2. Spanish
(Mafia)
3. English
(Mafia)
4. Smallpox
(Serial Killer)

Players and Roles:
X=Role ConfirmedY=Rule Confirmed Z=Deceased #=When Infected

XYZNags-You are Henry Hudson, the vanilla mafia. Your allegiance is with the English. When investigated, you are guilty. When shot, you are dead.
XYZWonderWoman-You are Queen Elizabeth, the Godfather. Your alegiance is with the English. You are innocent if investigated. You die if shot at.
XYZBellumQuodPacis-You are John Smith, a mafia goon. Your allegiance is with the English. You are guilty if investigated. You die if shot at.

XYZClockwork-You are Fransisco Pizarro, a vanilla mafia. Your allegiance is with the Spanish. You are guilty if investigated. You are dead if shot at.
XYZCrackofDawn_jr-Hernan Cortez-Mafia Goon
XYZJBlake-You are King Philip II, a mafia godfather. Your allegiance is with the Spanish. You are innocent if investigated. You die if shot at.

XYZmongoose-You are Huayna Capac, the governor. Your allegiance is with the Indians. Twice in the whole game, you may pardon a lynched victim. You are innocent if investigated. You are dead if shot at.
XYjohngriswald-You are the nameless Shaman, a Faith Healer. Your allegiance is with the Indians. You may visit one player per night. You can visit yourself. During the visit, there is a 50/50 chance that the visited player will be immune to any form of death that night. If investigated, you are innocent. If shot at, you die.
XYZLeafRod-You are Moctezuma, a Speical Beloved Princess. Your allegiance is with the Indians. If killed during the night, the next day phase is automatically skipped. If killed during the day, the game continues as if any other player had been lynched. You are innocent if investigated. You die if shot at.
XYPhilosophical/Mongeese-You are Hiawatha, the politician. Each night, you may direct the vote of any individual during the next day phase. You are innocent if investigated. You die if shot at.
XYtheLwerd-You are Pocahontas, the Mason Virgin. Your allegiance is with the Indians. You can 'marry' into a PM with another player. You do not die directly due to the creation of this PM due to the affiliation of your 'husband'. You are innocent if investigated. You die if shot at.
XYZVi_Veri-You are Christopher Columbus, the Biological Serial Killer. Targets one person each night. That person is infected with smallpox. An infected player infects all players that come into contact. A person dies 1 day after infection. You are infected but cannot die of small pox. You are guilty if investigated. You die if shot at.
XYZComoncents-You are Chief Powhatan, the Mason Recruiter. You may recruit 1 player into the masons PM per night. That person is added to the PM regardless of affiliation. You can not die directly due to recruitment. You are innocent if investigated. You die if shot at.
XYZHarlan-You are Deganawida, the cop. Your allegiance is with the Indians. Each night, you may investigate one player. You will get a reply of either "Innocent" or "Guilty". You are innocent if investigated. You die if shot at.
XYZ2SportsGuru-You are Hokoleskwa, the vigilante. Your allegiance is with the Indians. Each night, you may choose to shoot at one player. That player will die. You are innocent if investigated. You die if shot at.

Actions:
Day Phase 1
No lynch.

Night Phase 1
Harlan (cop) investigates johngrswald. Johngriswald (Faith Healer) protects theLwerd (unsuccessfully). Sportsguru (Vigilante) kills Clockwork. Comoncents (mason recruiter) recruits Harlan.
JBlake (Spanish Godfather) kills Harlan. Philosophical (politician) forfeits his night action. Vi_Veri (Biological Serial KIller) forfeits her night action. Wonderwoman (English Godfather) forfeits her night action.

Day Phase 2
theLWerd marries BellumQuodPacis.
Nags is lynched. (theLwerd, LeafRod, SportsGuru, wonderwoman, Vi_veri, BellumQuodPacis, johngriswald)

Night Phase 2
SportsGuru (vigilante) targets wonderwoman. johngriswald (faith healer) protects theLwerd (successfully). JBlake (Spanish Godfather) kills mongoose.
Comoncents (mason recruiter) recruits johngriswald. Vi Veri (biological serial killer) infects SportsGuru. Wonderwoman (English Godfather) kills Vi Veri. Mongoose (governor) chose not to pardon Nags.

