Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 10:04:49 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Day phase 2

Rules:
1. All votes must be in bold to be counted. You have three options: Vote [name] by X, Unvote, or No Lynch. Vote [name] is a vote to lynch said player. X is the execution method by which you propose killing. If it involves a gun, the person whose gun is to be named and for the lynch to be successful they have to own the gun, say they own the gun, and consent to use. You may name any execution method you wish. I advise that it be a realistically lethal one. Rope is plentiful at hardware stores and this is a town with a significant number of trees, so if you want to be boring just say "Vote [name] by hanging." If the voters are creative with the execution measures, I will be creative with the consequences. This may or may not be good for them, it depends on what their creativity brought in.

2. A greater than 50% unanimity must be reached during a day phase in order to carry out a lynch or no lynch, and a majority of this majority must agree on the METHOD they have named in their votes in order to lynch. The day phase officially ends when I declare it as such. I will declare the end of a day phase as soon as I am online and able to confirm a majority vote, either to no lynch, to successfully lynch, or to exhaust themselves with a stupid nonlethal execution method. Players can retract votes if the moderator is not online to avoid lynch. Once I have ended the day phase, shut the **** up. Punishment shall vary with severity but no discussion is allowed in the thread after the day phase is over.

3. Players must not discuss the game outside of the day phase threads and private PMs I have started. That includes Facebook, the dinner table or anywhere else. I will be included in all PMs between privileged parties. If you, as a player, are invited to a PM under the pretense that it is "official," confirm that I am on the list of recipients. If not, report those players immediately. The penalty for violating this rule is immediate mod killing.

4. Dead players are not permitted to participate in the game, including both private PMs and the day phase threads. "demonstrable adantage" may be considered for severity of punishment, but no "Avenge me" is allowed.

5. No copying and pasting from private PMs between you and I. You may summarize something I supposedly said if you wish, but nobody has to believe you.

6. If you have to be gone for a day or two, let your fellow players know. I reserve the right to replace any player who isn't active.

7. You may communicate with me directly via the PMs with any questions, comments or concerns. You are also responsible for submitting your night actions to me in a timely manner. Additionally, if any questions are directed to the moderator in the day phase thread, you may ask me there publicly as well as via PM (to ensure that I respond to it quickly in the thread for everyone).

8. This game will start with the Day Phase, so everyone listed below is alive and well.

9. Some of you have roles in this game. There are no rules against revealing these roles, but be warned, doing so early in the game could have devastating consequences. Moreover, people can (and probably will) lie about their roles. I don't have a problem with people claiming to be whatever character or having whatever role. You can even make up a phoney summary from a PM that I supposedly sent you. The reason I'm allowing this (for now... we'll see how it works out) is because I think deception is a huge part of this game. Of course I as moderator will try and make sure this doesn't get out of hand. However, I think it's up to you - the players - to utilize your own knowledge/logic and the story to determine whether or not you believe someone.

10. The story may or may not be helpful. Up to you to figure that out. It will, however, not be privy to things your characters would not be privy to in real life, to the best of my ability.

11. To avoid this game going on for months, there will be phase limits. Until further notice, each day phase has a 4 day limit. Each night phase has a 3 day limit. Day phases that reach the limit end in a No Lynch (subject to my judgement). Night phases that reach the limit will cause actions not submitted to be forfeit. These limits are flexible and can be changed pending special circumstances, and are up to my discretion.

12. The townies win when all mafia and any other hostile parties that may or may not exist are eliminated. The mafia wins when all townies and any other hostile parties to them that may or may not exist are eliminated. There is no "mathematical superiority" clause. If your team believes itself to be the mathematically inevitable winner, it had best follow through and prove it by its actions. In mafia there are things called roles. Some of them make apparent mathematical inevitabilities untrue. Maybe there are some of those. Maybe there aren't. Maybe I haven't foreseen how some of these will work and I want to unleash player creativity.

13. I reserve the right to implement or change/switch up roles throughout the game.

14. All players reserve the right to "keep a common piece of notebook paper in their pockets", filled with up to 300 characters. If nothing interferes with this, those 300 characters or less will be found on your person along with your death. This may or may not be important for your situation. That's up to you to decide. They create this piece of paper by pming it to me during any night phase, as long as they survive said night phase.

15. Despite the above, don't rely too much on death messages. I'm not going to tell you the alignment of dead players, at least not in so many words (maybe they will in their notepads, but they could be lying). Maybe the things you do see will tell you this. Maybe they won't.

