Jump to topic:

My poem

verrynice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 11:24:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I haven't been on here often which I kind of regret but nevertheless! here is a poem I wrote for a class assignment. I took inspiration from a DDO user so I based the poem around him because I really couldn't think of anything else. I really want to write things when Im older so hopefully you can give me some pointers on how I can improve on things. The poem got an A if your interested, anyway here it is.

The Unchanged Stranger.

Strange as I look at it now, it often seems to be that he thinks nothing at all
Strange now I wonder what he thinks of it all. Standing alone by the door, he feels life's roar and responds with a smile. Stranger come in for a while. Stranger walking Stranger tired, Stranger have a little sleep, make a cross when he's pleasantly dreaming and slowly watch him weep. What will he see? what will he do? I wonder if he will think of me and you. What will it be? will it be true?. The Mysterious Stranger smiles at you.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 11:29:34 AM
At 6/6/2013 11:24:34 AM, verrynice wrote:
I haven't been on here often which I kind of regret but nevertheless! here is a poem I wrote for a class assignment. I took inspiration from a DDO user so I based the poem around him because I really couldn't think of anything else. I really want to write things when Im older so hopefully you can give me some pointers on how I can improve on things. The poem got an A if your interested, anyway here it is.

The Unchanged Stranger.

Strange now I wonder what he thinks of it all. Standing alone by the door, he feels life's roar and responds with a smile. Stranger come in for a while. Stranger walking Stranger tired, Stranger have a little sleep, make a cross when he's pleasantly dreaming and slowly watch him weep. What will he see? what will he do? I wonder if he will think of me and you. What will it be? will it be true?. The Mysterious Stranger smiles at you.

I love it, It's amazing. :P
verrynice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 11:30:36 AM
At 6/6/2013 11:29:34 AM, leojm wrote:

The Unchanged Stranger.

Thanks! :D Ill try and get hold of some other stuff I did and post it as well.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 11:59:58 AM
At 6/6/2013 11:30:36 AM, verrynice wrote:

The Unchanged Stranger.

That would be great. I'm fascinated with poems.
verrynice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 12:20:43 PM
At 6/6/2013 11:59:58 AM, leojm wrote:

The Unchanged Stranger.

Yeah I was always captivated by poems and stuff even when I was little, I write stories as well. Im working on one now, its interpreting various DDO personalities because I find that DDO is a good source for inspiration.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 12:21:52 PM
At 6/6/2013 12:20:43 PM, verrynice wrote:

The Unchanged Stranger.

Yeah I was always captivated by poems and stuff even when I was little, I write stories as well. Im working on one now, its interpreting various DDO personalities because I find that DDO is a good source for inspiration.

My boyfriend wrote me a poem, just for me. It was so amazing I can't stop reading it.
verrynice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 12:31:29 PM
At 6/6/2013 12:21:52 PM, leojm wrote:

The Unchanged Stranger.

My boyfriend wrote me a poem, just for me. It was so amazing I can't stop reading it.

That's really sweet I wish someone would write me something with meaning, my last boyfriend didn't really know anything about writing.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 12:33:43 PM
At 6/6/2013 12:31:29 PM, verrynice wrote:
At 6/6/2013 12:21:52 PM, leojm wrote:

The Unchanged Stranger.

That's really sweet I wish someone would write me something with meaning, my last boyfriend didn't really know anything about writing.

Oh, I can ask my boyfriend to write you a poem. He is on this site, or you can ask him. His name is Buddamoose. :P
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 12:36:01 PM
I don't write on demand tyvm
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 12:43:20 PM
At 6/6/2013 12:41:27 PM, verrynice wrote:
At 6/6/2013 12:36:01 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

lol

Yes, this is my boyfriend. Verynice this is my boyfriend Buddamoose, Buddamoose this is my friend who wrote an awesome poem. :P
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 12:44:27 PM
At 6/6/2013 12:43:20 PM, leojm wrote:
At 6/6/2013 12:41:27 PM, verrynice wrote:
At 6/6/2013 12:36:01 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

lol

Yes, this is my boyfriend. Verynice this is my boyfriend Buddamoose, Buddamoose this is my friend who wrote an awesome poem. :P

I have much talent writing, yes...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 12:52:52 PM

The Unchanged Stranger.

What causes anyone to write anything like this I will never know.
Turn around, go back.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 2:56:59 PM

The Unchanged Stranger.

Which member inspired you to write this?
verrynice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 3:01:38 PM
At 6/6/2013 2:56:59 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

The Unchanged Stranger.

Mysterious_Stranger purely because he's quite odd and was on my mind on the day I wrote this.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 3:10:08 PM
At 6/6/2013 3:01:38 PM, verrynice wrote:

The Unchanged Stranger.

Mysterious_Stranger purely because he's quite odd and was on my mind on the day I wrote this.

I see. The flow of this particular poem eluded me when trying to read it; what meter are you using? Perhaps you should insert more line breaks to make the flow clearer?
verrynice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 3:15:41 PM
At 6/6/2013 3:10:08 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

The Unchanged Stranger.

I see. The flow of this particular poem eluded me when trying to read it; what meter are you using? Perhaps you should insert more line breaks to make the flow clearer?

Yeah it did have some spacing when I first wrote it but I kind of went mental typing it and forgot to put it into a format.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 3:23:37 PM
At 6/6/2013 3:15:41 PM, verrynice wrote:
At 6/6/2013 3:10:08 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:

The Unchanged Stranger.

Yeah it did have some spacing when I first wrote it but I kind of went mental typing it and forgot to put it into a format.

The ambiguous flow is my biggest criticism for now; without understanding how I'm supposed to read it, I can't criticize much else.

Both the difficulty and importance of critiquing, though, will never amount to that of writing.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 7:14:25 PM
This is pretty good for writing what is on your mind. I can never do that. My heart does the thinking when it comes to this type of stuff. :)