Jump to topic:

Who's your top 12 favorite DDO people?

TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 7:09:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well, I got this idea from Justin.Graves.

Whn you give the names of your "top 10 favorite DDO people" give reasons why too.

1. Buddamoose- because he's been a really good friend, talks to me with respect, care and concern. He has nice and kind intentions (from what I've got so far). He's smart and tries to get along with just about anyone. He's cool!

2. Philocristos- he's very intelligent and knows what he's talking about! Very inspirational!

3. Conservativepolitico- he's suber nice, love his DDO farm episodes and he's got cool looking eyes ha!

4. MassiveDump- this guy is soo funny and quite a character!! I enjoy his videos everytime he makes them!

5. Harbinger- for his bluntness (with a nice way of saying things). Shows patience and has good quality of teaching (from what I've seen that is).

6. Marauder- is nice, decided to include me in his cell pm group. Thoughtful and shows great respects towards others. And humility.

7. Leojm- she is soo sweet of a person., she referred to me as her best friend! I miss her already. I enjoyed giving her advice and that she actually cared to take my advice. Idk if she's coming bck, but if she does I'll be excited to talk to her again.

8. Justin.Graves- he's such a sweet remarkable kid. I'm glad he decided to stay here in DDO even after what happened with him. He's a nice kid people so be nice to him please :)

9. Smithereens- yes! This kid is great too! He's very intellectually inclined for his age and pretty cool!

10. Paradox_7- although I yet to see him much here on DDO, but he's a nice guy and is very patient. I'm sure he's been busy but he's someone I learned a thing or two from as well.

11. Nur-Ab-sal- without him I wouldn't have known about what happened with the whole aperion thing. He's the one that told me what happened and asked me questions. He's the one that kept telling me to come back. So I'm thankful for him too!! He's a sweet tolerant type of character. :)

12. Sower- he's a interesting character I learn a lot from too.. I enjoy his teachings that he talks about here on DDO (people if you don't like him just be nice anyways). He's a great person! He knows a lot too and does his best to keep God first in his life and that's great!
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 7:45:07 PM
At 6/19/2013 7:26:54 PM, drafterman wrote:
Probably some of these people:
http://www.debate.org...
https://www.debate.org...

Pages i think 2-5 of that thread a pure unadulterated awesome, also the fact that just about every rating of me in that thread mentioned me drinking speaks volumes about how heavily I drank at the time 0_o

Volume? Liters? Pints? PINTS, its beer time
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:29:37 PM
It's SO hard to list those. However, I can try: in no particular order, I'd have to say...

YYW - He's a cool guy. Loves Charlie McDonnell, a fellow practitioner of the written arts, and, although I definitely disagree with him on some things, and did so in the past too, he's a very intelligent contributor to the site.

thett3 - Thett keeps it real, on the DL, on the heezy, on the...okay, I'll stop now. Anyway, thett's a great contributor on here, we agree about a LOT, he's a super cool dude. Maybe not as active as one may hope, but he's a good contributor too, and isn't exactly afraid to be honest.

000ike - This'll probably come as a surprise, as, opposite thett, I almost disagree with ike on everything, and honestly he does sometimes irk me. But he's not afraid to stand up for what he thinks. I respect that.

Noumena - This guy right here has been somewhat of a political mentor to me on the ways of anarchism. Even converted me to Ancap. It's a shame it didn't take. He also loves Doctor Who, which immediately bumps up respect.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon - Not much to say about F16 besides that he's a really good guy, and was a really good mafia helper back in the day. A good friend. A*

drafterman - Oh drafty, he's a Jack-of-all-trades (see what I did there? Because JOAT is a mafia role, and also a quality, so I- Okay, whatever.) He's quite a mafia guru, and a great forum contributor otherwise. He also has never given up on me Mafia-wise, so I gotta give him credit for that.

ConservativePolitico - CP is a very interesting guy. He's really cool all-around on DDO, and has been to me personally as well. He also published a couple of my articles on his website, so that was ace. I hope to maybe do that more. Anyway, CP is great.

Stephen_Hawkins - I forgot the exact username, but I hope I got it right. Anyway, Stephen read some of my short story work and critiqued it, and his critiques benefited me greatly. He's also just a very insightful, well-spoken guy on DDO in general.

darkkermit - DK, man, he too is also a really insightful person on DDO. I know it's like I'm on repeat, but it's true. He especially is someone I respect because he doesn't stick to ideological lines, and just calls each issue as he sees it. Great contributions here.