16. Your role description, if you get one, or hell even if you don't, isn't an exact science. I'll hint toward the things you can generally safely do in a night, and I'll tell you if your role or lack thereof isn't competent for much of anything. You are free to try to bite off more than I say you can chew if you are desperate or daring, just describe what you're going to do as though it were a story. It'll probably have negative consequences for you, and the more you do it the less you might get out of it and the worse the consequences are likely to be. But you are free to try. A fat ugly guy is free to message me that he'll be visiting someone's house and attempting to occupy their time by sleeping with them. Unless he stumbles on some gay with a chubby fetish, which he probably won't, he's probably going to die, or be revealed for the attempt, or have his vocal cords ripped out by the family dog. But he can try it.

17. Have fun! Report anything suspicious! Don't cheat!

18. No posts consisting entirely of a numerical position in a sequence from here on out.

CORPORATE MCCORPORATE NEWS NETWORK BROADCAST:

"Last night in Ryopia, a number of tragedies occurred out of nowhere. For starters, the town inexplicably lynched a woman, Lily Taggins, of unknown profession, who had a number of items of a private nature within her home, in addition to a subscription to a moderate political newsletter..

A man identified as Sousuke Sagoor (BellumQuodPacis) was found burned to ashes from a freak lightning strike, investigation of his home turned up nothing interesting.

Robert Robertson (Clockwork) was found shot inside his home. A strange robot left the scene at incredible speed when our reporters arrived. A copy of Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein was found folded open nearby. Our reporters recovered the following tape from a recorder the victim had owned that was playing at the scene. *A grainy tape plays and shows Cody_Franklin stalking through a hallway*

Rosey Red (PCMbrown) was shot holding a gun that had evidently been fired somewhere else. Investigation of her home turned up a great deal of FDR memoribilia.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 10:05:18 PM
(CONT) Joseph is on the broadcast! He says; "some whackjob tried to burn down my hardware store. I shot in their general direction, they ran like ninnies. Good thing I have a fire extinguisher!"

The following people are in the town square at this time:

1. Nags
2. wjmelements
3. Jblake
5. KRFournier
7. WonderWoman
8. theLwerd
10. Vi_Veri
11. Leafrod, who looks rather tired btw.
12. Alex_hanson911, who grunts and groans a little.
13. Puck
14. mongeese
15. ournamestoolong
16. GhostWriter
18. SportsGuru
19. feverish
20. crackofdawn_jr
21. ToastOfDestiny
22. Mongoose
25. Chrysippus
26. Cody_Franklin

If anyone on this list shouldn't be in the town square right now lemme know privately lol.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 10:11:08 PM
Rub your eyes, you didn't see Chrysippus in the square, sorry.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 10:11:30 PM
Looks like Clockwork caught his killer on camera (Cody Franklin). Now, does this mean mafia kill or vigilante type kill?
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 10:20:21 PM
Ok, looks like PCMbrown might have been mafia -- FDR memorabilia? Sounds really liberal to me lol -- so looks like we got a mafia last night...

But unfortunately, we have a townie death.

Clockwork was probably a townie -- Robert Heinlein has libertarian elements to his books. That would make Cody Franklin killing him really shady (being caught on tape doing it too, damn Cody).

I vote to lynch Cody Franklin.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 10:22:53 PM
Oh, also, it looks like Phil was probably the role blocker! So, maybe 2 mafia down? Eh, I'm beginning to hate this no concrete answer stuff...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 10:33:57 PM
(OOC: I think some of you will find this amusing:

Posted by:
BellumQuodPacis
BellumQuodPacis
16-year old male in Patrick AFB, Florida, United States.
Debates: 2
Wins: 50.00%
Percentile: 49th
Ideology: Liberal
Party: Light Party
Online: Right Now
BellumQuodPacis

Is it possible for me to come back to life as a twist? :D
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 @ 10:25:55 PM
Posted by:
Ragnar_Rahl
Ragnar_Rahl
20-year old male in Seattle, Washington, United States.
Debates: 135
Wins: 62.79%
Percentile: 99th
Ideology: Libertarian
Party: Undecided
Ragnar_Rahl

This is Obvious Random Propaganda, not Obvious Zombie Movie.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 @ 10:26:30 PM
Posted by:
BellumQuodPacis
BellumQuodPacis
BellumQuodPacis

