Jump to topic:

Sigh!

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 9:04:13 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
I am depressed, I have a crap job my girlfriend seems to hate me and it's always so bloody dark. I thought I was more of a winter person but it's as if I've come down with SAD.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 9:15:45 AM
At 11/15/2009 9:04:13 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I am depressed, I have a crap job my girlfriend seems to hate me and it's always so bloody dark. I thought I was more of a winter person but it's as if I've come down with SAD.

All gfriends hate their boyfriends. If she still likes you a little bit, that's the most you can expect.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 10:25:44 AM
At 11/15/2009 9:15:45 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

All g[irl]friends hate their boyfriends. If she still likes you a little bit, that's the most you can expect.

Sounds like someone's been dumped before.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 10:31:12 AM
At 11/15/2009 10:25:44 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

All g[irl]friends hate their boyfriends. If she still likes you a little bit, that's the most you can expect.

What really gets me depressed is thinking about the possibility of marrying or having a serious relationship in the future. Most girls I encounter are expensive, high-maintenance, and snotty. I keep picturing myself getting married, having kids, wasting my money, and hating my life. So, I really am against marriage at all at this point.

In my history class, we had to decipher a political cartoon regarding WWII. In the cartoon, there is a woman prostitute named "War" that says to a European youth, "Come on in. I'll treat you right. I used to know your daddy." The message is pretty clear. The question I needed to respond to asked, "What significance do you attach to the depiction of war as a female and a prostitute?"

Here is my response: I attach great significance to the depiction of war as a female and a prostitute. Similiar to a general female, war is costly, difficult to deal with, high maintenance, and associated with struggle. Similar to a general prostitute, war is dirty, disgraceful, and much too expensive. Similar to a female prostitute, war is both harmful and known to spread diseases.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 10:45:58 AM
Lol, sucks for you guys, my girlfriend makes my life easier and less stressful : ) Guess it just takes the right woman.

The getting dark early... that's the part that's depressing me. I wish I had a pad down in Argentina for the winter (their summer) so I didn't have to deal with it!

The job part would have to be the worst though... what do you do and why does it suck?
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 4:28:47 PM

WARNING: Feverish's life advice should be excepted at your own risk. Use with caution.

my girlfriend seems to hate me

Get out now, with your sanity intact. A destructive relationship is worse than no relationship. Even if you love her, respect yourself. Wait till you're both calm and give her the ultimatum. If she won't treat you right then GTFO.

I have a crap job

GTFO. You're an intelligent guy. If you apply yourself properly you can make a living doing something you love. Glancing at your profile, 3 years of training and you could be teaching history, or perhaps you could make yourself a career in RPG gaming. It won't be easy, you'll probably never get properly rich and there'll be times when money isn't coming in and you feel like you can't cope but if you stick with it and get to the point where you can support yourself doing something you really love then you won't look back.

it's always so bloody dark.

Can't help so much with this one but Scandinavia in summer and the tropics in winter might be a good idea.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 4:37:58 PM
At 11/15/2009 10:31:12 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Similiar to a general female, war is costly, difficult to deal with, high maintenance, and associated with struggle.

You are ridiculous =P
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 4:52:38 PM
At 11/15/2009 4:28:47 PM, feverish wrote:

WARNING: Feverish's life advice should be excepted at your own risk. Use with caution.

I think you mean, accepted. ;)
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 4:53:03 PM
So lemme get this straight.

You have a girlfriend.

You're whining to the population of DDO.

She's a little bit on the tsundere side.

But you have a girlfriend.

Excluding Vi_werd, that's rather ironic don't you think?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 4:59:21 PM
Don't screw with the stereotype Puck. Close enough.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 5:28:16 PM
At 11/15/2009 5:22:35 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/15/2009 4:59:21 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Maybe we should take a poll. I wonder if, ironically, the population of singles on DDO would be a minority.

Certainly most of the regulars don't have significant others. I mean, if they did...why are they spending their time on here? On DDO? An inherent contradiction.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 5:38:27 PM
At 11/15/2009 4:52:38 PM, Puck wrote:

I think you mean, accepted. ;)

That too. lol
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 5:43:45 PM
At 11/15/2009 5:28:16 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

Maybe we should take a poll. I wonder if, ironically, the population of singles on DDO would be a minority.

Certainly most of the regulars don't have significant others. I mean, if they did...why are they spending their time on here? On DDO? An inherent contradiction.

I have to concede on that one. Couples don't usually spend so much time apart until marriage.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 5:46:34 PM
At 11/15/2009 5:43:45 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

I have to concede on that one. Couples don't usually spend so much time apart until marriage.

I disagree entirely.

I can't speak for others on here with gf's (and I know there are a few), but I don't need to spend every waking hour with my mrs., which leaves plenty of hours in the day to DDO it up.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 6:04:27 PM
At 11/15/2009 5:46:34 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

I disagree entirely.

I can't speak for others on here with gf's (and I know there are a few), but I don't need to spend every waking hour with my mrs., which leaves plenty of hours in the day to DDO it up.

I agree. Plus, if I ever try to discuss/"debate" things with her, she simply tells me how thoroughly uninterested she is in whatever I want to discuss.

I need an outlet. lol.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 6:08:34 PM
At 11/15/2009 6:04:27 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

I disagree entirely.

