Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Request

GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2013 2:04:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Could someone do me a huge favor and post some links to success stories after drug withdrawal? Only positive ones... thanks. I'm having a hard time finding any myself.

By the way it doesn't matter what kind of drug.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2013 5:56:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I don't think you will find many. Who wants to tell the world they were a drug addict?

I used drugs then I quit, BFD. I dont expect any acknowledgement at all. I willfully and wantonly f-ed up my own life then it got better when I quit. Ain't rocket science. You either get sick of living the life of a drug user or you don't. There are only two options to drug use.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2013 6:46:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/20/2013 5:56:47 PM, sadolite wrote:
I don't think you will find many. Who wants to tell the world they were a drug addict?

I used drugs then I quit, BFD. I dont expect any acknowledgement at all. I willfully and wantonly f-ed up my own life then it got better when I quit. Ain't rocket science. You either get sick of living the life of a drug user or you don't. There are only two options to drug use.

You may not be aware of it, but that is one *sshole of a post.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2013 6:50:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I suggest looking up stories and studies of alcohol, meth and heroin addicts who were administered psychedelic drugs and fully recovered. It's absolutely amazing. The science is real. Psychedelic experiences are an easy cure for addiction.

If you have a friend who's suffering from addiction, I recommend getting them salvia. It's powerful and legal in most states.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2013 6:51:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/20/2013 6:46:05 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 5/20/2013 5:56:47 PM, sadolite wrote:
I don't think you will find many. Who wants to tell the world they were a drug addict?

I used drugs then I quit, BFD. I dont expect any acknowledgement at all. I willfully and wantonly f-ed up my own life then it got better when I quit. Ain't rocket science. You either get sick of living the life of a drug user or you don't. There are only two options to drug use.

You may not be aware of it, but that is one *sshole of a post.

He's sadolite. I don't blame anymore. It has to be hard when the only two emotions you possess are pride and contempt.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 12:29:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/20/2013 6:50:11 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I suggest looking up stories and studies of alcohol, meth and heroin addicts who were administered psychedelic drugs and fully recovered. It's absolutely amazing. The science is real. Psychedelic experiences are an easy cure for addiction.

I did some research on this topic a while back, and I found few, if any, convincing self reports of this happening. There are a lot of 'studies' claiming this, but I want to hear the actual people themselves report that psychedelics cured their addiction. Could you find a couple for me?


If you have a friend who's suffering from addiction, I recommend getting them salvia. It's powerful and legal in most states.

Thanks for the advice, but actually, this thread is about me. I'm not addicted to any drug, but I'm suffering some long lasting 'side effects' from an antidepressant that really wrecked my life and I wanted some stories that could give me more hope to trudge on, you know?

Psychedelic experiences are an easy cure for addiction.

If this is true, it must be true only for a VERY FEW people, because else, I would be reading this everywhere.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 5:05:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/20/2013 6:46:05 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 5/20/2013 5:56:47 PM, sadolite wrote:
I don't think you will find many. Who wants to tell the world they were a drug addict?

I used drugs then I quit, BFD. I dont expect any acknowledgement at all. I willfully and wantonly f-ed up my own life then it got better when I quit. Ain't rocket science. You either get sick of living the life of a drug user or you don't. There are only two options to drug use.

You may not be aware of it, but that is one *sshole of a post.

I'm sorry you look at it that way, but reality is reality. I have no pity for people who use drugs and will never put them on a pedestal for quiting. Quiting drug use is not an accomplishment in life. Quiting drugs is a reverse of a bad life decision. Why should someone be praised for not doing what is known to all to be bad in the first place. I quit using drugs, so what, BFD. I knew it was bad when I started and so does everyone else who doesn't live in a hole in the middle of Siberia.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 5:06:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
sadolite, is there anything you think a person could be praised for? Because it sounds like you're saying that in any case where a person does the right thing rather than the wrong thing, they shouldn't be praised because they're just doing their duty.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 6:08:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
sadolite is a fagg*t. People get addicted to drugs involuntarily too, anyways:

Forced prostitution
Prescribed pain pills
Prescribed antidepressents
etc.