Day Phase 3
BellumQuodPacis is lynched. (LeafRod, JBlake, SportsGuru, theLwerd, comoncents)

Night Phase 3
SportsGuru (vigilante) kills JBlake. JBlake (SPanish Godfather) kills LeafRod. Johngriswald protects theLwerd (unsuccessfully). BellumQuodPacis (standing in as English Godfather) makes no kill. SportsGUru (vigilante) dies of infection. Philosphical (politician) forfeits his ability. Comoncents (mason recruiter) forfeits his abilitily.

Day Phase 4
No lynch (death of LeafRod)

Night Phase 4
mongeese replaces Philosphical. johngriswald protects (successfully) theLwerd. Comoncents (mason recruiter) forfeits his night action. mongeese foreits night action. Crackofdawn_jr kills comoncents.

Day Phase 5
Crackofdawn_jr is lynched (johngriswald, theLwerd, mongeese)
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 1:14:03 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Analysis for Faith Healer
johngriswald was the faith healer. There was no doctor in this game as an experiment. Not once did johngriswald protect someone that was in danger, so it didn't really matter.
johngriswald did his job, protecting the key organizer for the townies.
Analysis for Serial Killer
The Serial Kiler in this game was given a power that mean that someone targeted would not only die, but infect anyone they touched. This would have ruined the town, but Vi_Veri was inactive and was killed before she could make too much use of her ability.
She would have been more successful had she claimed a role making her only an insignificant part of the town (perhaps some bodyguard role) that would have kept her from being targetted. She should have also been more active.

Analysis for Masons
While the last two analyses were based on simple reasons for failure, this is a success story.
The masons worked together. They identified suspects in their PM and lead the townies in their lynching in public.
theLwerd had an extra communication ability that allowed her to identify the last of the English.
The masons recruited the cop (who died, unfortunately, the night of recruitment) and the faith healer.

They almost forfeited the game, though, when they almost mislynched the inactive on the last day phase, but johngriswald, the last mason recuit, did the research sufficient to disprove the claim of crackofdawn_jr.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 1:16:54 PM
SportsGuru
SportsGuru was 3 for 3. He killed both Godfathers and a goon.
The only person the serial killer killed was SportsGuru.

I have no idea how SportsGuru was so successful. It may have been luck.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 1:22:57 PM
At 11/29/2009 1:16:54 PM, wjmelements wrote:
SportsGuru

During the first day phase, I said Clockwork and Nags were mafia. I tried to have Nags lynched but no one listened. SportsGuru killed Clockwork that night who turned out to be mafia. The next day, I said Nags was mafia (he was) and therefore wonderwoman was mafia (and she was too). We got Nags lynched, and that night SportsGuru took out wonderwoman. It's not so much of a mystery lol but kudos SG on killing JBlake!
President of DDO
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 1:24:12 PM
Analsis for English Mafia
Their claim strategy was dumb.
First, the godfather was too inactive, forfeiting two kills.
Second, the claim strategy was dumb. Nags climed a role that was already dead. Worse, in claiming this, he exposed the godfather, wonderwoman (as an attempt to not only usurp the inactive godfather but also to confirm nags as innocent). Again, it failed because he claimed a dumb role. In the marriage pm with theLwerd, BQP claimed a role that happened to be revealed the next day phase, and the English were done.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 1:24:25 PM
Also, this was a good game. I like seeing how different mods run things. I personally don't like the serial killer role, and I'm in favor of revealing one's role before the night phase, but overall this was good and really fun so thanks, wjm.
President of DDO
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 1:25:10 PM
At 11/29/2009 1:22:57 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 11/29/2009 1:16:54 PM, wjmelements wrote:
SportsGuru

During the first day phase, I said Clockwork and Nags were mafia. I tried to have Nags lynched but no one listened. SportsGuru killed Clockwork that night who turned out to be mafia. The next day, I said Nags was mafia (he was) and therefore wonderwoman was mafia (and she was too). We got Nags lynched, and that night SportsGuru took out wonderwoman. It's not so much of a mystery lol but kudos SG on killing JBlake!

The mystery was JBlake. He'd laid back the whole time.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 1:28:38 PM
Analysis for Spanish Mafia
The Spanish Mafia did nothing wrong, actually, until the last day phase. They were poised to win. All they had to do was research a believable role, but crackofdawn_jr, isolated in his mafia thread, could only claim Sacagawea, who was from the wrong time period and the wrong part of America.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 1:29:29 PM
At 11/29/2009 1:25:10 PM, wjmelements wrote:

The mystery was JBlake. He'd laid back the whole time.

