Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Buying Drugs on the Silk Road

Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 10:55:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
How to Buy Items* on the Silk Road

1. Download a Tor Browser [https://www.torproject.org...].
2. Go to the Silk Road in the Tor Browser: [http://silkroadvb5piz3r.onion...]
3. Make a Username and Password and Pin that you've NEVER used before and store it on paper, not on your computer or online.
4. Get a Bitcoin wallet [https://www.weusecoins.com...].
5. Transfer cash into Bitcoins using one of these methods [http://howdoyoubuybitcoins.com...].
6. Deposit Bitcoins into your Silk Road account.
7. The rest is up to you. Good luck!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 11:07:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/13/2013 10:55:30 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
How to Buy Items* on the Silk Road

1. Download a Tor Browser [https://www.torproject.org...].
2. Go to the Silk Road in the Tor Browser: [http://silkroadvb5piz3r.onion...]
3. Make a Username and Password and Pin that you've NEVER used before and store it on paper, not on your computer or online.
4. Get a Bitcoin wallet [https://www.weusecoins.com...].
5. Transfer cash into Bitcoins using one of these methods [http://howdoyoubuybitcoins.com...].
6. Deposit Bitcoins into your Silk Road account.
7. The rest is up to you. Good luck!

This is a good start, actually...

Have you ever bought anything from Silk Road? I ask only because I've never traded (though I've seen the marketplace). What was your experience like? Did you get what you paid for? The concept to me is fascinating, but equally disconcerting at the same time -to me at least.
Tsar of DDO
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2013 7:07:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Be careful on using Tor. It relies on user provided nodes, to re-route your connection. This leaves it open for governments to set up nodes to track any activity going through them.

I cannot stress this enough: It is not safe.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2013 7:08:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Oh, and there's the fact that the nodes you do route through also get a way into your computer.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2013 3:06:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
VPN FTW

(Apparently your post cannot be in all capital letters. Even if there are only six of them.)
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2013 5:52:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/14/2013 7:07:51 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Be careful on using Tor. It relies on user provided nodes, to re-route your connection. This leaves it open for governments to set up nodes to track any activity going through them.

I cannot stress this enough: It is not safe.

Buying and trafficking illegal drugs is, as I understand it, usually accompanied by some level of risk.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2013 5:52:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/14/2013 5:52:14 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 4/14/2013 7:07:51 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Be careful on using Tor. It relies on user provided nodes, to re-route your connection. This leaves it open for governments to set up nodes to track any activity going through them.

I cannot stress this enough: It is not safe.

Buying and trafficking illegal drugs is, as I understand it, usually accompanied by some level of risk.

My inside sources on this matter may be mistaken, though.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2013 6:42:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Wow. I was familiar with Tor before, but I never realised this existed (although I assumed something like it must). Thanks WSA, you thought me something today; I'm going deep web exploring.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 1:40:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/14/2013 5:52:49 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 4/14/2013 5:52:14 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 4/14/2013 7:07:51 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Be careful on using Tor. It relies on user provided nodes, to re-route your connection. This leaves it open for governments to set up nodes to track any activity going through them.

I cannot stress this enough: It is not safe.

Buying and trafficking illegal drugs is, as I understand it, usually accompanied by some level of risk.

My inside sources on this matter may be mistaken, though.

You don't say?
Tsar of DDO
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 1:46:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/14/2013 5:52:14 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 4/14/2013 7:07:51 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Be careful on using Tor. It relies on user provided nodes, to re-route your connection. This leaves it open for governments to set up nodes to track any activity going through them.

I cannot stress this enough: It is not safe.

Buying and trafficking illegal drugs is, as I understand it, usually accompanied by some level of risk.

There is a difference between 'some, and 'an extremely large amount'. When you buy off silk road, you generally have to buy in bulk. This can easily lead to charges on the level of federal drug trafficking.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 12:21:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/14/2013 7:07:51 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Be careful on using Tor. It relies on user provided nodes, to re-route your connection. This leaves it open for governments to set up nodes to track any activity going through them.

I cannot stress this enough: It is not safe.