So f*ck off.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 6:55:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/21/2013 5:06:45 PM, philochristos wrote:
sadolite, is there anything you think a person could be praised for? Because it sounds like you're saying that in any case where a person does the right thing rather than the wrong thing, they shouldn't be praised because they're just doing their duty.

"sadolite, is there anything you think a person could be praised for?'

Plenty< A good work ethic, A job well done, Practicing at something that increases your skills of intrest that doesnt involve breaking the law or using drugs, Good grades in school, I could go on and on.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 6:58:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/21/2013 6:55:02 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/21/2013 5:06:45 PM, philochristos wrote:
sadolite, is there anything you think a person could be praised for? Because it sounds like you're saying that in any case where a person does the right thing rather than the wrong thing, they shouldn't be praised because they're just doing their duty.



"sadolite, is there anything you think a person could be praised for?'

Plenty< A good work ethic, A job well done, Practicing at something that increases your skills of intrest that doesnt involve breaking the law or using drugs, Good grades in school, I could go on and on.

And no to doing your duty. It is your duty to do it. If you don't do it it affects everyone around you negatively. Doing things above and beyound your duty are what should be praised.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 7:06:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/21/2013 6:08:24 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
sadolite is a fagg*t. People get addicted to drugs involuntarily too, anyways:

Forced prostitution
Prescribed pain pills
Prescribed antidepressents
etc.

So f*ck off.

Personal insults indicate a lack of anything intelligent to say. Prescription drugs are no different than any other drug, drugs are drugs. Forced prostitution? Not the topic of this thread. I would have pity for that person if they were forced to take drugs against their will. No one who is not a prisoner or captive without fear of death is forced to take or abuse drugs.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 12:13:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/21/2013 7:06:05 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/21/2013 6:08:24 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
sadolite is a fagg*t. People get addicted to drugs involuntarily too, anyways:

Forced prostitution
Prescribed pain pills
Prescribed antidepressents
etc.

So f*ck off.

Personal insults indicate a lack of anything intelligent to say. Prescription drugs are no different than any other drug, drugs are drugs. Forced prostitution? Not the topic of this thread. I would have pity for that person if they were forced to take drugs against their will. No one who is not a prisoner or captive without fear of death is forced to take or abuse drugs.

Lol, I can't believe I called you a faggot. I had typed that last message up on my phone. Funny how using my phone influenced me to use casual language... on this site I try to keep things professional. My bad, sorry.

Mentally ill people are often forced to take drugs.

Besides, it's pretty disgusting that you think overcoming a drug addiction isn't worthy of praise. Are there ANY vices where overcoming them can be worthy of praise?

Plenty< A good work ethic, A job well done, Practicing at something that increases your skills of intrest that doesnt involve breaking the law or using drugs, Good grades in school, I could go on and on.

Um, overcoming a drug addiction is a MOTHERF*CKING JOB WELL F*CKING DONE. It's one of the few things where if you don't give it 100%, you FAIL MISERABLY. It's an all or nothing thing that often involves dedication your entire life to. And praise is VERY helpful in actually helping the drug addict succeed.

You also seem to be ignorant of the fact that not everyone who starts drugs is well informed. What about the kid in the hood whose father is in prison and only knows the 'game'...? He shouldn't be praised for turning his life around?
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 12:15:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Prescription drugs are no different than any other drug, drugs are drugs.

My cousin's dad had a back accident and ended up taking OxyContin for years, in large doses because his doctor told him too. He wanted to quit one day, but couldn't. It was a long and difficult process during which he almost became an alcoholic.

He shouldn't get any praise at all?
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 12:50:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/21/2013 6:55:02 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/21/2013 5:06:45 PM, philochristos wrote:
sadolite, is there anything you think a person could be praised for?

Plenty< A good work ethic, A job well done, Practicing at something that increases your skills of intrest that doesnt involve breaking the law or using drugs, Good grades in school, I could go on and on.

But you said, "Why should someone be praised for not doing what is known to all to be bad in the first place." The alternative to having a good work ethic is having a bad work ethic, so why should a person be praised for having a good work ethic? Same thing with a job well done, increasing skills, making good grades, etc.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 12:51:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/21/2013 6:58:56 PM, sadolite wrote:

And no to doing your duty. It is your duty to do it. If you don't do it it affects everyone around you negatively. Doing things above and beyound your duty are what should be praised.

