Jump to topic:

DDO's "30 and over" Club

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 12:29:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This inspired by the responses to the "How old are you" thread, as well as the general and consistent surprise I have at how young most of the people are here.

Tired of debates asking which Pokemon would in in a fight?
Embarrassed when you accuse someone of lying about their greater than 1600 SAT score?
Think Bieber fever is the latest STD?
Is your utterance of the phrase "I'm too old for this sh1t" becoming less and less ironic?

Welcome to the DDO 30 and Over club!

What shall we talk about? Who cares! You won't remember it on the morrow!

Leave feuds in other threads out of it - life is short enough as it is!
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 4:57:56 PM
At 5/31/2013 12:29:10 PM, drafterman wrote:
This inspired by the responses to the "How old are you" thread, as well as the general and consistent surprise I have at how young most of the people are here.

Embarrassed when you accuse someone of lying about their greater than 1600 SAT score?
Is your utterance of the phrase "I'm too old for this sh1t" becoming less and less ironic?

LOL'd
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 4:43:21 AM
Back in my day we had to get off the internet to make a phone call.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 6:22:27 AM
At 6/1/2013 4:43:21 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Internet, ha. Back in my day we were lucky to be able to get all 3 channels on our black and white tv.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2013 8:57:18 PM
At 6/1/2013 6:22:27 AM, medic0506 wrote:

Internet, ha. Back in my day we were lucky to be able to get all 3 channels on our black and white tv.

Don't forget that elusive 4th UHF channel that you could get by precise manipulation of the antenna and tin foil.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 6:09:02 AM
At 6/1/2013 8:57:18 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/1/2013 6:22:27 AM, medic0506 wrote:

Don't forget that elusive 4th UHF channel that you could get by precise manipulation of the antenna and tin foil.

Ahhh, yes.
Back on the top-of-the-line mega big screen of 17 inches, fortified with 100 pounds of wood and glass.
My work here is, finally, done.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 8:35:33 AM
At 5/31/2013 12:29:10 PM, drafterman wrote:

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Sh*t. See you in 15 years.

I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 8:41:23 AM
My grandfather's house was an A-frame, so the TV antenna was inside the house. It had a remote control to turn it depending on which channel you wanted to watch.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 9:10:23 AM
At 6/2/2013 8:41:23 AM, drafterman wrote:
My grandfather's house was an A-frame, so the TV antenna was inside the house. It had a remote control to turn it depending on which channel you wanted to watch.

He must have been rich, that was high tech back then.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%