Why does everyone else say that it's safe?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 1:20:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 12:21:26 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 4/14/2013 7:07:51 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Be careful on using Tor. It relies on user provided nodes, to re-route your connection. This leaves it open for governments to set up nodes to track any activity going through them.

I cannot stress this enough: It is not safe.

Why does everyone else say that it's safe?

Either they do not understand the system they are using, they are using greater protection than Tor, or they are lying.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 2:14:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 1:20:03 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 4/19/2013 12:21:26 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 4/14/2013 7:07:51 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Be careful on using Tor. It relies on user provided nodes, to re-route your connection. This leaves it open for governments to set up nodes to track any activity going through them.

I cannot stress this enough: It is not safe.

Why does everyone else say that it's safe?


Either they do not understand the system they are using, they are using greater protection than Tor, or they are lying.

I know almost nothing about computers, computer technology, etc. and even though I've read the explanation that TOR and Wikipedia offer for how TOR works, I don't know enough to know why that wouldn't be safe -but I'd like too. Could you explain it for us? (Preferably in language that a non-comp sci major could understand).
Tsar of DDO
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 4:59:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 2:14:33 PM, YYW wrote:
At 4/19/2013 1:20:03 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 4/19/2013 12:21:26 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 4/14/2013 7:07:51 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Be careful on using Tor. It relies on user provided nodes, to re-route your connection. This leaves it open for governments to set up nodes to track any activity going through them.

I cannot stress this enough: It is not safe.

Why does everyone else say that it's safe?


Either they do not understand the system they are using, they are using greater protection than Tor, or they are lying.

I know almost nothing about computers, computer technology, etc. and even though I've read the explanation that TOR and Wikipedia offer for how TOR works, I don't know enough to know why that wouldn't be safe -but I'd like too. Could you explain it for us? (Preferably in language that a non-comp sci major could understand).

Tor works by routing your connection through various nodes, essentially a point that takes your connection and re-routes it, this causes your connection to appear to come from one of the nodes, rather then your computer. But, what has started happening is that people will set up nodes to try and find weak connections to crack. Various governments have also taken to setting up nodes that will record all connections.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 8:18:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I must ask you then, what do you consider the most effective method for circumventing government surveillance online?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 3:59:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 12:21:26 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 4/14/2013 7:07:51 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Be careful on using Tor. It relies on user provided nodes, to re-route your connection. This leaves it open for governments to set up nodes to track any activity going through them.

I cannot stress this enough: It is not safe.

Why does everyone else say that it's safe?

If by safe, you mean 100% safe, then you are horribly wrong. But with the proper protections in place, I would say the silk road is about as safe as driving a car, as in eventually you may slip up and get caught.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 4:05:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 8:18:26 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
I must ask you then, what do you consider the most effective method for circumventing government surveillance online?

Not going online......

No, but seriously. First off, its a good start to use OpenSSL a program used to encrypt data you send out. But realistically, if you want to avoid government surveillance, learn to war-drive, and steal connections. They can't track your actions if they aren't already pointed at your connection. So, unless they have software on your computer, in which case you're screwed anyways, you will get a decent level of connection security in respect to avoiding surveillance.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Sui_Generis
Posts: 493
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 4:11:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Tor used correctly IS anonymous. Download TAILS, too. You boot into TAILS (an operating system that doesn't save anything permanently) and then use Tor. Exit nodes ARE able to see WHAT goes through them, however they (as far as I know) have no way to determine WHO it is (specifically) that is visiting these sites. Read up on it ALOT before doing anything illegal on it. Boot a library computer into TAILS and use Tor, following best practices, and you will not be caught. Be careless, log into facebook on Tor and Chrome on the same computer at the same time, enable ja<x>vascript or flash..... so many pitfalls. However it is possible to be anonymous. (bitcoins are NOT fully anonymous. So be aware of that. though they may be used safely, in certain instances)
"Mundus vult decipi--the world wants to be deceived. The truth is too complex and frightening; the taste for the truth is an acquired taste that few acquire."
-Martin Buber, I and Thou