Jump to topic:

A reason to be filled with wonder

dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2013 1:37:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Either we're the only intelligent species to ever exist, or there are others like us. Each of these are equally mind blowing to think about.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2013 1:42:24 PM
Call me crazy, but I don't find that amazing in the slightest. What's more amazing is that we have such a level of consciousness that we can even contemplate the significance our own existence. That has yet to be definitively explained, and yet it is such an immediate and pervasive experience.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2013 1:46:05 PM
At 4/28/2013 1:42:24 PM, 000ike wrote:
Call me crazy, but I don't find that amazing in the slightest. What's more amazing is that we have such a level of consciousness that we can even contemplate the significance our own existence. That has yet to be definitively explained, and yet it is such an immediate and pervasive experience.

You're a good candidate for the asylum.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2013 1:48:55 PM
At 4/28/2013 1:42:24 PM, 000ike wrote:

But I agree, consciousness is probably more mind blowing to contemplate.