Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Illegally downloading media

dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 9:00:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Do you think the government should take action against those who illegally download music, movies, games etc? Does protecting intellectual property rights justify the steps necessary to do so?
Subutai
Posts: 3,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 9:54:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Politics forum that way ------------->
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 10:27:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 9:00:46 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
Do you think the government should take action against those who illegally...

Yes.
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 10:31:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 9:00:46 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
Do you think the government should take action against those who illegally download music, movies, games etc? Does protecting intellectual property rights justify the steps necessary to do so?

I'll answer after I get done watching a movie I pirated.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Subutai
Posts: 3,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 12:36:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 10:07:07 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 9:54:45 AM, Subutai wrote:
Politics forum that way ------------->

My cares :

Your intelligence :
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
YYW
Posts: 36,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 1:19:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 9:00:46 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
Do you think the government should take action against those who illegally download music, movies, games etc? Does protecting intellectual property rights justify the steps necessary to do so?

Don't download. Just stream.
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 1:27:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 9:00:46 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
Do you think the government should take action against those who illegally download music, movies, games etc? Does protecting intellectual property rights justify the steps necessary to do so?

Whatever is on youtube should be fair game for video/mp3 download. Other than that it can be illegal.
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 5:14:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 12:36:43 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 10:07:07 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 9:54:45 AM, Subutai wrote:
Politics forum that way ------------->

My cares :

Your intelligence :

I concur, it's so vast that attempting to express it in words would just be a futile endeavor.
Subutai
Posts: 3,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 7:21:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 5:14:44 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 12:36:43 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 10:07:07 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 9:54:45 AM, Subutai wrote:
Politics forum that way ------------->

My cares :

Your intelligence :

I concur, it's so vast that attempting to express it in words would just be a futile endeavor.

Your hypocrisy :
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Sui_Generis
Posts: 493
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 10:51:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 10:27:01 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 4/24/2013 9:00:46 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
Do you think the government should take action against those who illegally...

Yes.

QFT. The question is whetehr it should BE illegal.

Also, streaming IS downloading. Just downloading to a temporary folder...
"Mundus vult decipi--the world wants to be deceived. The truth is too complex and frightening; the taste for the truth is an acquired taste that few acquire."
-Martin Buber, I and Thou
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 10:58:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 7:21:39 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 5:14:44 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 12:36:43 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 10:07:07 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 9:54:45 AM, Subutai wrote:
Politics forum that way ------------->

My cares :

Your intelligence :

I concur, it's so vast that attempting to express it in words would just be a futile endeavor.

Your hypocrisy :

There's nothing there, silly.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 11:22:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This all goes back to intellectual property.

Intellectual property is not real property. It is not scarce, and your use of media does not take away its use from the creator. Your use and sharing of the media cuts off a future revenue stream for the creator of the media or the inventor of the process; the only way to justify laws that punish people for such "crimes" (lol) is if the inventor or creator is entitled to money in your wallet.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Subutai
Posts: 3,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 10:25:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 10:58:37 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 7:21:39 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 5:14:44 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 12:36:43 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 10:07:07 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 9:54:45 AM, Subutai wrote:
Politics forum that way ------------->

My cares :

Your intelligence :

I concur, it's so vast that attempting to express it in words would just be a futile endeavor.

Your hypocrisy :

There's nothing there, silly.

Yet again, your hypocrisy :
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 5:56:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/25/2013 10:25:25 AM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 10:58:37 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 7:21:39 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 5:14:44 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 12:36:43 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 10:07:07 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 9:54:45 AM, Subutai wrote:
Politics forum that way ------------->

My cares :

Your intelligence :

I concur, it's so vast that attempting to express it in words would just be a futile endeavor.

Your hypocrisy :

There's nothing there, silly.

Yet again, your hypocrisy :

Who me?
Subutai
Posts: 3,150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 7:30:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/25/2013 5:56:04 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/25/2013 10:25:25 AM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 10:58:37 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 7:21:39 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 5:14:44 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 12:36:43 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 10:07:07 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 9:54:45 AM, Subutai wrote:
Politics forum that way ------------->

My cares :

Your intelligence :

I concur, it's so vast that attempting to express it in words would just be a futile endeavor.

Your hypocrisy :

There's nothing there, silly.

Yet again, your hypocrisy :

Who me?

Yeah, you.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 7:32:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/25/2013 7:30:45 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/25/2013 5:56:04 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/25/2013 10:25:25 AM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 10:58:37 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 7:21:39 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 5:14:44 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 12:36:43 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 10:07:07 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 9:54:45 AM, Subutai wrote:
Politics forum that way ------------->

My cares :

Your intelligence :

I concur, it's so vast that attempting to express it in words would just be a futile endeavor.

Your hypocrisy :

There's nothing there, silly.

Yet again, your hypocrisy :

Who me?

Yeah, you.

Couldn't be.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 7:34:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 12:36:43 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 10:07:07 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 9:54:45 AM, Subutai wrote:
Politics forum that way ------------->

My cares :

Your intelligence :

That's hilarious, but not very nice
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 7:39:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/25/2013 7:34:35 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 4/24/2013 12:36:43 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 4/24/2013 10:07:07 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/24/2013 9:54:45 AM, Subutai wrote:
Politics forum that way ------------->

My cares :

Your intelligence :

That's hilarious, but not very nice

Neither is claiming that is hilarious.