Jump to topic:

Running out of things to do...

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 11:53:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Anybody know of anything fun to do when bored?

Better yet, who are the most active people on DDO? I can friend them and just watch my feed...

Also, give me some FPS titles I could look at on Steam. I play Arctic Combat right now and love it, but it gets tiring to just play the same maps over and over...
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 4:38:33 PM
Bump
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 4:44:50 PM
Read a book?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 4:49:40 PM
At 4/6/2013 4:47:18 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
FPS titles, as in, graphically taxing? If so, Metro 2033, it might still be on that sale..

First Person Shooter

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 5:08:52 PM
At 4/6/2013 4:44:50 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Read a book?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 5:15:18 PM
At 4/6/2013 4:49:40 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 4/6/2013 4:47:18 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
FPS titles, as in, graphically taxing? If so, Metro 2033, it might still be on that sale..

First Person Shooter

Oh, sorry. Been reading too many benchmarks :/ It's still a good game.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 5:31:57 PM
Try to become a high dan in Go. It's one of the most difficult things anyone can try to do and will certainly be time-consuming. Gokgs.com
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 5:51:12 PM
At 4/6/2013 5:08:52 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 4/6/2013 4:44:50 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Read a book?

I have trouble finding books I like... I have some Halo books to read though...

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 9:47:08 AM
Watch the anime series "Haibane Renmei" and "The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye." "Rurouni Kenshin" is also fun. These are thoughtful and interesting, not the Naruto genre.

Everyone should read some of the old science fiction classics like Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land," Asimov's "Foundation" trilogy, and Nevin's "Ringwold."
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 3:40:30 PM
Xbox, reading, mafia, have sex, go hiking, go to the gym, start some fun debates, find a hobby, make money, watch Dexter, watch breaking bad, watch the walking dead. These are the things I do for fun.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 4:28:03 PM
At 4/8/2013 9:47:08 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
Watch the anime series "Haibane Renmei" and "The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye." "Rurouni Kenshin" is also fun. These are thoughtful and interesting, not the Naruto genre.

Naruto was thoughtful and interesting at first......

Then it started to go to sh!t after the wave arc.

Everyone should read some of the old science fiction classics like Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land," Asimov's "Foundation" trilogy, and Nevin's "Ringwold."

I grok ya, and I totally agree.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 7:03:22 PM
At 4/6/2013 11:53:26 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:

Better yet, who are the most active people on DDO? I can friend them and just watch my feed...

Also, give me some FPS titles I could look at on Steam. I play Arctic Combat right now and love it, but it gets tiring to just play the same maps over and over...

Have considered a hobby that doesn't involve staring at a computer monitor or television screen?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 7:07:08 PM
At 4/8/2013 7:03:22 PM, sadolite wrote:

Have considered a hobby that doesn't involve staring at a computer monitor or television screen?

Why am I not surprised?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 7:09:10 PM
Find a good RTS, they can be awesome. Combat Arms is a pretty good multiplayer FPS for the PC, not taxing at all graphically.

Books wise, I would look up the Inheritence cycle, Percy Jackson series + the extended book series, Harry Potter, evidently Song of Ice and Fire is good. I would recommend getting a different interest though.

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 7:09:37 PM
At 4/8/2013 3:40:30 PM, TUF wrote:
Xbox, reading, mafia, have sex, go hiking, go to the gym, start some fun debates, find a hobby, make money, watch Dexter, watch breaking bad, watch the walking dead. These are the things I do for fun.

that and the TV shows are the only ones I don't do, while some(hiking and the gym for example) are difficult because I am only 14

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 7:11:14 PM
At 4/8/2013 7:09:10 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Find a good RTS, they can be awesome. Combat Arms is a pretty good multiplayer FPS for the PC, not taxing at all graphically.

Have it. Wasn't a huge fan because I had spent so much time on AC

Books wise, I would look up the Inheritence cycle, Percy Jackson series + the extended book series, Harry Potter, evidently Song of Ice and Fire is good. I would recommend getting a different interest though.

I have read the bold. Harry Potter I read twice

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 7:12:02 PM
At 4/8/2013 7:09:37 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:

that and the TV shows are the only ones I don't do, while some(hiking and the gym for example) are difficult because I am only 14

What state do you live in? And I can see their being a gym nearby somewhere. Ask your parents, sure they would be thrilled, hopefully.

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 7:13:24 PM

This is a pretty awesome list.

I would add: do homework, sleep, go running, work on core, extra curricular activities, get involved in local government (if you are interested), text, see a good movie at your local theater.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 7:13:30 PM
At 4/8/2013 7:11:14 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 4/8/2013 7:09:10 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Have it. Wasn't a huge fan because I had spent so much time on AC

I have read the bold. Harry Potter I read twice

Same. I'm gonna start Song of Ice and Fire.