Yeah, he's hard to read. JBlake is quiet whether he's townie or mafia. I talk a lot whether I'm townie or mafia. That was a good call, SG.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 1:33:09 PM
Honestly, I'm surprised the townies won. A typical mafia game starts out with 3/4 town and we only started with about 1/2 once you include the powerful serial killing role.
President of DDO
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 1:40:20 PM
As far as Jblake, I noticed that the English mafia had a huge upsurge of activity on the 2nd night phase. I figured that this might correlate to a player just coming in on the 3rd day phase. Sure enough, Jblake made is 1st post of the game in the 3rd day phase. So, I figured he might be English and took a chance. But hey, the King of Spain is good too.

Congratulations town! good game.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 1:41:26 PM
The effects of my particular modding experiments
First, I removed from discussion any dead players. This weakened groups as their numbers diminished. Had theLwerd been killed, the masons and the town would have failed. Had JBlake not been removed from the spanish thread, crackofdawn would have probably had a better claim prepared.

Second, I allowed players to post whatever they wanted from their role threads as long as they didn't post any external links (preventing screen shots, etc). Surprisingly, no one took advantage of this and copypasted their roles. What should have helped the mafia establish credibility and the town confirm innocence did no such thing. This policy was not taken advantage of.

Third, I had two mafias and a serial killer. Surprisingly, neither of these anti-town forces worked against eachother. This and the fact that the townies never mislynched and the vigilante never miskilled made the game closer than it would have been.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 1:46:02 PM
Had there been 1 more mislynch, the townies would have lost. Had there been 1 more no lynch under 2 mafias or 1 more no lynch under 2 mafias, the townies would have lost. Had SG not killed 3 mafia, the townies would have won.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 2:21:27 PM
And now I'm going to advertise American Politics Mafia.

All y'all sign up. It's the forum mafia after Ragnar's. It'll be the greatest thing ever.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 3:27:31 PM
EXCELLENT! not all caps
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 3:28:15 PM
At 11/29/2009 2:21:27 PM, wjmelements wrote:
And now I'm going to advertise American Politics Mafia.

All y'all sign up. It's the forum mafia after Ragnar's. It'll be the greatest thing ever.

Can't wait.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 3:34:37 PM
At 11/29/2009 1:33:09 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Honestly, I'm surprised the townies won. A typical mafia game starts out with 3/4 town and we only started with about 1/2 once you include the powerful serial killing role.

I agree it was ridiculously hard for the town.

MVP's: theLwerd, Sportsguru
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 3:55:20 PM
At 11/29/2009 3:34:37 PM, johngriswald wrote:

Agree.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 3:56:19 PM
At 11/29/2009 3:55:20 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 11/29/2009 3:34:37 PM, johngriswald wrote:

Agree.

Yeah, me too.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:01:28 PM
Oh, and even if y'all had lynched mongeese, he would have been able to use his role to make crack vote for himself and even the two-person town could have lynched hte last Spaniard.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:05:23 PM
At 11/29/2009 4:01:28 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Oh, and even if y'all had lynched mongeese, he would have been able to use his role to make crack vote for himself and even the two-person town could have lynched hte last Spaniard.

Definitely missed this, but glad that I didn't have to get to this point.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:13:26 PM
At 11/29/2009 1:41:26 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Second, I allowed players to post whatever they wanted from their role threads as long as they didn't post any external links (preventing screen shots, etc). Surprisingly, no one took advantage of this and copypasted their roles. What should have helped the mafia establish credibility and the town confirm innocence did no such thing. This policy was not taken advantage of.

I am the only one. I did it in the Mason Pm the first time i was in it.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:15:43 PM
http://ddofans.com...

Word

ddofans.com
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:21:00 PM
At 11/29/2009 4:15:43 PM, johngriswald wrote:

Word

Definitely could have organized it better.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 4:21:52 PM
At 11/29/2009 4:21:00 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 11/29/2009 4:15:43 PM, johngriswald wrote:

Word

Definitely could have organized it better.

LOL well there's an edit button for a reason, wjm.

ddofans.com