So you think having a good work ethic is going above and beyond your duty?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 5:11:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/22/2013 12:51:46 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 5/21/2013 6:58:56 PM, sadolite wrote:

And no to doing your duty. It is your duty to do it. If you don't do it it affects everyone around you negatively. Doing things above and beyound your duty are what should be praised.

So you think having a good work ethic is going above and beyond your duty?

Uh, ya. You ever work with someone who does the absolute least possible in order to keep their job. That isn't my job, I just work here.

I still have no pity for those who knowingly and intentionally use and abuse drugs and never will. Been there, did that, done that. The ignorance argument just wants to make me gag. Is there anyone on this site that doesn't know about drugs and their dangers? You can't go a single day without being told or read somewhere the dangers of drugs. I would be willing to bet that most everyone approves of the legalization of drugs that disagrees with my position. Of course we all know you are all against the legalization of drugs, because it would be counter productive to your argument if you were in favor of legalizing drugs and at the same time make the praise and ignorance arguments.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 1:14:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/22/2013 5:11:34 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/22/2013 12:51:46 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 5/21/2013 6:58:56 PM, sadolite wrote:

And no to doing your duty. It is your duty to do it. If you don't do it it affects everyone around you negatively. Doing things above and beyound your duty are what should be praised.

So you think having a good work ethic is going above and beyond your duty?

Uh, ya. You ever work with someone who does the absolute least possible in order to keep their job. That isn't my job, I just work here.

I still have no pity for those who knowingly and intentionally use and abuse drugs and never will. Been there, did that, done that. The ignorance argument just wants to make me gag. Is there anyone on this site that doesn't know about drugs and their dangers? You can't go a single day without being told or read somewhere the dangers of drugs. I would be willing to bet that most everyone approves of the legalization of drugs that disagrees with my position. Of course we all know you are all against the legalization of drugs, because it would be counter productive to your argument if you were in favor of legalizing drugs and at the same time make the praise and ignorance arguments.

Uhm, I strongly support 100% legalization of ALL drugs but I'm also strongly against using them... so out the window with your theory...

You still aren't making any sense. You act like it's always a clear cut line between unintentionally abusing drugs, and not abusing them. There isn't always one. I could provide examples, but I guess you don't need 'em because you 'been there' and 'done that' and your experience is sufficient to understand EVERY OTHER DRUG USER OUT THERE.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 2:04:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/23/2013 1:14:46 AM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 5/22/2013 5:11:34 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/22/2013 12:51:46 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 5/21/2013 6:58:56 PM, sadolite wrote:

And no to doing your duty. It is your duty to do it. If you don't do it it affects everyone around you negatively. Doing things above and beyound your duty are what should be praised.

So you think having a good work ethic is going above and beyond your duty?

Uh, ya. You ever work with someone who does the absolute least possible in order to keep their job. That isn't my job, I just work here.

I still have no pity for those who knowingly and intentionally use and abuse drugs and never will. Been there, did that, done that. The ignorance argument just wants to make me gag. Is there anyone on this site that doesn't know about drugs and their dangers? You can't go a single day without being told or read somewhere the dangers of drugs. I would be willing to bet that most everyone approves of the legalization of drugs that disagrees with my position. Of course we all know you are all against the legalization of drugs, because it would be counter productive to your argument if you were in favor of legalizing drugs and at the same time make the praise and ignorance arguments.

Uhm, I strongly support 100% legalization of ALL drugs but I'm also strongly against using them... so out the window with your theory...

You still aren't making any sense. You act like it's always a clear cut line between unintentionally abusing drugs, and not abusing them. There isn't always one. I could provide examples, but I guess you don't need 'em because you 'been there' and 'done that' and your experience is sufficient to understand EVERY OTHER DRUG USER OUT THERE.

Uhm, I strongly support 100% legalization of ALL drugs but I'm also strongly against using them... so out the window with your theory...

