Jump to topic:

Team Wars Game

BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2009 3:29:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Okay so here is the game I want to start that took me forever to come up with.
The goal: To be the only team remaining with points above 0.
There will be 8 teams of 4. These 8 teams will have "Day Phases" Where they can add one point and subtract two points from another team (other than themselves). This keeps going until we have two teams left. Then the voted out teams will vote on who is the winner. The way your group will communicate is through Private Message (with me in them) This isnt to be mistaken for Big Brother or Mafia. The thread can only have this or something similar to this:

GroupA Memeber wrote on 11/23/09 at 6:21PM

GROUP A DECISION DAY 1:
-2 points from Group C
+1 Point to Group F

Those points taken dont go to your team. There will be a politicking period in which you can confer with other groups and try to make some good allies.

Thoughts? Also, if the majority wants, sign ups?

Rules:
1) Only the "Chairman/woman" of a group may make the decision for each respective group.
2) Groups may be made by members and be approved by mod. (Me)

More will be added along the way.

So hows it sound?
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2009 4:30:40 PM
The only strategy involved would be, like "ooh, let's say we'll give them points but then not do it. So sneaky!"

It would just end up being mathematical monotony. A team would be randomly selected and then everyone would eliminate them whilst creating a system in which the added points were evenly distributed such that no one got any advantage from them.

It would be more interesting if you allowed private side-messages between teams.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2009 4:33:56 PM
Oh yeah, and it could likely happen that no one would win if you do not allow side PMs. It would get down to 3 teams, and they would try to evenly distribute the points so they wouldn't be eliminated.

And the people voting thing is kind of pointless. What would there motivation be? It would basically be a completely random outcome, since those teams no longer have interest in the game.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 1:53:07 PM
Just about every tournament attempted on this site has failed. Just saying.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light