Jump to topic:

The importance of my opinion!

2breezy4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 9:45:23 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I believe that my opinion is as good as anyone else's no matter what. Recently in my relegion class my teacher happened to disagree with this statement replying that someone older than me with greater knowledge has a better opinion than I. This is where i justify the difference of opinion and fact. My opinion is something that is true to me and that i beleive is true, and a fact is somthing true proven with some sort of knowledge. Just because you are of higher knowledge than I dosent give you the better opinion. Therefore my opinion is as good as anyone else's. Any one agree , Disagree?? Please speak now
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 9:55:40 PM
Just because your opinion is true to you does not mean that it is actually true. I could be of the opinion that murder is acceptable, or that 2+2=5, or that you're an idiot; however, although these things may be true to me, that doesn't actually make them true, except for maybe that last one, which I hope is untrue.
mistavega
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 3:19:51 AM
I'm with cody one this one. You know, on that last one. Fairly accurate assumption cody, you have intuitive spidey senses?
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 3:46:39 AM
At 12/3/2009 9:45:23 PM, 2breezy4u wrote:
I believe that my opinion is as good as anyone else's no matter what. Recently in my relegion class my teacher happened to disagree with this statement replying that someone older than me with greater knowledge has a better opinion than I. This is where i justify the difference of opinion and fact. My opinion is something that is true to me and that i beleive is true, and a fact is somthing true proven with some sort of knowledge. Just because you are of higher knowledge than I dosent give you the better opinion. Therefore my opinion is as good as anyone else's. Any one agree , Disagree?? Please speak now

Let's say you went to the doctor's and found out that you have a tumor. Your personal opinion is to remove it immediately. However, the professional doctor, with much more knowledge in the circumstance in comparison to you, knows that immediate removal will lead to more tumors. The doctor's opinion in this case would be much valued over yours.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 5:19:18 AM
At 12/4/2009 3:46:39 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 12/3/2009 9:45:23 PM, 2breezy4u wrote:

Let's say you went to the doctor's and found out that you have a tumor. Your personal opinion is to remove it immediately. However, the professional doctor, with much more knowledge in the circumstance in comparison to you, knows that immediate removal will lead to more tumors. The doctor's opinion in this case would be much valued over yours.

I love how you chose not to make that comical.
Sylux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 6:46:11 AM
"I believe that I have the right to my own opinion, and my opinion is that you have no right to your opinion.
*BLAM*"

Guess the quote and I'll give you a cookie.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
Dmorgen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 2:14:22 PM
The use of the word better in this thread is very subjective.

Ultimately I must agree with Cody. In the realm of pure opinion things may be true to an individual, if we mean that the person accepts a premise, position, or idea. However, in the marketplace of ideas where opinions are challenged and compared, one opinion can be more demonstrable than another.

Cheers,
Don
Cheers,
Don
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 6:00:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/4/2009 6:46:11 AM, Sylux wrote:
"I believe that I have the right to my own opinion, and my opinion is that you have no right to your opinion.
*BLAM*"

Guess the quote and I'll give you a cookie.

That's a George Carlin line, don't recall which album. GIMME MY COOKIE!
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5