I agree. Plus, if I ever try to discuss/"debate" things with her, she simply tells me how thoroughly uninterested she is in whatever I want to discuss.

I need an outlet. lol.

Haha, likewise. Well, my mrs. isn't so blunt as to say how disinterested she is, I can just tell that she's not interested when I talk science/religion/philosophy or anything else commonly discussed on here which keeps me coming back to DDO.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 6:40:05 PM
Incidentally, does your girlfriend's hated have any kinky results?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 6:40:13 PM
*hatred.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 6:42:34 PM
At 11/15/2009 6:08:34 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 11/15/2009 6:04:27 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

I disagree entirely.

I need an outlet. lol.

Haha, likewise. Well, my mrs. isn't so blunt as to say how disinterested she is, I can just tell that she's not interested when I talk science/religion/philosophy or anything else commonly discussed on here which keeps me coming back to DDO.

That whole comment about couples separated after marriage was a joke, guys.

Swiiiinggggg... and a miss.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2009 1:20:08 AM
At 11/15/2009 10:31:12 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 11/15/2009 10:25:44 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

What really gets me depressed is thinking about the possibility of marrying or having a serious relationship in the future. Most girls I encounter are expensive, high-maintenance, and snotty. I keep picturing myself getting married, having kids, wasting my money, and hating my life. So, I really am against marriage at all at this point.

In my history class, we had to decipher a political cartoon regarding WWII. In the cartoon, there is a woman prostitute named "War" that says to a European youth, "Come on in. I'll treat you right. I used to know your daddy." The message is pretty clear. The question I needed to respond to asked, "What significance do you attach to the depiction of war as a female and a prostitute?"

Here is my response: I attach great significance to the depiction of war as a female and a prostitute. Similiar to a general female, war is costly, difficult to deal with, high maintenance, and associated with struggle. Similar to a general prostitute, war is dirty, disgraceful, and much too expensive. Similar to a female prostitute, war is both harmful and known to spread diseases.

That's pretty dark and misogynistic for a 16 year old boy...

I can't believe that every girl you know is costly, dirty and liable to give you an infection. Maybe you are talking to the wrong ones...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2009 1:23:15 AM
At 11/15/2009 10:45:58 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Lol, sucks for you guys, my girlfriend makes my life easier and less stressful : ) Guess it just takes the right woman.

Yea... she does make my life better in many ways, we are just in a depressive slump.

The getting dark early... that's the part that's depressing me. I wish I had a pad down in Argentina for the winter (their summer) so I didn't have to deal with it!

The job part would have to be the worst though... what do you do and why does it suck?

If I told you I would have to kill you.
No, not because I work for the government just because it's too darn worthless!
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2009 1:25:55 AM

GTFO. You're an intelligent guy. If you apply yourself properly you can make a living doing something you love. Glancing at your profile, 3 years of training and you could be teaching history, or perhaps you could make yourself a career in RPG gaming.

I would like to do the latter actually, I even a company name...
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2009 6:51:34 AM
At 11/16/2009 1:25:55 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

GTFO. You're an intelligent guy. If you apply yourself properly you can make a living doing something you love. Glancing at your profile, 3 years of training and you could be teaching history, or perhaps you could make yourself a career in RPG gaming.

I would like to do the latter actually, I even a company name...

Go for it man, it probably won't be easy and you won't be guaranteed success but you owe it to yourself to give it a try.

I worked crap jobs for years. I used to drive a fork lift truck and while it was fun for a few months after several years it got depressing. When I first got into the music tuition and youth work, I was really struggling financially and there are still times now when work falls off or payments are delayed and the money isn't flowing in.

At these times I just have to remind myself how lucky I am. I can earn a great hourly wage doing a satisfying and rewarding job and nobody is the boss of me except me.

Get a business plan together now while still working your current job and if you can get off the ground then just go for it. Even if you don't succeed you will have less regrets than if you never give it a go.

You could perhaps even study to teach at the same time, they will even pay you a pittance to train. Then you will have that to fall back on if your business doesn't flourish.
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2009 10:32:12 AM
At 11/15/2009 4:53:03 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

You have a girlfriend.

Why you gotta be such a drag, rag?

(haha that rhymes)
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2009 12:59:01 PM
At 11/16/2009 10:32:12 AM, philosphical wrote:
At 11/15/2009 4:53:03 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

You have a girlfriend.

Why you gotta be such a drag, rag?

(haha that rhymes)
Having "dragginess" resulting from a lack of a girlfriend offers additional incentive to those with the power to change it.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2009 1:02:17 PM
At 11/16/2009 12:59:01 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Having "dragginess" resulting from a lack of a girlfriend offers additional incentive to those with the power to change it.

Without sounding patronizing (because I really don't mean to) but have you actually tried to get a girlfriend, Ragnar? It seems as if other people talk about trying and failing, but you just seem to talk about a lack thereof o.O
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2009 1:05:42 PM
At 11/16/2009 1:02:17 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 11/16/2009 12:59:01 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Without sounding patronizing (because I really don't mean to) but have you actually tried to get a girlfriend, Ragnar? It seems as if other people talk about trying and failing, but you just seem to talk about a lack thereof o.O

lol yeah, have you?
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.