Jump to topic:

Some reflections on boston

Anti-atheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 10:43:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Look i dont like muslims. I heavly dislike them. But what these muslims did was for the best. The jews had a hand in it too, but the muslims did the most.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

God controls the universe and his will and hand is in everything! I believe these bombings were necessary. It will teach boston to be more Christian and get back and right with god. I beleive we need to soften this tragety with humor and teach that this wasn't a bad thing ( I mean it was but it wasn't) Look at the video for example it helps america and people to understand God's will and God. It will help people convert to Christianity. I believe comments like "the event was da bomb. Remind them that everybody had a blast and that the crowd really exploded at the finish line. It really blew them away." are good ones to help humanity. I'm not saying what they did was Good but what they did had to happen and wasn't neccarly bad for america
Anti-atheist

Registered genius
Certified butt-f*cker

imabench for fuhrer '13
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 10:46:54 PM
Hahahah oh man this is bad but I can't stop laughing
I'm a terrible person
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Anti-atheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 10:47:02 PM
At 4/19/2013 10:45:30 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
You're trying way too hard troll.

Wha t are you talking about? This is my soul in this post
Anti-atheist

Registered genius
Certified butt-f*cker

imabench for fuhrer '13
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 10:52:03 PM
At 4/19/2013 10:47:02 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:

Dial it back some, I get what you're going for. I used to do the same thing back in the day but you're trying to hard. You're failing.
#BlackLivesMatter
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 10:52:58 PM
At 4/19/2013 10:52:03 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

Dial it back some, I get what you're going for. I used to do the same thing back in the day but you're trying to hard. You're failing.

but the video, it's all about the video.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 10:53:12 PM

No hes actually this stupid...

http://www.debate.org...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 10:53:43 PM
At 4/19/2013 10:43:30 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
Look i dont like muslims. I heavly dislike them. But what these muslims did was for the best. The jews had a hand in it too, but the muslims did the most.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

God controls the universe and his will and hand is in everything! I believe these bombings were necessary. It will teach boston to be more Christian and get back and right with god. I beleive we need to soften this tragety with humor and teach that this wasn't a bad thing ( I mean it was but it wasn't) Look at the video for example it helps america and people to understand God's will and God. It will help people convert to Christianity. I believe comments like "the event was da bomb. Remind them that everybody had a blast and that the crowd really exploded at the finish line. It really blew them away." are good ones to help humanity. I'm not saying what they did was Good but what they did had to happen and wasn't neccarly bad for america

Someones going for back to back appearences on the Weekly Stupid I see

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 10:54:23 PM
At 4/19/2013 10:53:12 PM, imabench wrote:

You're offering this as proof that he's not a troll??

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 10:57:55 PM
At 4/19/2013 10:54:23 PM, lewis20 wrote:

As an expert troll, I know the difference between people who are trolling and people who are just massive idiots. The point of trolling is to get an emotional response from somebody else other then you and make them fly off the ladder, not fly off the ladder yourself which is exactly what Anti-Atheist does all the time.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 10:59:42 PM
At 4/19/2013 10:57:55 PM, imabench wrote:

As an expert troll, I know the difference between people who are trolling and people who are just massive idiots. The point of trolling is to get an emotional response from somebody else other then you and make them fly off the ladder, not fly off the ladder yourself which is exactly what Anti-Atheist does all the time.

I'm not saying he was a good troll....

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:02:28 PM
At 4/19/2013 10:53:43 PM, imabench wrote:

This and his other comments are such obvious trolling attempts that you should just ignore it... its impossible for me and I imagine others to get worked up over this or shake my head by how stupid it is because that's exactly the point of it.

I think some sense of sincerity is what makes 'weekly stupid' material particularly interesting... This guy is just a troll, with a persona of a troll who is trying way too hard.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:05:10 PM

He's both a troll and a massive idiot. His emotional response seems to be his way of attempting at trolling more.
Debate.org Moderator
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:05:24 PM
Seriously though did no one else laugh? If that's the case I'll blame it on the alcohol.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:09:34 PM
At 4/19/2013 11:02:28 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

This and his other comments are such obvious trolling attempts that you should just ignore it... its impossible for me and I imagine others to get worked up over this or shake my head by how stupid it is because that's exactly the point of it.

I think some sense of sincerity is what makes 'weekly stupid' material particularly interesting... This guy is just a troll, with a persona of a troll who is trying way too hard.

I dunno airmax I think hes legit.... People who are overly attached to their religious beliefs tend to be capable of WAAAAAY stupider statements then any ordinary person... Just about every ridiculous claim against Gay Marriage, Atheism, Abortion, etc is usually said by a christian really attached to their faith, ScottyDouglas being a prime example.

AA also doesnt display typical troll behavior which, as an 89% troll myself, know extensively about.

