Jump to topic:

The Day I... That Will Be The Day

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 11:52:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
They Day people stop giggling when they hear that my last name is actually 'Bench'.... That'll be the day
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 11:59:45 PM
Can comfortably and confidently profess to be a Renaissance Man...That will be the day.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 12:01:04 AM
At 4/12/2013 11:54:21 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
The day I put 100% effort into my education... That'll be the day.

The day I can conclude that education and school have largely become compatible... That will be the day. ;)

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 12:04:50 AM
At 4/12/2013 11:59:45 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Can comfortably and confidently profess to be a Renaissance Man...That will be the day.

That's a pretty noble aspiration. What does being a renaissance man mean to you?
Tsar of DDO
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 12:25:47 AM
At 4/13/2013 12:04:50 AM, YYW wrote:
At 4/12/2013 11:59:45 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

That's a pretty noble aspiration. What does being a renaissance man mean to you?

Hmm, to define it, offhand? I suppose I'd, without any intended pretense whatsoever, define being a renaissance man as becoming intimately acquainted, almost as with the tempo or spirit of, and required for, a number of different subject areas of inquiry and investigation.

Fairly difficult to achieve, but rewarding, given its intellectual consummation, as a prerequisite and, if successfully realized, a most wonderful prerogative.

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 6:27:17 AM
The day I stop lying, that'll be the day.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 6:15:39 PM
The day I stop drinking... that'll be the day.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 6:36:02 PM
The day where I am only 1 person... that will be the day.

I can explain if wanted.
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 8:47:03 PM
At 4/12/2013 11:52:29 PM, imabench wrote:
They Day people stop giggling when they hear that my last name is actually 'Bench'.... That'll be the day

I don't giggle when I found out your name was bench.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 9:10:09 PM
The day I finish all I set out to do and be motivated and happy when I do it... that'll be the day.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 10:28:33 PM
At 4/13/2013 8:47:03 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 11:52:29 PM, imabench wrote:

I don't giggle when I found out your name was bench.

I did. Therefore it is officially and objectively funny for everyone.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...