Danielle - Danielle, Danielle, Danielle. She always tends to be on the same side of issues as me. However, I respect her largely because of, like everyone else here, the tenacity with which she defends her views, yet does actually pay attention to and tries to understand others opinions.

Ore_Ele - I know it could be hard being a left-authoritarian on a place like DDO, but Ore Ele is so interesting because he takes the time to not only understand the views and philosophies he disagrees with, but actively will defend them sometimes. He's a very intelligent guy, you can tell. Plus, his contributions to the actual running of DDO have been great as well.

Philochristos - I haven't had much interaction with Philo. I doubt it if I've ever interacted with him at all. However, you can tell that he really cares about the people here on DDO, and that's commendable When I watch his show, you can see that he doesn't just do it to have a show--he takes his time, and researches member's postings and DDO profiles to get to know THEM. That's truly great.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:38:49 PM
At 6/19/2013 7:09:14 PM, TULIP wrote:
Well, I got this idea from Justin.Graves.

Whn you give the names of your "top 10 favorite DDO people" give reasons why too.

1. Buddamoose- because he's been a really good friend, talks to me with respect, care and concern. He has nice and kind intentions (from what I've got so far). He's smart and tries to get along with just about anyone. He's cool!

2. Philocristos- he's very intelligent and knows what he's talking about! Very inspirational!

3. Conservativepolitico- he's suber nice, love his DDO farm episodes and he's got cool looking eyes ha!

4. MassiveDump- this guy is soo funny and quite a character!! I enjoy his videos everytime he makes them!

5. Harbinger- for his bluntness (with a nice way of saying things). Shows patience and has good quality of teaching (from what I've seen that is).

6. Marauder- is nice, decided to include me in his cell pm group. Thoughtful and shows great respects towards others. And humility.

7. Leojm- she is soo sweet of a person., she referred to me as her best friend! I miss her already. I enjoyed giving her advice and that she actually cared to take my advice. Idk if she's coming bck, but if she does I'll be excited to talk to her again.

8. Justin.Graves- he's such a sweet remarkable kid. I'm glad he decided to stay here in DDO even after what happened with him. He's a nice kid people so be nice to him please :)

9. Smithereens- yes! This kid is great too! He's very intellectually inclined for his age and pretty cool!

10. Paradox_7- although I yet to see him much here on DDO, but he's a nice guy and is very patient. I'm sure he's been busy but he's someone I learned a thing or two from as well.

11. Nur-Ab-sal- without him I wouldn't have known about what happened with the whole aperion thing. He's the one that told me what happened and asked me questions. He's the one that kept telling me to come back. So I'm thankful for him too!! He's a sweet tolerant type of character. :)

12. Sower- he's a interesting character I learn a lot from too.. I enjoy his teachings that he talks about here on DDO (people if you don't like him just be nice anyways). He's a great person! He knows a lot too and does his best to keep God first in his life and that's great!

OH!

OH!

I'M NUMBER FOUR!

SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D

sorry :3
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:40:21 PM
At 6/19/2013 8:38:49 PM, MassiveDump wrote:

OH!

OH!

I'M NUMBER FOUR!

SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D SUCK THE D

In the name of Cheese, wth man?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:42:50 PM
At 6/19/2013 8:40:21 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

OH!

OH!

I'M NUMBER FOUR!

In the name of Cheese, wth man?

I don't get recognition much, sorry guys 3:
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:51:26 PM

OH!

OH!

I'M NUMBER FOUR!

Lucky...
-_-
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:52:39 PM
At 6/19/2013 8:51:26 PM, imabench wrote:

OH!

OH!

I'M NUMBER FOUR!

Lucky...
-_-

Oh please, you're number 1 in all of our hearts.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:53:29 PM
At 6/19/2013 8:29:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
It's SO hard to list those. However, I can try: in no particular order, I'd have to say...

YYW - He's a cool guy. Loves Charlie McDonnell, a fellow practitioner of the written arts, and, although I definitely disagree with him on some things, and did so in the past too, he's a very intelligent contributor to the site.

Thanks!

thett3 - Thett keeps it real, on the DL, on the heezy, on the...okay, I'll stop now. Anyway, thett's a great contributor on here, we agree about a LOT, he's a super cool dude. Maybe not as active as one may hope, but he's a good contributor too, and isn't exactly afraid to be honest.

I agree.

000ike - This'll probably come as a surprise, as, opposite thett, I almost disagree with ike on everything, and honestly he does sometimes irk me. But he's not afraid to stand up for what he thinks. I respect that.

Interesting. I don't dislike Ike, but I wouldn't rank him among my favorite people either. He's very amusing, though... so there's that.

