Jump to topic:

To forgive

surrendersacrifice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2013 9:28:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Though God forgives every one of the sins they have committed against him, not all are forgiven; because to be forgiven, we must reject sin. In order to help us reject sin, God instilled his spirit of love in our heart by his ultimate act of love on the cross. Therefore, those who accept this spirit are able to reject sin. To forgive, therefore, is not only to give up claim or resentment we have against our offenders but also to bring them healing from sin by the love we express towards them through our acts of sacrifice. It is sometimes impossible for us to sacrifice our own interest for someone who has betrayed and hurt us. However, if we keep our eyes on Jesus and remember the sacrifice he made for us; then through his grace we can do it.
When we forgive others, we are exercising love. This frees us of our own sinfulness and brings us forgiveness of sins. On the other hand if we refuse to forgive, we are rejecting love; and without love we cannot reject sin; and without rejecting sin we cannot be forgiven (Matt. 6: 14-15).
Love is the spirit of surrender, sacrifice, service
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 9:08:02 AM
Let's say I don't reject sin, whatever that may mean, and god doesn't forgive me. Would he not then lack love, because he refused to forgive me?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 10:02:14 AM
At 5/31/2013 9:08:02 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Let's say I don't reject sin, whatever that may mean, and god doesn't forgive me. Would he not then lack love, because he refused to forgive me?

Oh gosh here I go preaching. God forgives you anyways even if you ask for it or not. It's just what He does.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 10:20:33 AM
At 5/31/2013 10:02:14 AM, leojm wrote:
At 5/31/2013 9:08:02 AM, muzebreak wrote:

Oh gosh here I go preaching. God forgives you anyways even if you ask for it or not. It's just what He does.

That question was really directed at surrendersacrifice.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.