Jump to topic:

Who was apeiron?

GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 8:10:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am new to DDO. I heard that there was a lot of drama regarding apeiron. Some of the things that I heard him do was making a lot of fake accounts, hacking other peoples' DDO accounts, votebombing and so on. Could you guys tell me more about this person.

I want to know more about the DDO culture.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 8:39:51 PM
DDO has a wonderful debating culture. You can debate any topic you want in a formal environment. The forums are great place to get to know people and debate informally. You can also play forum games (such as mafia which is deeply ingrained as site culture into a section of users on the site). You can also watch various video series made by members on the site. I think you'll have a great time fitting in and learning the culture of DDO.

This is what you wanted to know, right?
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 8:44:35 PM
At 6/13/2013 8:10:25 PM, GOP wrote:
I am new to DDO. I heard that there was a lot of drama regarding apeiron. Some of the things that I heard him do was making a lot of fake accounts, hacking other peoples' DDO accounts, votebombing and so on. Could you guys tell me more about this person.

He was IMHO a pretty bright apologist dude, who apparently was also very good at creating fake multi accounts. Read through the Religion forum. See also https://www.google.com... , and that should give you a pretty good idea of who he was.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 8:53:25 PM
Who was Apeiron? He was lots of people.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 9:07:05 PM
At 6/13/2013 8:53:25 PM, philochristos wrote:
Who was Apeiron? He was lots of people.

LOL.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 9:34:33 PM

Hi apeiron.
PrivateEye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 9:37:08 PM
At 6/13/2013 9:34:33 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Hi apeiron.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 10:31:35 PM

Hi apeiron.

I'm still not sure it's aperion, I think it might be RM.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 11:15:49 PM
At 6/13/2013 10:31:35 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Hi apeiron.

It's possible. Only old members come and ask about old dramatic members, usually about themselves because they want attention.
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 11:49:43 PM
At 6/13/2013 11:15:49 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 6/13/2013 10:31:35 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Hi apeiron.

It's possible. Only old members come and ask about old dramatic members, usually about themselves because they want attention.

This. I mean, he even quoted himself at one point.
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 12:00:56 AM

Hi apeiron.

I am not Apeiron, ConservativePolitico. Honestly.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 12:23:29 AM
At 6/14/2013 12:00:56 AM, GOP wrote:

Hi apeiron.

Does that mean you're RM?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 12:26:05 AM
At 6/14/2013 12:23:29 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Hi apeiron.

Does that mean you're RM?

No, not RM either. Who was he/she, anyway?
GOP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 12:29:33 AM
Also, who was Pennington? I am sorry. I am just curious about a lot of those famous DDO users who either deactivated or got banned.
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 12:42:36 AM

Hi apeiron.

Aperion was a sweet talker, very outspoken, blunt, argumentative (not with me though), had decent debates, knew (for the most part) what he was talking about, and was kinda rude (but again not to me),.. I was stupidly deceived into his lies of giving my personal info to him and then whn I decided to deactivate my account he got into mine and tarting doing things of which I wasn't aware (violating the rules DDO has).. So his account was banned as well as mine, but he's completely banned, I'm not otherwise I wouldn't be here with a new account.. Aperion was cool and all but I know he had/s a lot of enemies (I don't consider him an enemy though what's done is done).. So yea..
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 12:45:10 AM
At 6/14/2013 12:29:33 AM, GOP wrote:
Also, who was Pennington? I am sorry. I am just curious about a lot of those famous DDO users who either deactivated or got banned.

Pennington was pretty well known to some degree.. I actually don't know why he left DDO?? He was pretty nice, had nice convos with him in the forums and what not.. He was pretty stern what he said concerning his beliefs but he was mature about it too..

I hve no idea who RM is or was?? He/she may have been here before I had ever even come to DDO..

How'd you find DDO anyways??
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 2:47:30 AM
I won't say that I don't have my own suspicions, (I'm always suspicious of these types of stuff, I actually currently suspect 2 other people who are still on DDO now of being Aperion), but I don't think that it's fair to start accusing before there is at least some bit of real hard evidence.
I will point out 3 things which indicate that it is not Aperion:
1) He has not voted/quoted Aperion, as is his normal habit.
2) He set his age at 15, which would make it hard for him to advance high level sounding arguments as Aperion who set himself as someone with a graduate degree in philosophy/theology.
3) I presume that his IP address has been/ soon will be checked.

Obviously I'm not saying that this proves that it's not Aperion, but I do think he should be given more benefit of the doubt especially considering the fact that there isn't really any good evidence against him.
"Albert Einstein

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 7:25:50 AM

Look in the mirror.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 7:26:02 AM

You haven't named any famous DDO users.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 9:20:56 AM
At 6/14/2013 7:26:02 AM, drafterman wrote:

You haven't named any famous DDO users.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2013 10:09:44 AM
At 6/13/2013 9:37:08 PM, PrivateEye wrote:

Hi apeiron.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
JonathanCrane
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2013 2:59:07 PM
At 6/14/2013 2:47:30 AM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
I won't say that I don't have my own suspicions, (I'm always suspicious of these types of stuff, I actually currently suspect 2 other people who are still on DDO now of being Aperion), but I don't think that it's fair to start accusing before there is at least some bit of real hard evidence.
I will point out 3 things which indicate that it is not Aperion:
1) He has not voted/quoted Aperion, as is his normal habit.
2) He set his age at 15, which would make it hard for him to advance high level sounding arguments as Aperion who set himself as someone with a graduate degree in philosophy/theology.
3) I presume that his IP address has been/ soon will be checked.

Obviously I'm not saying that this proves that it's not Aperion, but I do think he should be given more benefit of the doubt especially considering the fact that there isn't really any good evidence against him.

Philosophy and geophysics, actually.