Noumena - This guy right here has been somewhat of a political mentor to me on the ways of anarchism. Even converted me to Ancap. It's a shame it didn't take. He also loves Doctor Who, which immediately bumps up respect.

He's very clever, indeed.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon - Not much to say about F16 besides that he's a really good guy, and was a really good mafia helper back in the day. A good friend. A*

I don't play mafia but I think very highly of F-16. He's a very reasonable member who has consistently demonstrated both his commitment to the site and its members. If I ever ran for office on DDO, I would want him in my administration.

drafterman - Oh drafty, he's a Jack-of-all-trades (see what I did there? Because JOAT is a mafia role, and also a quality, so I- Okay, whatever.) He's quite a mafia guru, and a great forum contributor otherwise. He also has never given up on me Mafia-wise, so I gotta give him credit for that.

Dude. Is. Awesome. And he has pretty good taste in restaurants too.

ConservativePolitico - CP is a very interesting guy. He's really cool all-around on DDO, and has been to me personally as well. He also published a couple of my articles on his website, so that was ace. I hope to maybe do that more. Anyway, CP is great.

He is great, and I love his show. He's really quite friendly, and I have nothing but good things to say about him.

Stephen_Hawkins - I forgot the exact username, but I hope I got it right. Anyway, Stephen read some of my short story work and critiqued it, and his critiques benefited me greatly. He's also just a very insightful, well-spoken guy on DDO in general.

Stephen has grown up a lot since he's been on DDO, and that's nice to see. He's very bright, and I enjoy debating with him in the forums too.

darkkermit - DK, man, he too is also a really insightful person on DDO. I know it's like I'm on repeat, but it's true. He especially is someone I respect because he doesn't stick to ideological lines, and just calls each issue as he sees it. Great contributions here.

I haven't really interacted with DK that much, but what I've seen I like.

Danielle - Danielle, Danielle, Danielle. She always tends to be on the same side of issues as me. However, I respect her largely because of, like everyone else here, the tenacity with which she defends her views, yet does actually pay attention to and tries to understand others opinions.

Danielle is consistently amazing. She's fiercely intelligent, and an exceptional communicator. That, and I'll bet she's amazing to get stoned with.

Ore_Ele - I know it could be hard being a left-authoritarian on a place like DDO, but Ore Ele is so interesting because he takes the time to not only understand the views and philosophies he disagrees with, but actively will defend them sometimes. He's a very intelligent guy, you can tell. Plus, his contributions to the actual running of DDO have been great as well.

Indeed, and his sense of humor is fantastic too!

Philochristos - I haven't had much interaction with Philo. I doubt it if I've ever interacted with him at all. However, you can tell that he really cares about the people here on DDO, and that's commendable When I watch his show, you can see that he doesn't just do it to have a show--he takes his time, and researches member's postings and DDO profiles to get to know THEM. That's truly great.

Philochristos is one of those guys who is just instantaneously likable. He is genuine, sincere, and really really friendly. He has a keen sense of himself, and he's incredibly humble -which is really respectable. His show is amazing too.

I'll add a few to this list later on, too!
Tsar of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:55:46 PM
At 6/19/2013 8:53:29 PM, YYW wrote:

Thanks!

I agree.

Interesting. I don't dislike Ike, but I wouldn't rank him among my favorite people either. He's very amusing, though... so there's that.

I don't play mafia but I think very highly of F-16. He's a very reasonable member who has consistently demonstrated both his commitment to the site and its members. If I ever ran for office on DDO, I would want him in my administration.

He is great, and I love his show. He's really quite friendly, and I have nothing but good things to say about him.

Stephen has grown up a lot since he's been on DDO, and that's nice to see. He's very bright, and I enjoy debating with him in the forums too.

Danielle is consistently amazing. She's fiercely intelligent, and an exceptional communicator. That, and I'll bet she's amazing to get stoned with.

Philochristos is one of those guys who is just instantaneously likable. He is genuine, sincere, and really really friendly. He has a keen sense of himself, and he's incredibly humble -which is really respectable. His show is amazing too.

The audacity of reviewing someone else's list - unasked.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:57:00 PM
At 6/19/2013 8:55:46 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/19/2013 8:53:29 PM, YYW wrote:

Thanks!

I agree.

The audacity of reviewing someone else's list - unasked.

Awww.... are you jealous that you're the only one I didn't have nice things to say about?
Tsar of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:59:24 PM
At 6/19/2013 8:57:00 PM, YYW wrote:

Awww.... are you jealous that you're the only one I didn't have nice things to say about?

I just find it funny. It almost seems like you quoted DK's list (and not Tulip's) in order to make that distinction.