Can the almighty God bring me back to life?
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 @ 10:28:08 PM
Posted by:
Ragnar_Rahl
Ragnar_Rahl
Ragnar_Rahl

*should read Randian not Random.* God doesn't exist.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 @ 10:29:17 PM
Posted by:
BellumQuodPacis
BellumQuodPacis
BellumQuodPacis

Can joseph give me a potion?
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 @ 10:30:09 PM
Posted by:
Ragnar_Rahl
Ragnar_Rahl
Ragnar_Rahl

This isn't Harry Potafia either.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 @ 10:31:00 PM
Posted by:
BellumQuodPacis
BellumQuodPacis
BellumQuodPacis

What if i give the mod a blow jo-.....cookie.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 @ 10:32:32 PM
Posted by:
Ragnar_Rahl
Ragnar_Rahl
Ragnar_Rahl

See that little hole with an arrow symbol to the left of your name? You'd have a significantly better change if it was a hole with a cross... if I didn't know you were lying.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 @ 10:32:43 PM
Posted by:
Ragnar_Rahl
Ragnar_Rahl
Ragnar_Rahl

*chance.*
)
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 10:34:00 PM
At 11/25/2009 10:22:53 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Oh, also, it looks like Phil was probably the role blocker!

Haha.. roleblocker as a prostitute. Classy, R_R.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 10:36:55 PM
Lynch Cody. Not sure what method though. I'd also like to hear from Leaf and alex about the descriptions that R_R lists them in.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 10:37:54 PM
At 11/25/2009 10:34:00 PM, Puck wrote:
At 11/25/2009 10:22:53 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Oh, also, it looks like Phil was probably the role blocker!

Haha.. roleblocker as a prostitute. Classy, R_R.

Well, the role blocker role is typically called the Prostitute lol :)
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 10:41:20 PM
I'm going to have to go ahead and cast my vote for Cody_Franklin (via hanging) on this one. Obviously Cody tried to carry out the kill with a remote control robot; however, Clockwork's camera caught him in the act. If he were just lurking Puck then a SHOT wouldn't have killed Clockwork. Moreover, why would Cody (or anyone) watch Clockwork? He wasn't a major player in the last day phase and didn't do anything suspicious to warrant such observation. So, clearly it was an intentional kill and the perpetrator got caught red handed.
President of DDO
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 4:46:58 AM
He was seen stalking through someone's house with a gun. At the very least this requires an explanation.

I vote to kill Cody_Franklin with FIRE
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 5:21:31 AM
At 11/26/2009 4:46:58 AM, ournamestoolong wrote:
He was seen stalking through someone's house with a gun. At the very least this requires an explanation.

Why would you add an unnecessary complication with fire?
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 6:52:29 AM
At 11/26/2009 5:21:31 AM, Puck wrote:
At 11/26/2009 4:46:58 AM, ournamestoolong wrote:

Why would you add an unnecessary complication with fire?

Well, I just thought the more pain we threatened, the better chance we would have at an explanation.

We would have to search his body first and make sure we didn't burn anything valuable.
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 7:27:50 AM
At 11/26/2009 6:52:29 AM, ournamestoolong wrote:

Well, I just thought the more pain we threatened, the better chance we would have at an explanation.

Ya do realise Cody won't actually burn? Threatening a rpg character such as these ones holds little merit as having a motivational quality.

That and you appear to be acting out some arsonist fantasy or role. :P

ournamestoolong

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message11/18/2009 4:49:46 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
Is the rope flammable? A flaming lynch would be awesome.

A fire in the hardware store too?

We would have to search his body first and make sure we didn't burn anything valuable.

By killing him first to search the body?
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 8:13:39 AM
*A grainy tape plays and shows Cody_Franklin stalking through a hallway*

This may not prove that Cody is the killer, but it at least proves he is a stalker :P

As it is the best lead we have, I vote to Lynch Cody by hanging
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 8:37:23 AM
Sportsguru drives NEE
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 8:38:18 AM
This should be a fairly straightforward lynch of Cody Franklin by hanging.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

reveal why you answer with a question mark
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 8:38:41 AM
Imma go develop my character some.
Our demise and industrial destruction
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

reveal why you answer with a question mark
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 8:38:53 AM
Cody Franklin begins to walk toward his vehicle. All eyes are on him. Wat do?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 8:40:02 AM
Chrysippus arrives
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 9:02:11 AM
Toast drives W
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 9:13:07 AM
WJM drives north.