1) He gets emotional rather then try to get others to act emotional
2) He stays completely out of the forums which is something most trolls dont do
3) Some of his debates ae textbook examples of Biblically driven religious zealots just trying to preach their warped views over others (http://www.debate.org...) which is something trolls usually dont do
4) The Westboro Baptist Church puts out the same kind of idiocy that AA does but people know that they are serious about it and that they are not just trolling people
5) Trolls dont completely lose their minds when someone points out that they are being an idiot. The textbook troll counter to an accusation is an ad-hominem or just dismissing the persons claims. AA though throws tantrums, which is the sign that he is a very religious but stupid person, not a troll

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:11:35 PM
He's definitely not sincere. No one can be that idiotic.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:11:41 PM
At 4/19/2013 11:05:10 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

He's both a troll and a massive idiot. His emotional response seems to be his way of attempting at trolling more.

Now if that IS the case where he is both a troll and a massive idiot, then anythig stupid he says isnt immediately classified as him just trying to troll, it is more then possible that he actually believes some of the stuff hes preaching. Since we cant tell which part is trolling and which part is stupidity, then the default in uncertain scenarios like AA doesnt automatically go to 'oh hes just trolling'

A man is always an idiot until proven to be a troll.

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:13:08 PM
At 4/19/2013 11:05:24 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Seriously though did no one else laugh? If that's the case I'll blame it on the alcohol.

I always laugh when people arbitrarily blame the Jews... I usually find that to be pretty hilarious... So I confess that I did laugh... overall the sardonic nature of the humor in this does appeal to my more cynical side.
Debate.org Moderator
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:13:13 PM
I mean, "I'm the true winner in every debate" is just complete insanity.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:13:35 PM
At 4/19/2013 11:11:35 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
He's definitely not sincere. No one can be that idiotic.

Browse around the religious forums, debates, and opinion submissions, you will find stupidity as far as the eye can see...

"There are only two things that are infinite, the Universe, and human stupidity, and im not so sure about the universe" - Einstein himself
http://randumbuzz.com...

Apeiron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:13:39 PM

nah, you're just a spineless tit
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:15:41 PM
At 4/19/2013 11:09:34 PM, imabench wrote:
At 4/19/2013 11:02:28 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I dunno airmax I think hes legit.... People who are overly attached to their religious beliefs tend to be capable of WAAAAAY stupider statements then any ordinary person... Just about every ridiculous claim against Gay Marriage, Atheism, Abortion, etc is usually said by a christian really attached to their faith, ScottyDouglas being a prime example.

AA also doesnt display typical troll behavior which, as an 89% troll myself, know extensively about.

1) He gets emotional rather then try to get others to act emotional
2) He stays completely out of the forums which is something most trolls dont do
3) Some of his debates ae textbook examples of Biblically driven religious zealots just trying to preach their warped views over others (http://www.debate.org...) which is something trolls usually dont do
4) The Westboro Baptist Church puts out the same kind of idiocy that AA does but people know that they are serious about it and that they are not just trolling people
5) Trolls dont completely lose their minds when someone points out that they are being an idiot. The textbook troll counter to an accusation is an ad-hominem or just dismissing the persons claims. AA though throws tantrums, which is the sign that he is a very religious but stupid person, not a troll

You make some very good points... I may have to reconsider my position.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:17:27 PM
At 4/19/2013 11:11:41 PM, imabench wrote:
At 4/19/2013 11:05:10 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Now if that IS the case where he is both a troll and a massive idiot, then anythig stupid he says isnt immediately classified as him just trying to troll, it is more then possible that he actually believes some of the stuff hes preaching. Since we cant tell which part is trolling and which part is stupidity, then the default in uncertain scenarios like AA doesnt automatically go to 'oh hes just trolling'

A man is always an idiot until proven to be a troll.

I'm pretty convinced he's an idiot... I'm just still on the fence about whether or not his posts are sincere or he's just trolling. This is your field of expertise though, and what you said above does seem to make a lot of sense.
Debate.org Moderator
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:20:21 PM
At 4/19/2013 11:13:08 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I always laugh when people arbitrarily blame the Jews... I usually find that to be pretty hilarious... So I confess that I did laugh... overall the sardonic nature of the humor in this does appeal to my more cynical side.

Oh I'm talking about the video, I didn't read everythinghe said.

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:23:15 PM
At 4/19/2013 11:13:39 PM, Apeiron wrote:

nah, you're just a spineless tit

The guy admitted to laughing at something many are going to find outrageously offensive, I wouldn't say he's spineless...

And was that really necessary?

The two members I know of that are theological ideologues in this thread also appear to have difficulty being civil... Let's do our best not to perpetuate any unfair stereotypes of the religious, alright?
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:27:37 PM
At 4/19/2013 11:20:21 PM, lewis20 wrote:

oh.. I didn't laugh at the vid cuz the joke was projected by the context... So I knew what was coming and the whole thing was just kinda over the top.. But I'm not offended by it either, since it's pretty much intended to offend.
Debate.org Moderator
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:28:57 PM

The video was ok. I saw the ending coming of course and those harlem shake videos rely on unpredictability . Still though, BLAME IT ON THE JUICE
#BlackLivesMatter
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:30:57 PM
I did chuckle at the video too for what its worth Lewis....

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 11:31:48 PM
At 4/19/2013 11:28:57 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

The video was ok. I saw the ending coming of course and those harlem shake videos rely on unpredictability . Still though, BLAME IT ON THE JUICE

LOL

I really think that's the best part of this post... But I am the juice, so its probly just me.
Debate.org Moderator