Have you read the Nicholas Flamel series? The first book is called the Alchemyst.

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 7:13:59 PM
At 4/8/2013 7:12:02 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/8/2013 7:09:37 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:

What state do you live in? And I can see their being a gym nearby somewhere. Ask your parents, sure they would be thrilled, hopefully.

Actually my mom goes to the gym quite often, she just always picks the hour I am busy or at a friends house.

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 7:18:11 PM
At 4/8/2013 7:13:24 PM, Contra wrote:

I would add:

do homework,

done

sleep,

all the time already

go running,

I run cross country

work on core,

am about 2nd in class for most sit ups in a minute

extra curricular activities,

Yearbook, sports, I did ASB once, am going to be in a gaming club next year, some summer classes at Digipen, along with some summer school for extra credits in HS

get involved in local government (if you are interested),

USoDDO - I am one of the most active

text,

I never know what to text :/

see a good movie at your local theater.

can't drive, otherwise I would have seen the whole selection

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 8:03:36 PM
At 4/8/2013 7:18:11 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:

I would add:

do homework,

done

Lucky you. You could review your work or study for an upcoming test to improve your grades and GPA.

sleep,

all the time already

Lucky. Getting 8 1/2 hours a night is awesome for a school night.

go running,

I run cross country

Awesome, so do I. You probably do this, but run off season to stay in shape, to remain fit and competitive. So run by yourself or with others year round.

work on core,

Why aren't you first? Haha kidding. Other core exercises include push ups, leg lifts, planks (real), jackknives (really awesome for your core), and my favorite, chin ups.

Yearbook, sports, I did ASB once, am going to be in a gaming club next year, some summer classes at Digipen, along with some summer school for extra credits in HS

Ok that is a lot. Other ideas could be Quizbowl, debate team, or student council. Assuming your school has these programs.

What is that if I may ask?

text,

Understandable. I need to know the person better before I can text them much.

"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 1:12:57 AM
At 4/8/2013 8:03:36 PM, Contra wrote:
At 4/8/2013 7:18:11 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:

I would add:

do homework,

done

Lucky you. You could review your work or study for an upcoming test to improve your grades and GPA.

GPA is almost always 4.0, and I have had straight As all but 4 trimesters(out of 8), and only once was there more than 1 A-

sleep,

all the time already

Lucky. Getting 8 1/2 hours a night is awesome for a school night.

Sorry, I actually don't get a ton of sleep at night... I take like hour long naps random days

go running,

I run cross country

Awesome, so do I. You probably do this, but run off season to stay in shape, to remain fit and competitive. So run by yourself or with others year round.

I run on the treadmill, and run my dog

work on core,

Why aren't you first? Haha kidding. Other core exercises include push ups, leg lifts, planks (real), jackknives (really awesome for your core), and my favorite, chin ups.

Ok that is a lot. Other ideas could be Quizbowl, debate team, or student council. Assuming your school has these programs.

I thought that was why I joined this site.

What is that if I may ask?

Check the games tab under forums. It is basically a fake government for DDO.

text,

Understandable. I need to know the person better before I can text them much.

Honestly I only touch my phone once or twice a week. That is how little I am on it.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 3:40:04 PM
At 4/8/2013 7:07:08 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Why am I not surprised?

Surprised about what? Me suggesting something that doesn't involve staring at computer monitors and televisions? Is there something wrong with that?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 3:42:50 PM
Try to exercise so you can take me in a physical fight. That's probably the hardest task for you, considering I am indescribably powerful, physically.
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 8:02:53 PM
At 4/9/2013 3:42:50 PM, Mirza wrote:
Try to exercise so you can take me in a physical fight. That's probably the hardest task for you, considering I am indescribably powerful, physically.

And considering my bicep is likely smaller than your wrist. (I am 72 lbs.)

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 8:13:31 PM
At 4/9/2013 3:40:04 PM, sadolite wrote:

Why am I not surprised?

Surprised about what? Me suggesting something that doesn't involve staring at computer monitors and televisions? Is there something wrong with that?

We all have our own lives to consider, Sadolite. It's a bit unfortunate that you don't.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 8:31:10 PM
At 4/9/2013 8:13:31 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Why am I not surprised?

We all have our own lives to consider, Sadolite. It's a bit unfortunate that you don't.

Hmm, that must have been a bit too harsh of an interjection. But then again, considering whom it's addressed to...;)

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2013 8:31:55 PM
At 4/9/2013 8:31:10 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 4/9/2013 8:13:31 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Why am I not surprised?

Hmm, that might have been a bit too harsh of an interjection. But then again, considering whom it's addressed to...;)

Fixed.