment shall vary with severity but no discussion is allowed in the thread after the day phase is over.

14. All players reserve the right to "keep a common piece of notebook paper in their pockets", filled with up to 300 characters. If nothing interferes with this, those 300 characters or less will be found on your person along with your death. This may or may not be important for your situation. That's up to you to decide. They create this piece of paper by pming it to me during any night phase, as long as they survive said night phase.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 5:17:17 PM
Sorry the thread is so messy. I wanna keep track of these ideas so I don't have to change too much when the game comes around.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 5:29:22 PM
When you change the rules, could you only post what changed? Its hard to sift it out.

It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 5:35:07 PM
At 11/13/2009 4:51:04 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
14. All players reserve the right to "keep a common piece of notebook paper in their pockets"
I believe you mean "keep a piece of common notebook paper in their pockets"

, filled with up to 300 characters. If nothing interferes with this, those 300 words
incomplete edit

or less will be found on your person along with your death. This may or may not be important for your situation. That's up to you to decide. They create this piece of paper by pming it to me during any night phase, as long as they survive said night phase.
I'm not sure I understand this. So let's say Day1 has passed and I sent you a pm with my 300 chars. If I died that night, would that be found on my body? If not, did you mean that a dead person's paper would only contain the information from the last Night they updated, previous to the Night in which they died?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 5:40:03 PM
From this point forward I'll at least bold the changes from the last edition.

This shouldn't be taken as authoritative, it's just posted for the industrious to put some thought into what sort of game it's going to be.

1. All votes must be in bold to be counted. You have three options: Vote [name] by X, Unvote, or No Lynch. Vote [name] is a vote to lynch said player. X is the execution method by which you propose killing. If it involves a gun, the person whose gun is to be named and for the lynch to be successful they have to own the gun, say they own the gun, and consent to use. You may name any execution method you wish. I advise that it be a realistically lethal one. Rope is plentiful at hardware stores and this is a town with a significant number of trees, so if you want to be boring just say "Vote [name] by hanging." If the voters are creative with the execution measures, I will be creative with the consequences. This may or may not be good for them, it depends on what their creativity brought in.

2. A greater than 50% unanimity must be reached during a day phase in order to carry out a lynch or no lynch, and a majority of this majority must agree on the METHOD they have named in their votes in order to lynch. The day phase officially ends when I declare it as such. I will declare the end of a day phase as soon as I am online and able to confirm a majority vote, either to no lynch, to successfully lynch, or to exhaust themselves with a stupid nonlethal execution method. Players can retract votes if the moderator is not online to avoid lynch. Once I have ended the day phase, shut the **** up. Punishment shall vary with severity but no discussion is allowed in the thread after the day phase is over.

16. Your role description, if you get one, or hell even if you don't, isn't an exact science. I'll hint toward the things you can generally safely do in a night, and I'll tell you if your role or lack thereof isn't competent for much of anything. You are free to try to bite off more than I say you can chew if you are desperate or daring, just describe what you're going to do as though it were a story. It'll probably have negative consequences for you, and the more you do it the less you might get out of it and the worse the consequences are likely to be. But you are free to try. A fat ugly guy is free to message me that he'll be visiting someone's house and attempting to occupy their time by sleeping with them. Unless he stumbles on some gay with a chubby fetish, which he probably won't, he's probably going to die, or be revealed for the attempt, or have his vocal cords ripped out by the family dog. But he can try it.

17. Have fun! Report anything suspicious! Don't cheat!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 5:41:42 PM
At 11/13/2009 5:35:07 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
At 11/13/2009 4:51:04 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
14. All players reserve the right to "keep a common piece of notebook paper in their pockets"
I believe you mean "keep a piece of common notebook paper in their pockets"
There is no difference in meaninghere.

, filled with up to 300 characters. If nothing interferes with this, those 300 words
incomplete edit
True, this was revised in later editions.

or less will be found on your person along with your death. This may or may not be important for your situation. That's up to you to decide. They create this piece of paper by pming it to me during any night phase, as long as they survive said night phase.
I'm not sure I understand this. So let's say Day1 has passed and I sent you a pm with my 300 chars. If I died that night, would that be found on my body?
Probably not.

If not, did you mean that a dead person's paper would only contain the information from the last Night they updated, previous to the Night in which they died?
Probably.

Feel free to ask any questions anyone.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 5:44:17 PM
2. wjmelements
4. Clockwork
6. Philosophical
7. WonderWoman
9. Rezzaleux
11. Leafrod
22. Mongoose
25. Chrysippus
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 6:03:10 PM
1. Nags
2. wjmelements
4. Clockwork
6. Philosophical
7. WonderWoman
9. Rezzaleux
11. Leafrod
22. Mongoose
25. Chrysippus
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 6:23:01 PM
1. Nags
2. wjmelements
4. Clockwork
6. Philosophical
7. WonderWoman
8. theLwerd
9. Rezzaleux
10. Vi_Veri
11. Leafrod
22. Mongoose
25. Chrysippus
President of DDO
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 7:04:00 PM
Ragnar, I've had an idea for mafia games for a while.

Why don't you include, along with the stories in the beginning of a DP (if you'll have stories) a message of limited characters directly from the mafia to the town (through you, obviously). This could be simply for fun, or for the sake of deception. The message would be optional.

It would be interesting to see how that developed. It could be used dynamically for strategy in the game, though it would admittedly have only a small capacity for this, but it would be very interesting.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 7:18:51 PM
Harlan, though that would be an interesting element, save it to suggest to the next moderator. It wouldn't be right for this version.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 7:26:30 PM
At 11/13/2009 7:15:58 PM, GhostWriter wrote:
What is this game? Can some one briefly explain it to me? I will take spot number 16

I'll explain it to you via PM (no offense, but I think the DDO Fans explanation is horrible for those who have never played lol).
President of DDO
GhostWriter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2009 7:30:38 PM
At 11/13/2009 7:26:30 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 11/13/2009 7:15:58 PM, GhostWriter wrote:
What is this game? Can some one briefly explain it to me? I will take spot number 16

I'll explain it to you via PM (no offense, but I think the DDO Fans explanation is horrible for those who have never played lol).

Oh thankyou :)