And if that's the case - this isn't really effrontery; it's just sad.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 8:59:42 PM
At 6/19/2013 8:59:24 PM, 000ike wrote:

I just find it funny. It almost seems like you quoted DK's list (and not Tulip's) in order to make that distinction.

DN*
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 9:00:25 PM
In reality, I don't think that I can do this -because there are so many people that I like on here, I wouldn't feel right about mentioning only 12 because my list would include the majority of active members.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 9:01:22 PM

Now how do you know that I wasn't intending to quote Tulip's thread? Oh... you don't.

Ike, really... keep trying, kiddo. Keep trying.
Tsar of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 9:09:37 PM
At 6/19/2013 9:01:22 PM, YYW wrote:

Now how do you know that I wasn't intending to quote Tulip's thread? Oh... you don't.

I'm not following your logic (assuming logic was even attempted here). I just made a statement about what you did, and you responded by claiming that I don't know what you might have intended to do....... What is this I don't even...

(we won't hijack your thread tulip; this will be the last post of this minor flamewar, at least from me)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 9:10:53 PM
I don't play favorites
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 9:10:58 PM
At 6/19/2013 9:09:37 PM, 000ike wrote:

I'm not following your logic (assuming logic was even attempted here). I just made a statement about what you did, and you responded by claiming that I don't know what you might have intended to do....... What is this I don't even...

(we won't hijack your thread tulip; this will be the last post of this minor flamewar, at least from me)

Yeah, the last thing I wanted was for two people who I just declared as respecting the most on DDO to get into a flame war.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 9:11:42 PM
Okay guys, come on really? This thread was more on who I talk I more so maybe I houldve made that a little more clearer in my thread. Sorry .. Please don't fight amongst each other.. This thread is for anyone who they see fit to recognize of whom they've gotten to know more than anything.. I don't know everybody here on DDO but the ones I mentioned are the ones I've spoken with more and have been encouraged by..

So if you don't like someone this thread is not for you :/ sorry.. Start another thread to talk about that or something please.. (I would rather that not be done anywhere but if you wanna do that then do that elsewhere because I won't be there)..
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 9:12:40 PM
At 6/19/2013 9:10:58 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Yeah, the last thing I wanted was for two people who I just declared as respecting the most on DDO to get into a flame war.

1) Careful, your close to 5000 posts

2) Im technically not on that list so does that mean im allowed to proceed in participating in a good ole fashioned flamewar?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 9:13:14 PM
At 6/19/2013 9:10:58 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Dude, I'm just agreeing with what you said -well, mostly anyway.
Tsar of DDO
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 9:18:06 PM

That's fine.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 9:18:58 PM
I can dig this since I'm in a charitable mood. I remember doing this a little while back but my results will probs focus on a few different people.

1. Cody- He's the smartest dude I've come across on this site hands down. 'Nuff said.
2. Danielle- She's smart, interesting, a beast mafia player, and not too shabby lookin. It's a shame we don't disagree on pretty much anything because I'd love to debate her.
3. Popculturepooka- That boy is cute as a button and a philosophical force to be reckoned with. A dangerous combination.
4. DNinja- Dude's always fun to conversate with whether it be Doctor Who, the intricacies of some politico-philosophical concept, or just life itself.
5. YYW- He's a great guy and I don't know where he's been the last two years; insanely knowledgeable and a clever wit; great comrade against you know who.
6. Oryus- This girl is a perfect combination of Firefly, Doctor Who, and feminism; KRINACK; love our girl talk. She's also my mother so her inclusion might just be an obligation on my part.
7. Phantom- I loved tracking his philosophical development since he joined; bright guy for sure.
8. Tulle- My (not so) secret lady crush.
8. Drafterman- I have no idea how this man braves the religion forum so much.
9. Philochristos- His theological expertise is certainly respectable; also love his interview show he's got going.
10. Royalpaladin- Bright lady if I say so myself; I don't care what those meanie heads say.
11. FREEDO- Can't believe I forgot him. I would so bum out in California with this stoner savant.
12. Chrumbelievable- We're common law married so I thought it best to mention her. Can't be pissing off the ole ball and chain.

To anyone I didn't mention, it's just because I don't like you.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 9:24:07 PM
Ive tried making a list of my favorite DDO people.... But I like too many people.

Id be better off making a top 12 of people whose existence I do not care for.

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 9:25:48 PM
At 6/19/2013 9:24:07 PM, imabench wrote:

Id be better off making a top 12 of people whose existence I do not care for.

I'm afraid even the Internet must have some sort of space limit.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.