So you would enable people to get drugs and then have pitty for them when they become addicted to drugs? Then if they manage to quit drugs you will hold them up as some kind of role modle and praise them for quiting drugs? Interesting.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 10:53:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/23/2013 2:04:20 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/23/2013 1:14:46 AM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
At 5/22/2013 5:11:34 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/22/2013 12:51:46 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 5/21/2013 6:58:56 PM, sadolite wrote:

And no to doing your duty. It is your duty to do it. If you don't do it it affects everyone around you negatively. Doing things above and beyound your duty are what should be praised.

So you think having a good work ethic is going above and beyond your duty?

Uh, ya. You ever work with someone who does the absolute least possible in order to keep their job. That isn't my job, I just work here.

I still have no pity for those who knowingly and intentionally use and abuse drugs and never will. Been there, did that, done that. The ignorance argument just wants to make me gag. Is there anyone on this site that doesn't know about drugs and their dangers? You can't go a single day without being told or read somewhere the dangers of drugs. I would be willing to bet that most everyone approves of the legalization of drugs that disagrees with my position. Of course we all know you are all against the legalization of drugs, because it would be counter productive to your argument if you were in favor of legalizing drugs and at the same time make the praise and ignorance arguments.

Uhm, I strongly support 100% legalization of ALL drugs but I'm also strongly against using them... so out the window with your theory...

You still aren't making any sense. You act like it's always a clear cut line between unintentionally abusing drugs, and not abusing them. There isn't always one. I could provide examples, but I guess you don't need 'em because you 'been there' and 'done that' and your experience is sufficient to understand EVERY OTHER DRUG USER OUT THERE.

Uhm, I strongly support 100% legalization of ALL drugs but I'm also strongly against using them... so out the window with your theory...


So you would enable people to get drugs and then have pitty for them when they become addicted to drugs? Then if they manage to quit drugs you will hold them up as some kind of role modle and praise them for quiting drugs? Interesting.

'enabling'...

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

You make no sense.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 1:37:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/20/2013 2:04:41 PM, GarretKadeDupre wrote:
Could someone do me a huge favor and post some links to success stories after drug withdrawal? Only positive ones... thanks. I'm having a hard time finding any myself.

By the way it doesn't matter what kind of drug.

My sister was a really big drug abuser for a while. The only reason I know, is because she used to be a bigger girl, and then she got really really skinny, really fast. Also, because I helped my dad clean out her apartment when she moved. She was on heroin, coke, and I think she might have been on meth because I found a fair bit in her closet. But she shared the place with her a$$ hole boyfriend, so it could have been his. Now she works at a co-op vegan restaurant and food store, cooking vegan meals. She loves it.

My older brother used to be addicted to coke, but he managed to get off it. He's still not doing great at life, but that's because he has anger problems.

The best I have for myself is smoking.

As to the thing that Freedo mentioned about psychedelics. Here's an interesting video by Vice.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 4:41:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So you would enable people to get drugs and then have pitty for them when they become addicted to drugs? Then if they manage to quit drugs you will hold them up as some kind of role modle and praise them for quiting drugs? Interesting.

'enabling'...

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

You make no sense.

When society condones the use of drugs by legalizing them, society becomes an "enabler" When it taxes them, it becomes an abuser as it must get people to use drugs to continue to collect revenue to support it's drug money earmarks.

And then I am supposed to pity those who become addicted to drugs and praise them for quiting. PFFF
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Lizard
Posts: 53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 1:37:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This TEDtalk guy talks about his experience with something called "Ayahuasca" and how it helped him. Apparently it's helped a lot of people kick their drug habits. I haven't done it myself, but it's probably worth looking into.

http://www.youtube.com...

http://www.takiwasi.com...
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 2:15:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Garret, are you looking for drugs in general, or would you like us to try to find ones about the types of drugs you were on?

It's a lot easier to find general drug recovery stories, than it is to find legit stories of people who first, had negative outcomes from their Rx (to the extent you're indicating, where there's long-term effects, not the general SSRIs suck stories which clear up when they stop taking them); if you think it would help you more to have inspiring stories about that than about drugs in general, we can try to find those.

As regards to the other debate that this turned into:

Is there anything wrong with someone looking for inspiration to get on the right path? Shouldn't that be preferred, regardless of whether you look down your nose at someone who you feel ISN'T on the right path? Seriously; GKD wasn't looking for "Hey everybody, tell me how awesome I am!", he was honestly asking about some stories to help him see the light at the end of the tunnel. That should be encouraged, I think, particularly by those most judgemental about drug use of any kind.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 3:07:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 4:41:54 PM, sadolite wrote:
So you would enable people to get drugs and then have pitty for them when they become addicted to drugs? Then if they manage to quit drugs you will hold them up as some kind of role modle and praise them for quiting drugs? Interesting.

'enabling'...

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

You make no sense.

When society condones the use of drugs by legalizing them, society becomes an "enabler"

No. Legal or not, drugs are available and people are using them. So society is 'enabling' (by your use of the word) drug users already. My idea is to legalize drugs to reduce danger associated with the black market and misinformation. Neither legalization nor prohibition will remove the dangers inherent within drug use.

At 5/25/2013 2:15:00 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Garret, are you looking for drugs in general, or would you like us to try to find ones about the types of drugs you were on?

It would be nice to find some related to SSRIs or SNRIs, but I'm fine with any time. I've found several at paxilprogress.org, but only a couple were actually the kind that make you excited to get through this.


It's a lot easier to find general drug recovery stories, than it is to find legit stories of people who first, had negative outcomes from their Rx (to the extent you're indicating, where there's long-term effects, not the general SSRIs suck stories which clear up when they stop taking them); if you think it would help you more to have inspiring stories about that than about drugs in general, we can try to find those.

As regards to the other debate that this turned into:

Is there anything wrong with someone looking for inspiration to get on the right path? Shouldn't that be preferred, regardless of whether you look down your nose at someone who you feel ISN'T on the right path? Seriously; GKD wasn't looking for "Hey everybody, tell me how awesome I am!", he was honestly asking about some stories to help him see the light at the end of the tunnel. That should be encouraged, I think, particularly by those most judgemental about drug use of any kind.

Thanks. I don't even see how it could be construed that I was asking for praise, since I'm not even addicted in the common sense of the word to anything... I don't have any urges to use anything.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:16:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The statistics are easy to find, 10% of the American population have overcome a problem with drugs/alcohol and 34% have quit smoking. http://healthland.time.com...

Sadolite has a point, people who quit drugs don't post their experiences online. Some do out of request by organisations, but largely they keep it to themselves. Why would you tell everyone about a mistake in your life that you fixed? Even if you feel very good about it, it is usually one of the more personal things that most people don't like to tell people.

You may be able to speak to your closest counselling psychologist to see if they have been dealing with other drug addicts and their stories.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 7:17:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 12:16:19 AM, Smithereens wrote:
The statistics are easy to find, 10% of the American population have overcome a problem with drugs/alcohol and 34% have quit smoking. http://healthland.time.com...

Sadolite has a point, people who quit drugs don't post their experiences online. Some do out of request by organisations, but largely they keep it to themselves. Why would you tell everyone about a mistake in your life that you fixed? Even if you feel very good about it, it is usually one of the more personal things that most people don't like to tell people.

You may be able to speak to your closest counselling psychologist to see if they have been dealing with other drug addicts and their stories.

Exactly my point. I am not proud of my past drug use, it screwed me out of untold possibilities. It is not something that one would want to advertise or be proud of. "I" am glad I quit. No one else cares if I did. The rest of the world could care less.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
GarretKadeDupre
Posts: 2,023
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:35:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 7:17:36 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/26/2013 12:16:19 AM, Smithereens wrote:
The statistics are easy to find, 10% of the American population have overcome a problem with drugs/alcohol and 34% have quit smoking. http://healthland.time.com...

Sadolite has a point, people who quit drugs don't post their experiences online. Some do out of request by organisations, but largely they keep it to themselves. Why would you tell everyone about a mistake in your life that you fixed? Even if you feel very good about it, it is usually one of the more personal things that most people don't like to tell people.

You may be able to speak to your closest counselling psychologist to see if they have been dealing with other drug addicts and their stories.

Exactly my point. I am not proud of my past drug use, it screwed me out of untold possibilities. It is not something that one would want to advertise or be proud of. "I" am glad I quit. No one else cares if I did. The rest of the world could care less.

I care that you quit, because it's awesome...
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
http://www.debate.org...